C2C - Space Terrain

Gah! Some of them had those names (one anyway) but I changed them because Hydro used those names. Bah Humbug.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I say keep those names, it make the moon sound more exotic and "alien" and it is the scientific term. What we call a desert isnt a desert on the moon. Earth geology is way different than lunar geology lol!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I say keep those names, it make the moon sound more exotic and "alien" and it is the scientific term. What we call a desert isnt a desert on the moon. Earth geology is way different than lunar geology lol!

We still need to keep them all even the Lunar Dunes/Ridges one because that is the name we will be using to place the features and resources on.

Edit I think I may have figured out why the dunes one is not working at all. It used the default coast textures and C2C no longer has those. => I will have to copy them from Song of the Moon and rename them. ;)

@MrAzure

Thanks for the buttons. Saves me some work.

@Dancing Hoskuld
Please keep the names I gave them so they match the Earth terrains. I already changed their named from the Song of the Moon 2 names.

SotM2/Hydro/MrAzure
White Dust / Lunar Dunes / Lunar Ridges
Bare Rock / Lunar Barren / Lunar Regolith
Mara Basalt / Lunar Basalt / Lunar Basalts
Dust Plains / Lunar Plains / Lunar Maria
Rugged / Lunar Rocky / Lunar Highlands
Dust Waste / Lunar Desert / Lunar Rilles

On reason I don't like MrAzure's is the fact all these can be given hills so Lunar Highlands or Lunar Ridges makes no sense without hills.

EDIT: It also helps keep track of the terrain types ...

Earth/Moon/Mars
Salt Flats / - / -
Dunes / Lunar Dunes / Martian Dunes
Desert / Lunar Desert / Martian Desert
Scrub / - / - /
Rocky / Lunar Rocky / Martian Rocky
- / Lunar Basalt / -
Barren / Lunar Barren / Martian Barren
Plains / Lunar Plains / Martian Plains
Grassland / - / -
Lush / - / -
Muddy / - / -
Marsh / - / -
Tundra / - / -
Permafrost / - / Martian Permafrost
Ice / - / Martian Ice
Peak / Lunar Peak / Martian Peak

@MrAzure

Thanks for the buttons. Saves me some work.

@Dancing Hoskuld
Please keep the names I gave them so they match the Earth terrains. I already changed their named from the Song of the Moon 2 names.

SotM2/Hydro/MrAzure
White Dust / Lunar Dunes / Lunar Ridges
Bare Rock / Lunar Barren / Lunar Regolith
Mara Basalt / Lunar Basalt / Lunar Basalts
Dust Plains / Lunar Plains / Lunar Maria
Rugged / Lunar Rocky / Lunar Highlands
Dust Waste / Lunar Desert / Lunar Rilles

On reason I don't like MrAzure's is the fact all these can be given hills so Lunar Highlands or Lunar Ridges makes no sense without hills.

Hmmmmmm..I actually like the Hydro line the best, its simple and the most recognizable and u can mod it around with it more.

By the way are we going to be adding units from song of the moon 2?

To late I have renamed them and I am not going back! Also desert means no rain which does not happen on any terrain on the moon and dunes imply wind or sea.

I was wrong about the dunes/Ridges problem:( They are about to go up on the SVN as is. Then I can look at them again later.

cool...looks like space terrain is gonna come soon

To late I have renamed them and I am not going back! Also desert means no rain which does not happen on any terrain on the moon and dunes imply wind or sea.

I was wrong about the dunes/Ridges problem:( They are about to go up on the SVN as is. Then I can look at them again later.

Pleeeese! Please name the the way i had them and not MrAzure's way. Even he agrees with me now. Plus no offense to MrAzure, but you are always complaining about me doing things out of compulsion and now you change to his.

Even if you don't chnage it yourself I will go in there and chnage them myself on the SVN. :p I did not plan them all out to have them changed at the last second.

Sorry if I sound like controlling perfectionist but this one was kind of important to me. Even the names.

@ hydro
@ DH

OH MY! you guys should take a look at this ASAP!

It includes scripts for 5 different kinds of planets by themselves or with an Earthlike planet nearby in space, for a 5 planet solar system including an earthlike start planet, for a solar system with only hostile non-earthlike planets, for a map with Earth, Mars, and Luna, and for two different kinds of extraterrestrial planets with both habitable and hostile regions. Works on most regular maps too, though Earth2 has been reported to have problems. You must have BtS installed, patched to the relevant version, with all the mods that came with it.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7849141&postcount=3

Future mod has solar systems, new textures for moons! And best of all its for bTS 3.19

Yes I know. That's why I want to try to use their map scripts.

:crazyeye: You are diving me crazy MrAzure.:splat: :pat:

im starting to think you are so far ahead of schedule and have a master plan for space terrains already lol :lol::lol::lol:

Pleeeese! Please name the the way i had them and not MrAzure's way. Even he agrees with me now. Plus no offense to MrAzure, but you are always complaining about me doing things out of compulsion and now you change to his.

Even if you don't chnage it yourself I will go in there and chnage them myself on the SVN. :p I did not plan them all out to have them changed at the last second.

Sorry if I sound like controlling perfectionist but this one was kind of important to me. Even the names.

Since it is only text I have no problem with you doing that. However it will make maintenance harder.

You mean the tags are "MrAzure" style? Grrr. :mad:

I specifically named them so they would have easy to track tags. [pissed]

I had to rename everything anyway, so I went my way which just happened to be MrAzure style. You did not specify what you wanted with the tags. Normally you don't care.

I had to rename everything anyway, so I went my way which just happened to be MrAzure style. You did not specify what you wanted with the tags. Normally you don't care.

That's true that I normally do not care, however I did not think you would chnage them on me either.

How many files do I need to edit to fix the tags? I will do them if I must.

Note that I would like the Martian terrains with the correct names. Just stating that now in case you guys feel the urge to chnage them.

That's true that I normally do not care, however I did not think you would chnage them on me either.

How many files do I need to edit to fix the tags? I will do them if I must.

Note that I would like the Martian terrains with the correct names. Just stating that now in case you guys feel the urge to chnage them.

I had to change them because in SoM the TERRAIN_LUNAR_PLAINS tag was just TERRAIN_PLAINS which would have confilcted with our TERRAIN_PLAINS for Earth.

It took me about an hour to do the changes. If you insist I could do them back but I strongly protest having dunes and desert on the moon. Almost but not quite enough for me to take my computer and go back to my own mod.

By the way I need buttons for the mars terrains and probably information on what terrains the lunar features and resources can go. The resources are almost ready but I have not started the features yet.

Too late. I have already edited CIV4TerrainInfos.xml, C2C_Terrain_Addons_CIV4GameText.xml and CIV4ArtDefines.xml and changed their main tags. I did not chnage any graphics names, nor did I change the pedia text (besides the main name).

Thus things like TERRAIN_LUNAR_RILLES is now TERRAIN_LUNAR_DESERT.

Where are the buttons for mars terrain and where (lunar terrains) do you want the lunar features and resources to occur?

Edit Craters are ready to go. Once I know where they can go SoM had them in the Ocean (Desert?) and Coast (Dunes) - the latter is still not working :(

BtW in your spec all the movements are negative but in the XML they are all positive. Positive means slower, so negative means faster is that what you want.

Attachments

• lunar craters.jpg
    lunar craters.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 138
Ok the changed the names and tags of the Lunar terrains on the SVN. Double check to make sure I did not break anything.

Where are the buttons for mars terrain and where (lunar terrains) do you want the lunar features and resources to occur?

Here are the Martian terrain icon/buttons.

I will make a full list of features and resources soon.

Edit Craters are ready to go. Once I know where they can go SoM had them in the Ocean (Desert?) and Coast (Dunes) - the latter is still not working :(

You should not be using the ocean/coast moon terrains. Only land terrains. Same goes for the Martian ones when you get to those. I made sure I picked ones that were land and not oceans/costs made to look like land.

BtW in your spec all the movements are negative but in the XML they are all positive. Positive means slower, so negative means faster is that what you want.

They -4 means takes 4 slower. So I guess invert all my speeds. For instance Lunar Dunes is a -4 so it should be extremely slow to cross. While Lunar plains is a 0 and it should have no penalty to cross.

Top Bottom