• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

C2C -New Civs Discussion

Hydromancerx

C2C Modder
Since most civ requests were done via PM with strategyonly, I guess there was never a proper thread made for this. This mainly to discuss new civs with AAranda.

My short term goal is to get a civ for every culture we have. Other future goals may be future civs for the Trans-Human and Galactic Eras too. Maybe even Alt-Timeline civs too.

I always wanted to make a next war scenario for C2C, but never really done it. Mainly because the Worldbuilder Saves are a Mess: All fortified units will become active again, properties aren't stored at all etc. But they had 4 Civs: English speaking countries, Southern Hemisphere, Asian Empire and Europe Federation or something like this. The idea of mega-Empire civs is quite interesting since civ games usually end with only 2 or 3 civs at most in the TH era.

Here is a list of our Current Civs ...

Core
Spoiler :
- American
- Arabian
- Assyrian
- Australian
- Aztec
- Babylon
- Byzantium
- Carthage
- Celtic
- China
- Egypt
- England
- Ethiopian
- France
- Germany
- Greek
- Hittites
- Holy Roman
- Inca
- India
- Japan
- Khmer
- Korea
- Mali
- Maya
- Mongol
- Native American
- Netherlands
- Ottoman
- Persian
- Portugal
- Roman
- Russia
- Siam
- Spain
- Sumeria
- Viking
- Zulu

Modular
Spoiler :
- Aborigine
- Ainu
- Amazons
- Anasazi
- Apache
- Argentina
- Armenia
- Brazil
- Canada
- Cherokee
- Chile
- Chippewa
- Comanche
- Confederacy
- Congo
- Croatia
- Cuba
- Denmark
- Goth
- Great Plains
- Huns
- Iroquois
- Israel
- Italy
- Jivaro
- Lower Sioux
- Malagasy
- Manchuria
- Maori
- Mexico
- Minoans
- Navajo
- Nazca
- Olmec
- Outlaws
- Paleo Indians
- Philippines
- Phoenician
- Picts
- Pirates
- Poland
- Polynesian
- Slovakia
- Tibet
- Tillikum
- Tupi
- Upaajut
- Venezuela
- Vietnam
- Xiongnu
- Yangshao
- Zapotec

Hidden
Spoiler :
- African
- Asian
- European
- Middle Eastern
- North American
- Oceanian
- South American

New
Spoiler :
- Ainu
- Neanderthal

Sweden i'm missing both in Cultures and Civ's it used to be a European Power from the 30 year War till their crushing defeat on the hands of Peter I The Great of Russia at Poltava (27th of June 1709)

their Karolinger Soldiers where the Best of their time ;)

the Period of Sweden i Highlighted was the Main reason i was Suprised it was overlooked, i mean the Vikings where Renown, But the Swedish Empire was at that point on it's Glory days

their Karolinger Soldiers where the Best of their time ;)

I'm just curious - do you have a link describing them?

When I Google all the links relate to Germany or the Franks...

As far as i can see, the idea is adding tons of civs to c2c, providing depth and geographical history as much as possible

This process could be better handled if work through areas, let´s say continents, and we start with older civs and walk over to the future untill our days ... then we move to another area and start the process again
Per example, i´ll take iberian peninsule as area, and walking throught a historical atlas we should have something like that:
Neanderthal - Tartessos - Hispania - Lusitania - Visigoths - Al-Andalus - Habsburghs empire - Portugal - Spain
... of course, it would be better to use all Europe or any other continent, but notice that this makes 9 civs just in a little area

That way, you can discuss more specifically and you will cover all masslands.
This was mi idea of civs for RoM, and what we almost complete for American continent

Working modules and without UU and UB is quite easy and fast to make civs, plus if we get flags, simbols and ideas through discussion

As far as i can see, the idea is adding tons of civs to c2c, providing depth and geographical history as much as possible

This process could be better handled if work through areas, let´s say continents, and we start with older civs and walk over to the future untill our days ... then we move to another area and start the process again
Per example, i´ll take iberian peninsule as area, and walking throught a historical atlas we should have something like that:
Neanderthal - Tartessos - Hispania - Lusitania - Visigoths - Al-Andalus - Habsburghs empire - Portugal - Spain
... of course, it would be better to use all Europe or any other continent, but notice that this makes 9 civs just in a little area

What about Leon, Castile, Aragon, Navarre, the Basque civ and Catalunya? :D

That way, you can discuss more specifically and you will cover all masslands.
This was mi idea of civs for RoM, and what we almost complete for American continent

Working modules and without UU and UB is quite easy and fast to make civs, plus if we get flags, symbols and ideas through discussion

I like this idea, because of the UPCOMING "Nomad" stuff, this should fit right in then.

AAranda, Make sure YOU look at the Single Player bug thread, lots of errors in the Neanderthal Civ.

Faustmouse, it nice IF we have different looking units for each, but if they were the same, i am with you. But since we have a "re-skinner" things should be alot better now.

Faustmouse, it nice IF we have different looking units for each, but if they were the same, i am with you. But since we have a "re-skinner" things should be alot better now.

This take years! 6th continets take me almost half of the year and they still dont playable
:)

Also, I think this will fully overkill the game with all those graphics in it's memory :crazyeye: Ethnic groups is awesome! But It doesn't need to go further down.

Realism Invictus mod is more detailed then C2C will be after Ethnic Diveristy but they have 1/5 a lot less units.

What I want to do is to create different skins only for combat units (maybe not for all) to add little more depth. Civilian units and special (criminal, hunters, police, medics etc) will be the same for ethnic group. Still not for all civilizations for sure but for smaller groups (like Indo-Persian civilizations for example).

@Yudish http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caroleans or other wise called Karoliner, Sorry a G snuck in my writing ;)

They where mostly Renown for their morale and just unwavering Spirit, they walked till they see the Whites in the eyes of their Foe And then Shoot, Quite unnerving having a Swedish army not giving a damn that you are shooting at it and is just marching on and on and on

there is also a Song by Sabaton about them (for the people who like metal ;) )

An building or Narional wonder or atleast a fun fact is that sweden had the worlds first state bank. There is alot of things like that about every country.

I don´t need any building or (like the gentlemen above wrote) a special unit just a cool flag and a name ;)

Top Bottom