C2C - Flammability

I personally have only seen 1 fire event and I don't even in think its related to yours. It was the Theater Burned down event. Is that linked to your fire events?

nope.

I think that the problem with the Fire events is not that the minimum Flammability thresholds are too high, but that the probability of a Fire event being triggered is too low. Even when my cities have high levels of Flammability, nothing ever seems to happen.

To answer your question, not really, I have only ever had one event involving fire, where my Marketplace burned down. It had almost no impact on my gold reserves at the time to rebuild.

You asked for it :p

I'll just triple their chance now.

Edit: just noticed that one had its chance set to 5 instead of 625 :blush: anyhow later today there will be an update to the svn with tripled chances...

Should we really be changing things this dramatically in a freeze period? Wouldn't it be better to hold off until after the freeze is over and v23 out?

Should we really be changing things this dramatically in a freeze period? Wouldn't it be better to hold off until after the freeze is over and v23 out?

It's the start of the freeze (so still a week of play test), and we know flamability events were basically not happening, so it seems ok to me in this case. Worst case is we find it dramatically effects our play tests this week and we just set them back temporarily until after v23.

not sure how they should be linked to it though - those that exist are quite specific to specific buildings (apart from the fact that there are only those two that I know of - though there may well lurk others, I just don't have an easy way to look through all events that exist) - one could of course add a threshold check for them easily.

Fire event changes:
removed python check for cando event, now uses xml tags for triggering.
HighestFire: requires Flammability of >=200, iWeight 7200
HighFire: requires Flammability of >=150, iWeight 1600
MediumFire: requires Flammability of >=100, iWeight 400
LowFire: requires Flammability of >=50, iWeight 100
LowestFire: requires Flammability of >=25, iWeight 25

Industrial Fire event now requires Flammability of >=100
Cigarette Smoker (Theater) Event now requires Flammability of >=50

They should now actually happen... Please provide Feedback :)

I need more feedback on this - but the last changes I made were after v23 I think.
The problem is getting the thresholds right without actually knowing how flammability is like since I don't have real test cases in terms of where flammability scores are likely to be in various eras, my own games never get very far currently :(

I can give some feedback - I am using SVN from a couple of days ago, and not getting any fire events whatsoever, and never did in previous builds either. Some of my cities have 150 to 200 flammability (early industrial, the cities I refer to have pretty much every +flammability building available, and no -flammability buildings, because most of the -flammability buildings are also -gold, and there's little point in building a -gold building when you don't need to! If stuff starts going up in flames I will worry about the -flammability, -gold line of buildings then, it hasn't happened yet).

Not getting anything at all.

ok 150 to 200 sounds like I got the triggering thresholds about right - actually maybe a tad high - but the chance of them appearing not.
So I'll push the following:
new thresholds for smallest to most devastating fire (was 25/50/100/150/200) now 5/25/50/100/150 chances upped a lot (was 25/100/400/1600/7200) now 200/600/1800/5400/16200. Lets see if some cities burn to the ground now ;)

ok 150 to 200 sounds like I got the triggering thresholds about right - actually maybe a tad high - but the chance of them appearing not.
So I'll push the following:
new thresholds for smallest to most devastating fire (was 25/50/100/150/200) now 5/25/50/100/150 chances upped a lot (was 25/100/400/1600/7200) now 200/600/1800/5400/16200. Lets see if some cities burn to the ground now ;)

The AI effective range settings in the flamability propery defintion XML will need adjustign to match.

So now we have to worry about...
Gold
Science
Production
Crime
Flammability
Culture
And much more to come (hopefully)
Please tell me if I'm missing anything:shifty:

Top Bottom