C2C SVN Changelog

Got a "Wait for other civilization" hanging at rev.2140
Here the save
Thank you
Keep up good work

I can't reproduce this. I assume this was an autosave (?) since it loads right into AI civs moving (which autosaves currently do). When that completes I have one unit that needs orders (injured spearman) so I just told it to heal and hit end turn. The turn then completed normally.

Can you tell me what actions you are taking from the load position before hitting end turn and getting a WFoC? (I assume it reproduces for you from this save?)

@SO/AIAndy/whoever is good at making icons: I noice that in the latest SVN the flammability and crime filter icons in the city screen are still using the production (pickaxe) icon. It would be a shame to release v22 with this flaw - nobody found any more suitable icons yet?

Yeah I should be able to make some icons for them. The only thing is I havn't dealt with that button set, so if anyone knows 1. what thier sizes are 2. where they are loacted in the file. Otherwise I have a lot of random seaching thru the FKPs to find out....

Yeah I should be able to make some icons for them. The only thing is I havn't dealt with that button set, so if anyone knows 1. what thier sizes are 2. where they are loacted in the file. Otherwise I have a lot of random seaching thru the FKPs to find out....
In this case just add new icons and I will link them in the code at the right place.
Currently they are just a random assortment of button reuse.

I hope this is the right thread to raise a couple of (ok, a few!) queries:

As it has been dry here for a few days and my internet connection has been stable (water leaks into the underground cabling so my connection is unreliable in damp/wet weather) I FINALLY got onto the SVN and downloaded everything and set it up to use the SVN version to play the mod!

My questions:
1. since getting the SVN version, every time I start up BTS, even vanilla BTS with no mod loaded, it defaults to the lowest settings - graphics settings, mono audio, no on-screen clock, and low screen resolution. EVERY time. I usually play in 1920x1080 on high settings, and the game does now not remember those settings when it used to - is there any way to fix this? Did I do something wrong during setting it up?

2. I have a select few build queues set up that carry across games - by using ctrl + #key in the city screen to save a build queue, and they have all been wiped. Typically I have "primitive city production and food build queue", "castle addons build queue", "startup settler pack build queue" saved etc - previously when I have upgraded my official release version there may be differences in the saved queues due to building requirements changing or new buildings/units being added, but this time they have been wiped completely! - Is this something that will happen every time I update my version via SVN?

3. How do I get the long wonder videos?

Many thanks :)

I'm having and issue with latest svn as of 3.27.2012.

Im trying to play on snail speed but my workers build farms in 1 turn, factories in 2, mines in 4 and so on, like its on normal or higher speed. My city also, most of the buildings i can build em in 1 day ... wonders (depending on wonders) goes from 10 to 40 turns, nowhere like snail is supposed to be.

Ive tried marathon aswell , same story which makes the game unplayable for me (i cant play on standard or other fast options, too fast for my taste, only marathon and lower)

ideas ?

EDIT: I just realised there is a bug/crashes forum ?! lol i didnt see it till now. If im reporting an issue bout svn am i supposed to post there ? (sry for wrong thread if yes :))

I hope this is the right thread to raise a couple of (ok, a few!) queries:

As it has been dry here for a few days and my internet connection has been stable (water leaks into the underground cabling so my connection is unreliable in damp/wet weather) I FINALLY got onto the SVN and downloaded everything and set it up to use the SVN version to play the mod!

My questions:
1. since getting the SVN version, every time I start up BTS, even vanilla BTS with no mod loaded, it defaults to the lowest settings - graphics settings, mono audio, no on-screen clock, and low screen resolution. EVERY time. I usually play in 1920x1080 on high settings, and the game does now not remember those settings when it used to - is there any way to fix this? Did I do something wrong during setting it up?

2. I have a select few build queues set up that carry across games - by using ctrl + #key in the city screen to save a build queue, and they have all been wiped. Typically I have "primitive city production and food build queue", "castle addons build queue", "startup settler pack build queue" saved etc - previously when I have upgraded my official release version there may be differences in the saved queues due to building requirements changing or new buildings/units being added, but this time they have been wiped completely! - Is this something that will happen every time I update my version via SVN?

3. How do I get the long wonder videos?

Many thanks :)

1 & 2 Are you playing with a copy of your copy of the SVN? You should end up with two copies of C2C one which is the SVN which you update and another which is your playing mod. You need to copy changes from the SVN to your play version. Otherwise your personal settings (ctrl-1 etc) and graphics settings will not be saved.

3. If you "go up one level" in the SVN you will find along movie SVN, it is not complete but has many f the movies. I got side tracked :( Mostly I just eed to make sue that there are short movies for the ones with only long movies and that they have the same names. If that was not a good enough explaination, I will try again. I need to get that sort of thing in the "Players Documentation". Which I did update recently. Also I think SO will be releasing a download for it this release.

In this case just add new icons and I will link them in the code at the right place.
Currently they are just a random assortment of button reuse.

Alright, I'll make some buttons for them tonight, as far as I can guess, they look to be about 16x16 pixels...if they don't work... well then that was wrong lol.

1 & 2 Are you playing with a copy of your copy of the SVN? You should end up with two copies of C2C one which is the SVN which you update and another which is your playing mod. You need to copy changes from the SVN to your play version. Otherwise your personal settings (ctrl-1 etc) and graphics settings will not be saved.

Yes I have one folder into which the files are downloaded from SVN which is completely separate from my CIV4/BTS install. I then exported the files to a secondary location in a new folder so that I could check it looked OK (in terms of directory structure, no odd looking files etc., and also made a couple of my usual tweaks to spawn rates in the A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines file) before copying that second folder into my BTS Mods location and renaming the copied folder Caveman2Cosmos, I made sure to delete any previous folders with that name in my Mods directory beforehand so that I didn't end up merging any folders in error.

I did have a bit of a pause when following the instructions at the start of this thread, because after I had downloaded the SVN files and came to export them, the context menu (upon right-click and drag to destination folder for export) gave options that were worded differently than in the instructions - I had a choice between: "SVN Export versioned items here" and "SVN Export all items here", I went for the "versioned items" option, was that incorrect? *Edit to add, because I had to double-check, I am using Tortoise v 1.7.6, for 64 bit OS, using 64 bit Win7.*

3. If you "go up one level" in the SVN you will find along movie SVN, it is not complete but has many f the movies. I got side tracked :( Mostly I just eed to make sue that there are short movies for the ones with only long movies and that they have the same names. If that was not a good enough explaination, I will try again. I need to get that sort of thing in the "Players Documentation". Which I did update recently. Also I think SO will be releasing a download for it this release.

Thanks for that, I love the wonder movies and had a bit of a pout when some of the ones I had grown to know and love were removed from the official release between v20 and v21, as long as I can get them back I am happy :D

ADDED
-Made buttons for show crime buildings & show fire buildings
-Both On and Off versions, with highlights to show the selected.

NOTE
I couldn't find where these go, or where they are named in the XML files. I couldn't even find the others to confirm their dimensions. (but I guess good)
-I put them in the Assets/Art/ folders.
Please put them in and try them out, PM me if they don't show up correctly or badly, since I didn't get to test them, its a shot in the dark whether they will look like crap or if the dimensions are right. :(

ADDED
-Made buttons for show crime buildings & show fire buildings
-Both On and Off versions, with highlights to show the selected.

NOTE
I couldn't find where these go, or where they are named in the XML files. I couldn't even find the others to confirm their dimensions. (but I guess good)
-I put them in the Assets/Art/ folders.
Please put them in and try them out, PM me if they don't show up correctly or badly, since I didn't get to test them, its a shot in the dark whether they will look like crap or if the dimensions are right. :(

Hydro aren't these your modules?? If so i need them in there by tomorrow, before i can get working on the next version, thx. That goes for anyone else thats needs to get things done also, if not let me know, via PM.

Hydro aren't these your modules?? If so i need them in there by tomorrow, before i can get working on the next version, thx. That goes for anyone else thats needs to get things done also, if not let me know, via PM.

Which ones? I thought he made the stuff for the little icons that show in the city menu.

Which ones? I thought he made the stuff for the little icons that show in the city menu.

As in my post, I couldn't find the XML for them, or the proper place. So the icons are in the Art folder, but have not been tested, and aren't implemented in the XML. In other words, they are useless atm. ;)

PS. thanks for the water cistern fix, was wondering wth was going on with the resovior. :D

As in my post, I couldn't find the XML for them, or the proper place. So the icons are in the Art folder, but have not been tested, and aren't implemented in the XML. In other words, they are useless atm. ;)

PS. thanks for the water cistern fix, was wondering wth was going on with the resovior. :D
There is no XML for them and there does not need to be. I will add them to the Python code later today.

Check them out, they are referenced from the Python code now.
In general the current filter buttons do not fit to the border that is automatically added by the multi button list widget.

Just pushed to SVN (last changes from me for v22):
  • Corrected disabled buildings (like slave market when you are not running slavery) popping back into cities on modifier recalc
  • Enhanced save format slightly to allow save to remain compatible across changes to MAX_TRADE_ROUTES global define

Top Bottom