Bugs to fix and possible improvements

I played some R&FR games and now I get a pair of Python exceptions every time I start BTS to play straight Civ or another mod:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in ?
File "<string>", line 52, in load_module
File "<Rhyes_Terra>", line 18, in ?
ImportError: No module named StoredData
and
Failed to load python module Rhyes_terra
Also, the error log has several of these:
ERR: Call function getModPath failed. Can't find module Rhyes_Terra.py

They don't seem to affect the game and I could always get rid of them by turning off reporting, but I'd rather see it fixed. Do you need to do something or do I need to do something? :confused:

Pease look at this save, it's America at 1902. It says I failed my first UHV, but why? Montreal is 12 squares away from Washington. There was Japan Naha at western coast, but I razed it exactly at 1900 (and Japan shouldn't count as European anyway?)
Bug?

Attachments

• Washington AD-1902 Turn 368.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
I think it would be better with more Independent, Native, and Celtic cities. It adds room for expansion and different starting points of civilization.

I just tried out playing as the Mayans. After a bit of fiddling I figured out a way to get Calendar by 600, but it's a bit disheartening when straight after gettting CoL I'm told the Temple of Kukulkan has been built in a far away land, hence I fail the second victory condition. Is this normal? Am I supposed to just go for a standard victory now?

I only ask because in this game it would be absolutely impossible to get the wonder built before then (unless someone can please beat 690AD for having it built, to prove me wrong). And so the historical victory is impossible. Do you have to just accept the historical victories are literally impossible sometimes?

The distance conditions should scale to map size, and Russian one should be toned down regardless (10 tiles is already a lot).

Pease look at this save, it's America at 1902. It says I failed my first UHV, but why? Montreal is 12 squares away from Washington. There was Japan Naha at western coast, but I razed it exactly at 1900 (and Japan shouldn't count as European anyway?)
Bug?

I wrote 10 in the text and 15 in the code. So, Montreal was the problem.

Rhye do you have an ETA for RAND ? (La scimmia si sta impossessando di me).

"Cioè, bello, la scimmia, no, cioè, che tu sei lì, sei, e...".
(untranslatable... just think of an Italian junkie).

I agree, RAND is as addictive as a drug.

Hey guys, I just found this thread and I'll be working on fixing these bugs/annoyances in my RFC RAND "Improved" project. Check it out if you'd like. I've already taken care of revealing the area around your spawn and the culture problem (at least partially... I'd like feedback). I'm working on scaling the UHVs right now. I'm assuming Rhye already has the bugs fixed so I'll wait until the next release to put those in.

Cheers.

I just tried out playing as the Mayans. After a bit of fiddling I figured out a way to get Calendar by 600, but it's a bit disheartening when straight after gettting CoL I'm told the Temple of Kukulkan has been built in a far away land, hence I fail the second victory condition. Is this normal? Am I supposed to just go for a standard victory now?

I only ask because in this game it would be absolutely impossible to get the wonder built before then (unless someone can please beat 690AD for having it built, to prove me wrong). And so the historical victory is impossible. Do you have to just accept the historical victories are literally impossible sometimes?
I've built the wonder before then, but that was purely by luck. Every other time I've played it, someone else managed to finish it first. The only thing you can do is start over and try again.

muscfreak, don't worry about balancement: you'll spend time in doing something I've already done
Alright, I'll wait then. It just seemed like a while since you posted an update to RAND so I thought I'd maybe get ahead of the game. But either way, my version is faster. :) Are you looking into the cPickle suggestion I posted?

I've just played a game as Greece and noticed something strange:

Hannibal is willing to make peace with ... Napoleon? Shouldn't this be "Independent Leader"? (Rome was next door, but crashed to independents)

I aplogise for repeating the question... Is it meant to be the case that historical victories are literally impossible some games? In the above example I have to say it would feel weird to have to replay the game from the start just to have another chance at historical victory, and that that chance may again be 0%.

yes it is meant to be.

I aplogise for repeating the question... Is it meant to be the case that historical victories are literally impossible some games? In the above example I have to say it would feel weird to have to replay the game from the start just to have another chance at historical victory, and that that chance may again be 0%.

It may happen that they are impossible in some games, since the randomness may create situations I can't predict.
But I did my best to avoid that, and it's adviceable to upgrade to the latest patch for this reason

Here's a small bug. I don't know Julius Caesar, but when I talk to Cyrus, I can ask what he thinks about him.

Top Bottom