Bugs3 - The Sid Virgin Sacrifice

I played all five of my starts and everyone had us meeting another civ by 3000 BC. I think this is a huge concern.

Sorry, I could not resist and played a few turns on the map I made. We are alone on an island there.. but there is another interesting aspect on that map :)

If we use that one I should be put further down the list I guess (I deliberately didnt build any boats thou so I would not get knowledge outside starting island)

lurker's comment: What about someone making a map for you? I could generate an archipelago, 80% water standard map, but would ensure that you have a fighting chance...just a thought
This is another very good idea.

Sorry, I could not resist and played a few turns on the map I made. We are alone on an island there.. but there is another interesting aspect on that map
:lol: seems the tension rises, eh?

We should deceide on either way and get the game started, or to be more precise the discussion about out start and initial strategy once we know our start. I like them both.

I think we should have Aggie make us a custom map. Not too much :mischief:

I agree. That would be the easiest and fastest way - we are on page 4 and haven't decided what start to take! :lol:

I have a save ready. So when you all agree with me making the map, I can post it right away. Including screenshot.

It's a random map, with random starting spots. Only thing I did was choosing a spot for you (so assigning a spot to player 1)...

As grs said settler SW (we keep the commerce bonus as a center square) and worker mines in place.

I'll check out the two non-modded river games, even though Gyathaar already looked a few turns into his.

bed_head7 said:
I'll check out the two non-modded river games, even though Gyathaar already looked a few turns into his.

Since it seems we decided to use Aggie's start, I played more turns on my map. Curious how well I would do without sending out curraghs at all to explore, I stayed on my island. I was found by the civ that built lighthouse before GLib was built, but I still finished it in 950BC. I also got MoM 2 turns later, and that is how far I have gotten :)

grs said:
I will start us tonight in about 12 hours. We go for minimum research of writing first?
I doubt we can go faster.

4000BC: Settler sw - we spot a cow and we are not on the coast, but on a 1 tile lake. I re-think settling here and working the bg first for a moment, but everything else would waste too many moves. Worker mines. I rarely mine first, but we will get the 1st warrior sooner.

3950BC: Paris founded and we spot a deer outside its borders. Warrior started. Research to writing at min.

3800BC: Worker roads bg.

3750BC: Paris warrior - warrior. Warrior spots incense to the south and yet another river.

3650BC: Road a grassland to save time on the way back.

3600BC: We have another inland lake.

3550BC: Paris warrior - settler.

3400BC: Another cow and a baddy hut.

3350BC: Another cow. The island is huge, I wonder and it seems as if it's our own.

3150BC: Our first settler.

I end this here, because we have so many good spots to settle and already know a decent ammount of the isle. I am not out of confidence (in fact I had to overcome some false pride to stop here), but we should now make a dotmap. We can guess that we are alone and the isle will stretch at leat a bit more to the north. In hindsight, if I had expected that much land I would have gone for pottery and a granary, but that was not to expect.

Aggie's present:

Concur with Doc on the second city placement. Aggie's present is very accurate. There are a lot of cows here.

Roster:
grs - Just played
Ankka - Up
Gyathaar - On deck
Doc T
Gator
Bugs

Opponents are

Rome
Dutch
Persia
Aztec