1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

C2C - Flammability

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by Hydromancerx, Oct 5, 2011.

1. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

:devil: the fire events are done :band:
    bad news is:

PrereqMinProperties doesn't do anything :(

I have it like this:

Code:
    			<PrereqMinProperties>
    				<Property>
    					<PropertyType>PROPERTY_FLAMMABILITY</PropertyType>
    					<iPropertyValue>500</iPropertyValue>
    				</Property>
    			</PrereqMinProperties>

and it triggers regardless of flammability - I have now added python callbacks just to get it out of the door for now.

2. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Yay! So how do you have it working at the moment?

3. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

Is the trigger you tested it with one that picks a city?
    How did you test it?

4. ori

my post detailing this in the random events thread did not go through last night due to server problems - I'll post it now.

it picks a city - I have a trigger (its in the svn files now for cityfire_highest) that should fire at >=500 - with my python callback it does - with the above in it it fires also in a setup where the city has 480 or is burned down to below 250.

5. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

Ok, how do you cause a certain trigger to try to trigger for testing?
    Do you have a good testcase I can use?

6. ori

take the attached save - the city has 480 flammability.
    with chipotle you can use ctrl-shift-e to get a list of triggers - the last ones in the list are mine.

Attached Files:

7. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

I was not able to open the save (directory name of mod is different).
    But I have used another save game to test it. I added a prereq of 150 flammability to the simple forest fire event.
    Then I used an old save game that has quite a lot of cities but the old accumulated value in all cities below 150. With modifier recalculation that went above 150 (due to asset changes in the meantime).
    Before the modifier recalculation Ctrl-Shift-e did not trigger the forest fire in any city. After the modifier recalculation it did trigger in a city with above 150 flammability.
    So I'd say it seems to work fine.

8. ori

oops, sorry for the save thing - I have a few installs - and that was the wrong one. I'll try the tags again, maybe it was just me being stupid ;)

9. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Create a soft link. mkjoin is the command as I recall. That way you can have multiple, directory names all pointing to the same physical directory. You then just need to edit your INI file to start the mod as the other name and it all works.

10. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Has anyone encountered a fire event in their games? So far I have not. I am wondering if the values or triggers are too weak.

11. Schwarzbart

Schwarzbart Prince

Turn 661 (Marathon game) and so fare no Fire event for me with my v19 game. But sadly I dont know how to see the Flammability of my Citys.

12. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

The mouseover of the city on the main map shows it.

13. Schwarzbart

Schwarzbart Prince

With my Highest Counter at 95 it looks like I am still save. (Btw I was wrong I am in a Snail game ^^)

14. ori

One thing to note is that I did not get around to use the xml tag to trigger the events, but still use python callbacks, I fear this means that it first chooses a city, then decides whether it can trigger the event, instead of choosing a city that can trigger the event in the first place. As a net effect I suspect that the triggers are actually activated a lot less than they could be (I may be mistaken).
    I plan to do some more event coding next week when I have some spare time, so I hope it increases the fire events.
    Nevertheless one can also discuss lowering some or all threshold or increasing the chances.

15. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

@ori

Are all fire events linked to flammability? In my last game I had only a few flammability events but I could not tell if they were because of my flammable buildings or just random. In short I cannot tell if its working or not.

16. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Are people getting fires at all? Should the amount be increased or anti-fire building be reduced?

17. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Fire events might need their trigger levels lowering a little or their trigger probbilities raising a bit (probably the latter but I haven't really examined the flammability numbers I'm seeing in cities so I can't be sure of that)

18. ori

19. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

I am guessing not since some people thought that Flammability was just added an have not really encounter the event in their games.

I personally have only seen 1 fire event and I don't even in think its related to yours. It was the Theater Burned down event. Is that linked to your fire events?

20. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

I think that the problem with the Fire events is not that the minimum Flammability thresholds are too high, but that the probability of a Fire event being triggered is too low. Even when my cities have high levels of Flammability, nothing ever seems to happen.

To answer your question, not really, I have only ever had one event involving fire, where my Marketplace burned down. It had almost no impact on my gold reserves at the time to rebuild.