1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Civ 5 - Community Call to Power project' started by Horem, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Malice805

Malice805 Chieftain

Thanks but isnt that going to force me to start a new game ?

2. Malice805

Malice805 Chieftain

So I did that but Im still having the same problem both in my old saved game and a completely new one. The tech tree degrades and eventually all I can see is the bracket lines. And I cant scroll either in the tree.

3. Spirit7609

Spirit7609 Chieftain

Horem, could you make any sense of the log files I posted? I tried again yesterday and v2 as well as v3 won't start but crash the game, it's repeatable.

v3 extended still works and I can load saved games. I'm having fun with extended now. :)

One strange thing is, when I hover over worker skills, game crashes. It's not all skills, most of the time it's the recommended skill. That problem seems to occur only in the first turns of a saved game. It also goes away when loading from within a game (not from cctp starting screen).

Please let me know if I can do anything, I don't want civ to crash with cctp when v3 goes release. :)
    I can't make sense of the logs though. Maybe it's kind of a race condition, where flavors etc. are loaded when they are not yet available.

Since I seem to be the only one with this problem (Malice could resolve the issue) there could well be a problem with my game files. I'll check that and do a repair or reinstall this evening.

4. Cannes

Cannes Chieftain

In the description of the Oak Monopoly it says: "each source of jade in the empire..."

5. Horem

Horem Emperor

Fixed.

Kind of :), I think it is all related to the CCTP Maps element of CCTP. Finding it hard to track down tbh, dont know much lua. And please stop using v2, is extreemly broken due to the fall patch :)

6. Horem

Horem Emperor

Updated to version 3f, disabled CCTP maps, its the only element that I can currently see that is throwing out errors in the logs, hopefully this wil resolve the issues with the UI.

7. Spirit7609

Spirit7609 Chieftain

Seems I missed v3f. V3g still crashes after mod selection screen so I couldn't test that.
    Trying repair now, maybe that helps. If not, extended still works, strange enough. :)

Okay, after repairing and removing any mod other than cctp v3 it now loads the mod. It seems that mods are at least examined, even when they're disabled. lua.log threw some errors about wrong text string formats. database.log still complains about landmarks and leaders (korean, I don't have the korean DLC). These errors (warnings?) lead to validation failing, but don't seem to affect cctp at all.

8. Horem

Horem Emperor

They are to do with DLC's.

9. Nechrom

Nechrom Chieftain

Just started using this mod (v3g).

I have run into two different bugs so far.

- One is that the Manufactory (Great Engineer special ability) doesn't connect any of the new resources which I have tried it on. Don't know if it works on old resources, have only tried on Aloe Vera and Barley.

- The second is that once I researched Metallurgy I couldn't make Samurai (playing as Japan) in any of my cities, but Swordsman also got replaced with Warrior. Already existing units weren't effected and I can still upgrade all the way from Warrior > Swordsman > Samurai for gold on existing and new units. Can't buy or train new Swordsmen or Samurai directly in my cities though, only Warriors. I have plenty of iron btw.

- Oh, and one more thing I didn't bother trying to replicate, but I think the "+1 happiness from garrison" policies don't stack.
    I don't think I got both from completed Monarchy and the Imperialism "Command" policy. Might be the latter which just doesn't work, I just didn't notice any change in happiness when I got it (lots of cities with garrisoned troops).

I don't know what info is relevant to tracking down the bugs.
    Nation: Japan
    Speed: Standard
    Map: Continents

Not using any other mods.

10. Horem

Horem Emperor

Hi and welcome to the froums!

I'll take a look at the Engineer issue. Not suere about Japan, i do not have that DLC to have a look see. And yeah HPGU does not stack, never has :(

Some log files might well help with the japan issues.

11. Nechrom

Nechrom Chieftain

Thanks for the fast response.

Japan is a part of the base game. I only have the Mongol and 'Gods and Kings' DLC.

Not sure what good the logs will do after the fact, but I enabled them and loaded up the game.

Attached Files:

12. bladex

bladex Emperor

game crashed around 80 turns with no warning . i think i was using route to road at the time

version 3g

Attached Files:

• Lua.rar
      File size:
      28.2 KB
      Views:
  13. 3335d

3335d CCtP Player

IMO, Horem should approach all of these bugs in one go, rather than releasing one hotfix per bug, only to have new ones crop up. In the meantime, I will work on the future direction of the project. Once Fires and Chrome come back I think we should be stable again and should have set the preconditions for the release of my new expansion for this mod (which, while it does not have an ETA, would require chrome-rome's and FiresForever's help to complete and refine).

14. bladex

bladex Emperor

this time it crashed under 20 turns i went to build a mine on some diamonds and boom! 3g is f'd! :mad:

whats the most stable version with the tech tree fixed for the patch?

15. Lrd Dread

Lrd Dread Prince

i am playing 3e with no problems

16. Lrd Dread

Lrd Dread Prince

Supercomputer does not give +200 science.... had 11, built supercomputer and then (after attaching 2 people to it) only had 125

17. 3335d

3335d CCtP Player

Most likely a text bug. I think we need to get ALL of those resolved ideally before releasing 3i, or at the latest before v4.

EDIT: And BTW 400th post!

18. bladex

bladex Emperor

where can you download it i only see a link for 3g

19. 3335d

3335d CCtP Player

You could use an old Git commit - but I really don't know how exactly we could identify v3e.

20. Lrd Dread

Lrd Dread Prince

I will take science items and find issues with them......