C2C SVN Changelog

• Made Bahai religion fully modular and hence optional

• Added the modern religion Cao Dai but turned off.

It is also fully modular but needs some more work. It is currently reusing the Taoist missionary and its building and unit buttons look like the Taoist ones.

• Update Unit Schema files

• Big Cat Trainer no longer goes obsolete

• Remove remaining surplus Art Defines schema files

• Fix some missing schema files eg Vienna Congress files were pointing to schema files not in C2C at all. Perhaps it will now work:dunno:

• Update GameInfo schema files

• Remove some more surplus Art Defines schema files. Hopefully I caught them all this time

• Rudolphine Tables now require Observatories not Astrology School

• Added concept pages for Auto buildings and Housing. No real text yet. If someone wants to add some go for it.

(9255) Try starting a game on immortal difficulty with Ragnar of Scandinavia. From my experience, there was nothing I could do to keep the rebelliousness at bay. The earliest law enforcement units (watchers?) do not have the Policing(?) promotion that lowers local rebelliousness. I even tried bribing the rebels, but they were back to rebelling the turn after the next. As it stands, the rebellion system might need some tweaking. The same thing (uncontrollable rebelling) happened with the hittites, only a bit later in the game. Maybe their leader isn't as oppressive at Ragnak, I didn't compare their traits yet.

(9255) Try starting a game on immortal difficulty with Ragnar of Scandinavia. From my experience, there was nothing I could do to keep the rebelliousness at bay. The earliest law enforcement units (watchers?) do not have the Policing(?) promotion that lowers local rebelliousness. I even tried bribing the rebels, but they were back to rebelling the turn after the next. As it stands, the rebellion system might need some tweaking. The same thing (uncontrollable rebelling) happened with the hittites, only a bit later in the game. Maybe their leader isn't as oppressive at Ragnak, I didn't compare their traits yet.

Please post this in the Bug thread. This Thread is for the Modding Team to post changes and details if needed. Thank you. :)

JosEPh

Game Speeds and Option Upscaled Unit and Building Cost 1st rebalancing commit.
See corresponding Thread for more details.

2nd adjustment to research rates for all GS

JosEPh

• Druidic Traditions is now fully optional

There may be a problem with Human Sacrifice not giving small golden ages when you sacrifice a captive in a city with a Druidic Monastery.
  • Jainism is now fully optional

Tweak to Game Speed Normal research rate.

Another research rate adjustment for Snail, Eon, and Eternity GS.

Further GS research rate adjustments for Snail, Eon, and Eternity

• Adds TAG_COASTAL

• Debugs an infinite hang in unit ai ( http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=14237975&postcount=2030 ) NOTE: To get this game running properly required two fixes. One repairs the game when you run the debug dll with it for a round. Thereafter, the game can be saved and the regular dll returned to use for faster processing. The other fix is simply taken care of in the coding.

• Corrects the calculation bug with extra costs from units. There have been multiple reports on this in various forms, as the bug has some variations. This is the post I evaluated from: ( http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=14238064&postcount=2031 ) What was happening: There is a new tag for extra cost adjustment which goes on unitcombats and promos. The intention is to be a % modifier to unit costs, including extra costs. When applied to extra costs it was not a % modifier and when not on Size Matters, the calculation was negating the extra costs on all units with a multiplication by 0. When on Size Matters, the size category unitcombats were giving most all units a non-0 number to multiply by and in the case of the above report, it was making many units cost less than 0 extra gold, which had the odd effect of allowing many units to reduce the expense on the treasury, and once removed, would actually leave the total support cost increased. This bugfix may change the overall perspective on our gold income significantly with developed games. Probably for the better.

@Joe: can you look into something for me? I noticed that when I start a deity level game, there's so much unhappiness right at the start that the first population cannot work the land at all. I think it must only be applicable to deity. I don't know how others feel about this but I'm thinking it's a little much. Even on the edge of an excess unhappiness is a little better than that because at least it gives you good cause to care to keep crime out right away so as to avoid the first point of unhappiness that will eat you alive if you allow it to exist. I'm not sure how we can resolve this one point or what the best way would be but I think it's civic changes that opened us up to it. Not entirely sure... maybe it was a trait the leader had or something. It was a default game setup just to get in and test something else.

I thought looking into this would be up your alley.

Okay.

EDIT: The 1st Civic set gives a total of 7 :yuck:. Society add 2, Economy adds 2 and garbage adds 3.
All Game Difficulty Levels from Noble thru Deity add 2 :health:.
All Game Difficulty levels scale the amount of Crime at game start from Settler having 1 up to Deity having 5, these are done in 1/2 step increments. But the question that comes to mind is, Does the Property System round up or down when you have a 3/2 step, or a 9/2 step, and X/2 steps in between?

And finally what you considered a Default game set up, is that the Play Now set up? If so that set up IMHPO stinks.

If I get a chance today( been sick the last 72 hours) I will start a deity game to see what you are saying.

EDIT2: Started a deity game on marathon, PM map and have had no trouble using 1st citizen. Used my normal set up which excludes leader traits. Will next try a Play Now.

9265 Snail Research Rate adjustment, fine tuning.

JosEPh

@Joe: can you look into something for me? I noticed that when I start a deity level game, there's so much unhappiness right at the start that the first population cannot work the land at all. I think it must only be applicable to deity. I don't know how others feel about this but I'm thinking it's a little much. Even on the edge of an excess unhappiness is a little better than that because at least it gives you good cause to care to keep crime out right away so as to avoid the first point of unhappiness that will eat you alive if you allow it to exist. I'm not sure how we can resolve this one point or what the best way would be but I think it's civic changes that opened us up to it. Not entirely sure... maybe it was a trait the leader had or something. It was a default game setup just to get in and test something else.

I thought looking into this would be up your alley.
I saw this happen once on Prince level. The worst leader is Willem van Oranje from this point of view, who can have 5 unhappiness if the Developing Leaders option is off. 2 for the Financial trait an 3 for the Revolutionary trait. There are other leaders who can have 3 unhappiness because of their traits.

Perhaps those trait malus should be tempered? Perhaps 1pt sick/unhappy per pop to a maximum of what they currently are set at?

EDIT: The 1st Civic set gives a total of 7 :yuck:. Society add 2, Economy adds 2 and garbage adds 3.
All Game Difficulty Levels from Noble thru Deity add 2 :health:.
We're looking at happiness here... health is probably right since we want a deficit to overcome at game start.

All Game Difficulty levels scale the amount of Crime at game start from Settler having 1 up to Deity having 5, these are done in 1/2 step increments. But the question that comes to mind is, Does the Property System round up or down when you have a 3/2 step, or a 9/2 step, and X/2 steps in between?
I think it rounds down as that's how code would naturally work unless you went out of the way to change it.

And finally what you considered a Default game set up, is that the Play Now set up? If so that set up IMHPO stinks.
I don't know what I had selected. I didn't take time to make selections so they might've been my normal default. Dunno. Used to be that the first civics would keep unhappiness from being an issue at game start since the capital couldn't be unhappy.

I saw this happen once on Prince level. The worst leader is Willem van Oranje from this point of view, who can have 5 unhappiness if the Developing Leaders option is off. 2 for the Financial trait an 3 for the Revolutionary trait. There are other leaders who can have 3 unhappiness because of their traits.
Ah... probably been this way for a long while and wasn't noticed due to the starting civic issue.

Perhaps those trait malus should be tempered? Perhaps 1pt sick/unhappy per pop to a maximum of what they currently are set at?
If we're going to keep the ability for the capital to become unhappy with the current civic arrangement then yeah, that'll need to be addressed. Question becomes... by how much?

Well that's what you get (me looking at :yuck:) instead of :) when you have a 64 yr old nimwit running a 101+*F temp and trying to do Modding research!

But still in that test game I had on problem with unhappiness either. So it probably is a combo of leader traits like Usul13 said.

Have I said I "hate" diverticulitis lately? If not I'll say so now. I Hate diverticulitis! And to make matters worse the Wife has a severe sinus infection and running a 102.5*F temp as well. So coherency is probably not my strong suit right now. :p

JosEPh

• Finish the free buildings with technology, replacing the code that built the buildings when settling a city with a Colonist or Pioneer. That code only worked for human players not for AI.

• Added bamboo, jungle and ancient forest to the forest worker promotions.

@Team Members,
Is anyone else having problems with SVN today?
Can't commit, get error msg: Cannot begin a transaction

EDIT: Problem found: Sourceforge Website is down ATM.

-- Research rate adjustments for All GS
--CultureLevel adjustments to scale with New GS
--Upscaled Costs Option re-enabled for use

Revert some changes to Military Civics Tribal Warfare and Banditry

Revert CulturalLevelInfos Poor changes.

Revert CulturalLevelInfos Poor changes.

You should reread what was actually said and see the difference between what was said and what you heard. You're looking at things too emotionally.

• Adjustment to canKeepPromotion that allows free promos to obsolete due to unitcombat and domain changes.
  • Fixes the ability of HN units to ignore minimum defense to attack city.

• Fixes a number of reported crashes by disabling more combat graphics for now. (Only with Air units)
  • Fixes a hang found in the routine that sends a group of units to the closest city to upgrade.
  • Fixes a bug in first to tech benefits where some NPCs were already given the tech so was denying actual players the opportunity to get the benefit when they earn the tech first.
  • A couple of other very minor debugs
  • Adjusts the criminal spawning mechanism. Confirmed that you cannot spawn a criminal without having positive crime and made it less likely for each criminal already in the city. 10 or more criminals in the city and it becomes completely impossible to spawn more.

SVN 9272

Revert All Rev modifications to CivicInfos back to V36 Official release values.

• Fixes a caching in CvPlot::getBestDefender that had been disabled as a temporary bugfix - resolves a major cause of slowdown.

• Fixes a few issues with Wanted Promotions.

Top Bottom