C2C - Maintenance Adjustments

since the abundant gold has broken revolutions and in turn the game in general.

Hasn't broken my game. In fact I'm in one of the toughest games I've had in a while. It's not the gold, it's how you play.

Never mind, I realize I'm spitting in the wind here. :p

JosEPh :/

How is this coming? What letter are you at now? We should try to get this fixed soon since the abundant gold has broken revolutions and in turn the game in general.

I await Koshling's assistance actually. I've gotten him the spreadsheet mainly just so he could have the format and he's said he'll be working on a tool to auto-derive the rest. Left to do this alone, it'd probably take about 3 months so his offer is exceedingly helpful.

High Crime (+:gold: -:espionage: -Local Instability) <------> Low Crime (-:gold: +:espionage: +Local Instability)

Based on this the easiest thing to implement is the law enforcement buildings. There would be far fewer of these and of those you have they would suck a good portion of the excess gold away. Here is a list of possibly building to apply this to ...

- Chief's Hut
- Town Watch
- Dungeon
- Police Station
- Jail
- Maximum Security Prison
- Insane Asylum
- Intelligence Agency
- Security Bureau
- Security Center

Possibly New Buildings ...

- Stocks
- Gallows
- Guillotine
- Sheriff's Office
- Police Box

You guys have other ideas and/or suggestions on these types of buildings?

Funny you should mention Gallows as I had just thought of that myself last week when I was watching a movie. lol... creates unhappiness but goes a long ways towards controling maintenance.

Great thinking there. I also suggest we consider the other side of the coin. Perhaps a Thieve's Guild is in order during the middle ages? :) (and much much more...)

I'll be working to brainstorm more here with you once I've got what we have currently sorted out.

Good idea about the thieves guild. Aside from the wealthy building being a target for crime we would need a bunch of NIMBY buildings that would cause high crime if the player chose to use them. Some Crime ideas would be ...

- Bandit's Hideout
- Mercenary Camp
- Mercenary Stables
- Poacher's Camp
- Outlaw's Saloon (Re-Named Saloon)

Possible New Buildings ...

- Thieves Guild
- Smuggler's Shanty
- Pirate's Cove
- Rebel's Camp
- Mob Storefront
- Drug Lord's Mansion
- Chop Shop
- Terrorist's Compound

We could also include a leaderhead trait into the mix, something that allows for greater criminality in the empire without it having such an impact. Something like Scoundrel: no maintenance penalty from buildings.

Then there's the equivalent opposite of Ethical: twice the maintenance penalty from buildings but also twice the maintenance bonus from buildings (a player who eliminates crime buildings from their empire would have a powerful benefit from this!)

I await Koshling's assistance actually. I've gotten him the spreadsheet mainly just so he could have the format and he's said he'll be working on a tool to auto-derive the rest. Left to do this alone, it'd probably take about 3 months so his offer is exceedingly helpful.

Any update from Koshling for this?

I think everything is fine but I've had some enormous RL issues - so just... sigh... as usual... bear with me. I'm still working on it. Also thinking I may just want to wait for the next update again. But once I get on it I'll dedicate to completing it. I feel like I keep getting knocked back a step by each update. I'm just not fast enough to keep up because I have so many other things going on as well. But I do try. And I should have some good things happening soon.

hey to make a point that ws made earlier, I really liked the idea of the gold per pop idea. someone mention that is not possible but currently in AND the hospital gives a .1 health per pop, could this code not be converted to the same idea with gold?

UPDATED 2 Aug 11, 4:15 a.m.

Some of the changes include, almost ALL new terrain, water, coastal waves, etc.

Lots of tweaks to the dll, to IMPROVE turn times, and especially the way the AI NOW works, really bug change on that, need info on the way they are working now.

Brand new way of Culture for each and every civ, has there own way of working the situation were they are placed on a map, with the resources that they have in vicinity.

Added Australia to the core mod as an Oceania Culture.

HALF the size of the old mod, which also means again better turn times.

This is only 1/8 of what "we" have done from version 14 to 15

Do I understand it right that v1.5 have already got this changes added? If so I will stop my v1.47 game and start a 1.51 one.

Couple of buildings I noticed seem a bit out of kilter in the latest assets:

Fire Brigade - +15% maintenance for 1 happy, 1 healthy. Seems kinda steep, since mostly your cities are large at this stage of the game, so while the benefits are generally worth an extra population you can support, but 1 extra is far less than a 15% population increase, so in most cases it's a net negative to overall city productivity.

Farm Supply - +10% maintenance for 1 food. Rarely a good deal.

Couple of buildings I noticed seem a bit out of kilter in the latest assets:

Fire Brigade - +15% maintenance for 1 happy, 1 healthy. Seems kinda steep, since mostly your cities are large at this stage of the game, so while the benefits are generally worth an extra population you can support, but 1 extra is far less than a 15% population increase, so in most cases it's a net negative to overall city productivity.

Farm Supply - +10% maintenance for 1 food. Rarely a good deal.

You have to remember these are very old buildings from when Afforess made the Farming mod and Firestorm Mod for me. There was not as much health or food buildings as there are now.

All maintenance stuff will have to be re-looked at. Just too much to work on at the moment. Things like this and Sports mod need to be redone.

Top Bottom