1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

C2C Balance Thread

Discussion in 'Strategy and tips' started by ls612, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Barrenlands

Barrenlands Chieftain

Hi im completely new to c2c and would like to start a game via custom game setup. I would like to play a quick game just to see how the mod plays out. What are the recomended game options. And does Quick game speed affect balance?

Thank you for your help
    Barrenlands

2. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Normal game speed, standard map size, Monarch difficulty; only turn on a few game options (checkboxes) on your first try, add in new ones that you think are interesting based on their tooltip on your next try.

When the game is started you have the BUG options right under your gold count, those options you can change whenever you please; so feel free to experiment with them whenever you feel comfortable doing so.

Barrenlands likes this.
  3. Barrenlands

Barrenlands Chieftain

That was a quick response ty :)

4. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Oh, almost forgot, the "World" mapscript is the most up to date script we have. It's in the bottom of the dropdown list.

Barrenlands likes this.
  5. Barrenlands

Barrenlands Chieftain

Hey what about victories, of i set it to mastery then i can play only 2000 turns? Are those enough on slower game speeds?

6. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

Mastery is not limited to 2000 turns. I just passed 7500. What gave you that idea?

Barrenlands likes this.
  7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

The turn count is just the end of the time victory trigger, when the game will figure out who won the time victory challenge by point score. You can ALWAYS play past any game victory point if you wish.

Barrenlands likes this.
  8. Barrenlands

Barrenlands Chieftain

I clicked on victory conditions and next to mastery its saying (1850 Turns Left) thats why i thougjt so

9. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Mastery works off the time victory for taking an ultimate tally as well, and the time victory condition is a part of that tally, as are any other victory conditions you've been able to meet by then. I'm not sure that the scientific one is even possible right now based on the span that the time victory has been given.

10. Yudishtira

On the 2000 turn gamespeed, Mastery will announce a winner after 2000 turns. You can very likely finish the tech tree before that. If not, you can always ignore the victory announcement.

Barrenlands likes this.
  11. Barrenlands

Barrenlands Chieftain

Ok ty.
    What victory conditions do you reconmend to activate? :)

12. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Mastery is the same as activating all victory conditions, so if mastery is ticked it doesn't matter if the others are ticked or not.
    We usually recommend to have mastery ticked.

Barrenlands likes this.
  13. Yudishtira

It must be said that Mastery is very bugged, such that the spaceship (awarded in Information Era long before a C2C spaceship can be built), but especially culture and number of cities hugely outweigh everything else. I would also suggest that Mastery is like deactivating all other victory conditions, since you can't win by domination or culture, or any other way than Mastery (the idea of mastery is that it factors in all other victory types, but 1. it doesn't really, and 2. that's very different to having those victory types active).

I won't use it again unless it gets fixed, but knowing all its flaws, you decide whether it's for you... It does prevent a premature culture victory, which the leading AI effortlessly achieves mid-game on slower gamespeeds (and higher difficulties).

14. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Yudi does make a point, it is flawed.

15. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I'm not sure about the spaceship or where we are with that - probably pretty out of date with ourselves, but you do win domination and culture victories - it is taken into account that you did once the time is up and it tallies all the victories you could achieve before the time victory is called.

16. Yudishtira

I don't know if Brazil in my game got points for cultural victory, all I know is it's insignificant compared to 100 Phenomenal cities at 30 points each (he has 475 total). There is also a "Culture" heading in the Victory tab, and I have more points than him there too.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  17. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Due to the constant late game crashes I've never been able to complete a mastery victory so I've never seen how it balances the victories against each other. Though there's a breakdown in the red fist victory screen. It's probable that some work to balance it out more appropriately is in order. Generally it's the victory setting to select so that you can see all the stuff in the game without an actual victory bringing things to a close early.

18. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I do not and have not recommended it for years now.

Toffer90 likes this.