Buying all civ6 Content

DrJim32

Chieftain
Good evening guys. i hope you are all well considering this covid19 thing going round.

I just have a quite "stupid" question....
What is the price of buying all the content of the civ6 game (in order to have access every single thing) I go in the website and its like... 5 pounds this 3 pounds that 30 pounds this 40pounds that i am just lost for words. And also if there is a difference between steam and the official site.

thank you all in advance.

Looking at Steam right now, I think buying the Platinum Edition (119 €) + New Frontier Pass (40 €) will give you all content. So you seem to be looking at the equivalent of 159 €, if you don't wait for a discount.

WoW!!!! seriousl?!?!?! 160 for a game? jesus that is a LOT of money...

You could buy just the base game first and then slowly add expansions and dlc to your collection.

If you buy all the expansions at once, you might be overwhelmed by the features.

WoW!!!! seriousl?!?!?! 160 for a game? jesus that is a LOT of money...

Wait for a sale. Don't buy it now, that would be silly.

Check this website:
https://isthereanydeal.com/

Then prioritise as such:
- Base game + Gathering Storm;
- Rise and Fall (all mechanics are included in GS. This only buys you Civs);
- Single DLC packs.

You could buy just the base game first and then slowly add expansions and dlc to your collection.

If you buy all the expansions at once, you might be overwhelmed by the features.

I dont mind that. I d like to see and play the game in its full extent and potential. but 160 is just insane imo...

Wait for a sale. Don't buy it now, that would be silly.

Check this website:
https://isthereanydeal.com/

Then prioritise as such:
- Base game + Gathering Storm;
- Single DLC packs.

I ll just keep on checking the official website and/or steam for a sale. (hopefully it will be something worth) not something like 7% or 15% etc you get the point. but tnx guys you shed some light in it. But atm 160 is just a big no

I dont mind that. I d like to see and play the game in its full extent and potential. but 160 is just insane imo...
I ll just keep on checking the official website and/or steam for a sale. (hopefully it will be something worth) not something like 7% or 15% etc you get the point. but tnx guys you shed some light in it. But atm 160 is just a big no

Obviously you haven't played Crusader Kings II. But yeah, wait for sales.

Not true, you also get wonders with it such as one super important for diplomatic victory: Statue of Liberty.

Also, there's nothing wrong with getting a civ pack or two individually if you wanna play that specific civ.

Probably the best value for money is the Platinum edition, which includes the base game, the 2 expansions, and all the small DLC released before R&F.
During a sale I've seen it cost less than 50 Euro.

It does not include the most recent New Frontier pass, you'll need to buy that separately, maybe it'll be discounted at some point as well.

paradox games are a different pricing level.
I always wait for at least 40% discount, which means I am one year behind. However the biggest difference is between vanilla and any of the expansions - loyalty is a huge difference in noxious AI forward settling.
I would say wait for sale on the base game + , get single small DLCs if you wish and perhaps get GS later and NFP if you wish.
The game can be enjoyed without all additions, and it is a bit different game each time. Not bad, mind you

You don't need everything. Personally, I'd research each pack and just buy what appeals to you. Obviously, you're interested in Vaniĺla. That's a good game in and of itself, and might be all you want. Personally, I'd recommend getting the two expansion packs (Rise & Fall and Gathering Storm), they do add a lot to the game. They aren't as good value for money as the base game (XPs never are!), but they will provide the bulk of the Civ VI experience beyond Vanilla. With those,.you'll have the vast majority of the mechanics, the majority of the Civs and the rest is mostly...flavour.

I'd definitely research the other packs and decide what appeals to you, if any. New Frontiers Pass is not great value for money, to be honest. If you have money to burn, it certainly isn't detrimental and does improve the game, but so far it doesn't do anything amazing for the game. The individual packs are easy enough for you to check out what they give in advance and whether it's something that appeals to you personally.

I've got it on the Switch, so I had Vanilla and all the DLC packs barring Khymer & Indonesia and Nubia packs for free. I bought the two XPs and definitely worth the money. I got NFP and...I don't think I would have missed out on much, had I not. That might change next week though; Byzantium and Gaul are two Civs that I can actually get excited about.

In short, don't feel pressured into getting everything, you really don't need to. Just buy what appeals enough to warrant opening your wallet. It's also on sale very frequently; on the Switch, it goes on sale every couple of months and everytime I looked at it on Steam, it was on sale. Don't be a fool and pay full price!

Top Bottom