Bugs to fix and possible improvements

Possible improvement:

What about giving the Vikings two berserks in the beginning instead of two axemen?

India needs improvement in its start. It needs a food+health resource at least: wheat or rice. This is because India has lowered health+features unhealth (jungle) and because its starting area generally sucks. In RFC, the starting area of India is full of resources (must be the area with highest resource density on the map I think). Not so in RAND.

India needs improvement in its start. It needs a food+health resource at least: wheat or rice. This is because India has lowered health+features unhealth (jungle) and because its starting area generally sucks. In RFC, the starting area of India is full of resources (must be the area with highest resource density on the map I think). Not so in RAND.

Agreed, I'm surprised more people haven't commented on this.

Hi Rhye,

is there any possibility to tie special ressources to terrain or regions? It seems odd to me playing the Germans or English to have access to Ivory or Spices. They didn't have those in their starting regions. In fact the lack of those valuable goods was an incentive for colonization and far reaching trade. So maybe you could make Ivory/elephants available only near in a sphere in between coordinates, say, 7 plots on both sides of the equator. Or you tie spices to regions below the equator.

I always play with high likeness.

yep, high likeliness europe has extremely high likeliness of silk (practically, 99,9% each civ will have access to it) and cotton, and likeliness for spices and elephants.

I haven't played RAND in a while, but are resources separated. Like Silk is left out of Europe, corn is only in Americas, yadi yada...

corn is normally present copiously in america but can seldom be found in other equatorial areas like Africa. Silk is abundant in Europe as we said, it should be checked up. Same for spices.
And sugar should be abundant in the caribbeans but it's very rare to find (anywhere).

Do you mean IRL for the corn, or in the game.
In other words, was that post agreeing with me?

I think this is a major part of world history. My global teacher even said that in her opinion, Columbus discovering the Americas was the biggest turning point in world history, on a global scale. The Columbian Exchange was when major cultural diffusion engulfed the ENTIRE world, and some of the food only found in the Americas became staples to European diets. They were introduces to potatoes (Ireland), corn (a little everywhere), tomatoes (especially for Italy) and more. The lives of Asian people grew longer was another contribution from the Columbian Trade, as it provided Asians with nutrients that they were'nt used to in their diet.

This is why I think we should separate many resources:
-Corn from Eastern Hemisphere, until the Conquerers even, like horses.
-Rice, Bananas, Cows, Pigs, Sheep from Western Hemisphere, introduces same as horses

Maybe with a mod, cocoa could be added to counter lack of resources from above.

Do you mean IRL for the corn, or in the game.
In other words, was that post agreeing with me?

ingame, compared to how it should be (should = IRL). I play a lot of RAND. Actually, I play only RAND ^^

I agree totally.

We all remember how India in RFC classic was certainly no picnic and IMO one of the toughest lands to control at least until Biology. So you know things must be getting pretty bad if I'm actually wishing for the old India lands as that would be a big improvement over what we have in RAND.

I've played mutiple games as India and I would say the lands are downright terrible each and every time. India went from having a very challenging and difficult land area in classic to a near-impossible one in RAND.

EDIT: on a side note I think China too needs more food and luxury resources. Both China and India should have the potential to turn into population-superpowers.

In some of my recent RAND games the Barbarians seem to sack nearly all ancient cities. So when the medieval civs like Arabia arive there are no cities left to conquer. Only about 20 ruins of former cities. What exactly decides if a city is sacked and destroyed or not? Can the AI be programmed so as to not destroy every city they grab? Maybe only minor ones and not big cities with some wonders or not holy cities.

When I loaded up the mod for the first time, "Play Now" was grayed out. Unloading and reloading didn't seem to help. Should I re-install the mod or try something else? Also, would this be considered a "bug"?

EDIT: on a side note I think China too needs more food and luxury resources. Both China and India should have the potential to turn into population-superpowers.

I find China to be generally ok. It is one of my favourite civs in RAND. I've won with Time, Space Race on Monarch and Historical on Viceroys. It is lacking luxury resources if you compare it with RFC, or especially it is lacking the luxury diversity. With food it is generally ok, might need a restart or two but it's not hard to have big grassland flatlands with a long river irrigating them and the seldom rice or pig resource.

On a very low, large, temperate world, monarch difficulty, I keep getting barbarian Landsneckts spawning in unclaimed territory quite often. I've never seen Landsneckts as barbarians before and even stranger they never pillage, and only attack if you put a unit beside them that they know they can beat, be it with strength or number. Once they just sat on a tile in my territory with a road on it and did nothing. Also, they always spawn in groups of three. What's up here?:confused:

Here are some screenshots and a save.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    219.3 KB · Views: 214
  • Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 221
  • Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 225
  • Washington AD-1500 Turn 281.CivBeyondSwordSave
    620.3 KB · Views: 203
Hi,
I've played the Dutch in RAND and experienced the problem that once I entered with a galley into some barbarian territory, the game crashes. I tried to play the game without entering this territory for a while but later on, it crashed too while meeting Russians close to same part of the map.
I have civ4 complete version (which includes Warlords and Bts expansion), Civ4BeyondTheSwordPatch3.19 and played RFC_RAND126 mode.

I encountered similar problem also when playing RFC_BtS1186 as Vikings when meeting Greece.
Do you think this is a problem of the mod or of the game?

Attachments

• Willem van Oranje AD-0840 Turn 205-bug.CivBeyondSwordSave
    348.6 KB · Views: 100
I have recently updated my Civ IV BTS to the 3.19 version. I then updated RFC RAND to the last version I could find (1.26). I also have updated the RFC to the last version.

My problem is : Civ IV BTS works fine. RFC works fine. RFC RAND works... but does not give me the historical victory conditions. Whatever I do (I tried "play a game", "personalize scenario", etc.), it's always the same. I did not have this problem with the previous version.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this ? Maybe you can spot what I'm doing wrong ?

Thx a lot !

Top Bottom