Bugs3 - The Sid Virgin Sacrifice

I have no problem with the proposed city, but that was not what I meant. I think we should dotmap the known part of our isle and fill it as fast as we could. With this amount of land, we have to fear an AI landing before we can secure all our land if we don't plan it good. I would not "waste" shields on a temple for example, but only build settlers, workers maybe some warriors for mp.

Btw, Aggie chose some different settings for our game:

Edit: note the baddy hut with barbarians "none" :confused:

Attachments

• bugs3-settings.jpg
    bugs3-settings.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 478
I can tell you that the settings you show here are totally incorrect. I gave you:

-Barbarians: roaming
-Climate: wet
-LandForm: Archipelago
-MapSize: Normal
-Ocean Coverage: 80%
-Temperature: tmeperate (iirc, could be warm though)
-World Age: 4 billion years

Strange :eek: But I naturally saw the map and it is archipelago, 80% water for sure :)

I would not "waste" shields on a temple for example,

I do not agree here. About half of our opponents start with Alphabet, there are huts, and even a EXP Civ. The reason for the Temple is this will mean 10 or even 20% more lux solely for the wonder city without, and it needs the border expansion - no other way except a really ill-placed city to pull in the second Cow.
I'd prebuild a Temple after 2 Curraghs; CB is pretty cheap. Then GLib prebuild.

That said, aside from wonder city I completely agree with Settlers, Settlers and even more Settlers.
But don't expect we are allowed to develop the wonder city some time later. Not with huts on the map.

My guess is aggie made a biq file in editor, but didnt change the 'new game' settings in c3c before loading the biq file.. there is a bug that makes the settings in 'new game' overwrite the settings from scenario.

The land will look like aggie made the map, but we will have OCN and tech costs of a huge map.

Gyathaar said:
The land will look like aggie made the map, but we will have OCN and tech costs of a huge map.

The higher OCN will help us but the higher tech cost could hurt. Is there anyway to edit it correctly? (I've never used the editor.)

The higher OCN will help us but the higher tech cost could hurt. Is there anyway to edit it correctly? (I've never used the editor.)

I dont know of any savegame editor that can change what map ruleset that is used

Higher OCN means less corruption, that commbined with commersial (lower corruption and extra gold) civ means a lot of extra gold.
Higher OCN also means we need a lot more cities to be able to build forbidden palace, and it also means we need more cities for palace to cost more shields.. which is bad if we want to use it as prebuild for Glib.

Atleast in the beginning higher tech-costs would not mean much for us, we wont be able to research much faster than minimum research anyway. It would basically mean stealing techs would be worthwhile earlier, and AIs would be slower at researching.

First time I saw this bug, I didnt know about it.. and I played a max size worldmap on DG difficulty with tiny map settings... That was painful for corruption :lol: But the techspeed was crazy because of the cheap techs :D

You were just in time. I was just gonna start playing. Thanks. :)

And I wouldn't have really known where to plant cities except the first one... couls someone do a dotmap? I'm VERY bad at city placing.

Again, apologies...

I checked the settings with seed beast myself now and had to pick the AI opponents to give you the same emenies as the original...

Go figure...I try 1 milking game, got bored and never thought about it anymore. Still it messed things up pretty badly :(

Thanks for all your work on this Aggie. No one's perfect, I appreciate your efforts.

I guess it goes back to GRS to try and duplicate his turns.

I'll try and generate a dot map to start a discussion.

Some thoughts:
This may be too loose.

Red dot is Doc's location. Blue dot is a nice coastal site. We may want something at the green dot for a tighter build. Yellow dot fills in the southern peninsula. White dot or pink dot would grab the far off cow.

@Aggie: nothing to worry about, we have to thank you for making a map (and for the cows too).

@bugs: is this just a placement to secure the land? we do not want to go with OCP I think. I would settle at distance 3-4 depending of the rivers and resources we grab.

@all: ok, I will replay tonight.

Edit: ok, I will retract what I said about the dotmap. I just needs two or three cities inserted in between. My proposal:

Attachments

• bugs3-3150bc_dot_map_new.JPG
    bugs3-3150bc_dot_map_new.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 442
I like grs' modification. Like I said it was only a starting point for the discussion.

I think we'll be able to put some fishing villages out on the peninsula.

Red,blue,white are obvious. For some of the others, I'd like some more info (Fish? Whales?) first.
Don't like green. This will be a mediocre city, but will get rank #1...instead of moving it closer to the capital, I'd move it 1 tile in the opposite direction, away from the river to the coast.

But Black...settling on a grassland tile, to be able to work more Tundra? ;)
1N, at least!

I just post what was different from last time:

3500BC: spot a barb warrior at 3500BC!!! Fortify our warrior on a hill.

IBT: defense-kill the barb

3450BC: find the barb camp

3400BC: disperse barb camp for 25gold and a promotion.

3150BC: move the settler towards the red dot where we will place our wonder city as described above by DocT.

@Aggie: does this map have barbs? If yes at what setting? Did you preplace the camp? I have never seen a barb that soon on deity or below, is that another sid feature?

Since this just started, I would like to know if it is still possible to join?
Im mostly a demigod player, and this would be my first Succ game.
Im very good at MMing but at the higher levels I have problems with deciding what my general goals should be, so I decided on doing succ game to improve this.
I have lots of spare time so this aspect shouldnt be a problem, I also follow lots of succ games so I know how they work.

Top Bottom