1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

C2C - Flammability

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by Hydromancerx, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Espionage and Revolutions (if you play with that setting on).

Also Water Pollution and Air Pollution if you are using the SVN version.

And possibly in the not too distant future Diseases.

2. GiuseppeIII

GiuseppeIII The Third Giuseppe

Yeah forgot about those
    Micro management heaven:rotfl:

3. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Well you have ...

:food: = Food
    :hammers: = Production
    :commerce: = Commerce

:gold: = Gold
    :science: = Science
    :culture: = Culture
    :espionage: = Espionage

:)/:mad: = Happiness
    :health:/:yuck: = Health
    :traderoute: = Trade Routes
    :c5strength: = City Defense
    :religion: = Religion

- Revolutions

- Flammability
    - Crime
    - Air Pollution
    - Water Pollution

Seems like I am forgetting something. :confused:

4. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Whats the difference between all these, ie: building them with + flammability and some ALOT, vs not building them and not getting other stuff to go with them?? Just curious??

5. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

What? More flammability means more chance of a fire event. I don't understand your question.

6. strategyonly

Well that really i guess is my point, what is the value of building these then?

7. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

They give ...

- Fire Dancer = :) and :culture:
    - Imu = :health:, :food:, :culture: and Charcoal Resource
    - Smoke Signals = :science: and :espionage:
    - Charcoal Burner = :hammers: and Charcoal Resource

I am not sure what you are confused about. They all give both positive and negative stats.

8. strategyonly

I guess i am not getting the little value it gives for such a great + flammability, remembering now i am on med's:crazyeye:

9. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Well it takes a lot of flammability for anything to burn down. And unlike crime its a fixed number rather than "per turn". And since its an event its still quite random to get a fire even if you reach the threshold. +5 Flammability is nothing.

Also every little bit of :science:, :hammers:, :health: and :food: help. Especially when build in multiple cities.

For instance building a Charcoal Burner helps in the long run if you build it first since production after that is less. Thus building :hammers: and :food: in a city will help them grow faster and thus produce faster.

Avoiding any Flammability, Crime, Pollution or Disease will hurt you in the long run because many of the buildings that have these properties have other benefits that boost you. That was one of Joe's problems. He avoided Crime so much that he could not get enough gold.

While if he had just built some anti-crime units/buildings then they could cancel out the crime and have a net gain in gold and still low crime.

10. strategyonly

Ahhh ok, thats what was confusing me, be in red above, now that makes alot more sense, i was just used to the "per turn" stuff, see what a little info can do, thx for a great explanation, i am sure alot of people were confused by this also, well maybe just me:p;)

11. icanko

icanko Chieftain

I am playing C2C for the first time and so far ( 287 out of 9645 turns ) I have lost about 80 turns worth of production to burned down "buildings". I put it in quotes because my knowledge inheritance and native culture "buildings" burned down twice along with bandit hideout and sticks gathering.
    I admit my flammability is high: 10 because of the two buildings related to fire (the wonder and the camp fire) but still I think this is somewhat too severe of a penalty.

My suggestion is that the prehistoric buildings that aren't buildings per se to be made immune to disasters.

12. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Welcome to CFC and C2C. We are working on a better solution;). Currently there are too few events in the Prehistoric Era which means that the ones that are there are happening to often.

13. teakbois

teakbois Prince

One of my first games I built a fire pit. A fire destroyed. I rebuilt it. A fire destroyed it again. have never built it since (i do build flammable buildings in general though). I got a great laugh out of it though.

Its the polluting buildings I dont build early on if I can help it. Hat maker Im looking at you. Actually Im sick of looking at you showing up in my building list all the time.

14. Smikis

Smikis Chieftain

in older svns flammability was " yeh once a 500 turns " now I feel its every 20s turns.. I keep rebuilding and rebuilding , not sure if it was super buffed ( value still same +5) or its just my extreme unluck? which I really doubt ,
    There are some buildings that are already barely adds anything , torches, smoke signals and so on, they give huge minus for very minor buff and if they will burn down every 20 turns.. well its just not worth it

15. code99

code99 Warlord

I can so relate to this. Recently i've been rebuilding stuff over and over and over again. I dont recall it being this frequent in the past ...

16. strategyonly

All of you are correct. Yes it happens a little too often, but its like DH said, in the Preh Era, there just isn't "for the time being" enough events in that Era, the events person is on a long hiatis and really dont know when he will be back (ori).

This is the reason events happen so often, not enough, and WE at C2C are so sorry about this:blush:, BUT we can only do so much, and really our regular plates are really really full.:whew:

And yes it happens to us also, so dont feel left out in the cold, we KNOW about this so called "bug" and are trying to work things out, it will just take alot of TIME!;)

17. JJOne

JJOne Warlord

My complain is the other way round: after my fire pit got burned 3 or 4 times in early prehistoric, I played the whole ancient era and half of classical without one burned building in over 20 cities. In the older cities I have about 100 flammability.

18. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

The event system scales event probability based on the available selection of events that can happen under the current circumstances. IMO that whole mechanism needs to change so that events have an independent firing probability scaled ONLY by game speed and some (possibly BUG-visible) overall multiplier. That way individual event can have their fire rate tuned and adding more events (or subtracting events) won't make any difference (more events defined just adds to the overall number of events that [are likely to] occur, and that's why I'd also add the overall modifier for gross-scale tuning).

19. LeftBower

LeftBower Chieftain

Had the same thing happen to me. First time I was very surprised. It's a hole in the ground with fire? How does that burn down? I guess the fire got out of control, and my people filled the hole to put the fire out rather then let it burn other things.

Agreed. I'd like to be able to turn up the number of events in longer games, so there's not so many turns where I make no decisions.

20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Truer words have never been spoken. Now the question is, who will do this task? Is it something you have on your agenda somewhere, short or long term? Or must this be done in python?