C2C crashing when loading an older save

Tiduidu

Chieftain
Downloaded a new version of the mod, loaded up an old save.Got a pop-up window asking if assets should be recalculated. When I accept, the game freezes still. Wasn't just situational, happened every time I tried to load the save.

What to do?

How old an "old save"? In other words what version was that "Old" game save started under?

If it was as far back as v34 then It will probably not play. Also if you have used the Mega pack for Leaders that could cause a hang.

One final suggestion: on older saves it can take 10 minutes+ for the Re-calc to complete. Hence the "Freeze". Give it more time next try. If it finishes the Re-calc it should load normally from then on.

And Welcome to C2C.:)

JosEPh

One final suggestion: on older saves it can take 10 minutes+ for the Re-calc to complete. Hence the "Freeze". Give it more time next try. If it finishes the Re-calc it should load normally from then on.

And Welcome to C2C.:)

JosEPh

That is correct. . . And if it has a TON of cities and Civ's it could take even longer, i had one once that took around 15 minutes for it to do the re-calc.

How old an "old save"? In other words what version was that "Old" game save started under?

The mod, I downloaded from modbb in summer of 2015. I doubt it's too old to cooperate.

It may be just my impatience, I do have like 30 cities alone and it's barely early medieval period.

EDIT
Yup, it works now. I was just too stubborn to give it some time.

lol... try running that on the debug save. Can take up to or over an hour (and is often interrupted by asserts to ignore so you have to watch it to get it to go through!)

Top Bottom