C2C SVN Changelog

• Fixes the ability of a unit that cannot attack to move onto plots with enemy units that cannot attack
  • Fixes the costs of settler units (you need to recalculate to get this to work, which is also a new feature, that a recalculation can correct settler unit costs.)
  • Adds scaling to a diplomacy feature.
  • Reduced production costs on all settings by 10%

@Toffer - are we going to go ahead and take out all map size modifiers to tech and production costs? I didn't on this commit but if you want to, I'm all for it now.

• Made all hunter type cultural units have the national limit of 5 like the ordinary hunter units have.
Cree trackers are not only quite strong for their early accessibility in the tech tree, but the fact that you can build 15 of them means you can do a game breaking amount of hunting. Especially that they are almost untouchable in the early game and are sometimes able to take out competing "normal" trackers.

I suggest limiting them to 5 max. A limit that I will impose on myself voluntarily in my newest Nightmare balance test game, or it will be pointless for comparison.
  • A small change to the unorganized labour civic.

Last edited:

• Reverted a recent change in CvUnit::move which caused problems with the movement costs.
  • Fixed the schema references in Concrete_CIV4GameText.xml, LeadGlass_CIV4GameText.xml and MPromo_CIV4GameText.xml.
  • Readded some headers to the CvGameCoreDLL.h to speed up the dll compilation.
  • At the start of the game spawns now start a few turns delayed. The number of turns scales with the selected gamespeed.

Spawn start a few turns delayed using this code.
Code:
    if (getElapsedGameTurns() > GC.getGameSpeedInfo(getGameSpeedType()).getGameTurnInfo(getStartEra()).iNumGameTurnsPerIncrement/80)

With the current gamespeed settings this means on Blitz spawns start 1 turn delayed and on Eternity they start 12 turns delayed.

• Adressed unhappiness issue in the very beginning of the game on deity and nightmare difficulty.
  • Tweaked calendar so that the year 10 000 BC should coincide better with when players reach sedentary lifestyle tech.
  • Reduced animal spawn by roughly 10%; it was just too much on all of the 4 fastest gamespeeds.
  • Tweaked initial maintenance cost from civics so that you don't have to lose 1 gold per turn on nightmare difficulty in the very beginning of the game.
  • Tweaked how often barb cities spawn based on difficulty. Less difference between the diffs, and less frequent on the harder difficulty than what it was.
  • Tweaked education property modifier from difficulty level.
    • Deity is now back to the same education value as it always used to be.
    • Nightmare is a bit easier than it used to be (regarding education property)
    • All other difficulties are a bit harder than they used to be. (regarding education property)
  • Reduced number of free units per population in your nation, was way too high, so high that advanced games had 0 unit maintenance expenses.
    • Should have little to no effect on prehistoric era balance as you don't have enough population for this to give any free units.
  • Increased civic upkeep cost from difficulties. Civic cost is now aligned with unit cost modifier from handicap level.
  • Organized xml a bit with comments.
  • Upped the max maintenance amount per difficulty.

Last edited:
  • Fixed the schema references in Concrete_CIV4GameText.xml, LeadGlass_CIV4GameText.xml and MPromo_CIV4GameText.xml.
Sorry, my fault. I knew there was something I missed. Unfortunately the Validate program is telling me that all the text files are wrong as are most of the files in the GameInfos folder. The latter may be a problem with the schema, I have not had chance to check it yet.

• Should solve the majority of overflows in tech cost calculations. More needs to be done to support the later game.
  • Mostly corrects the situation with non-stack attack stacks being put to sleep and deselected after making an attack. However, now you don't lose focus on them even if they have all moved. I MAY be able to solve that but I wanted to lock this down with a commit first.
  • Removes the ability for stealth type units, naval and air units, to take force march statuses.

• Reworked CvPlot::movementCost and added extra movement from crossing a river controlled by RIVER_EXTRA_MOVEMENT.
  • Set RIVER_EXTRA_MOVEMENT to 3.
  • Increased PEAK_EXTRA_MOVEMENT to 3 bacause it was only set to 1 and thats the same as it is for hills.
  • Fixed an error in CvUnit::resolveCombat.

• Reduce or Remove Inflation from Currency Civics; Metal, Coinage, and Bank Note. Also reduced Num City and Dist Palace maint Modifiers for same Civics. Run away Inflation curbing.

• Reworked CvPlot::movementCost and added extra movement from crossing a river controlled by RIVER_EXTRA_MOVEMENT.
  • Set RIVER_EXTRA_MOVEMENT to 3.
  • Increased PEAK_EXTRA_MOVEMENT to 3 bacause it was only set to 1 and thats the same as it is for hills.
  • Fixed an error in CvUnit::resolveCombat.
I have ask what the intention is for River to cost 3 movement points to cross? 2 pts has been the norm for BtS and most Mods.

• Some corrections to anarchy calculations

I know we're waiting on some even more pressing fixes but before I start getting into them I figured I'd lock down the simple stuff first.

• Added German translations for the last start civics
  • Corrected a inconsistency in translations (Gesellschaftsform/Staatsform/Regierungsform)

• More Corrections to movement and attack rules.

As stated in the bug thread, I know of one more oddity to resolve in ambushes. But this should pretty much solve for what seemed earlier to be the unsolvable matter of losing focus on the group after attack/move or not in inappropriate manners.

• Adjust Inflation rate for Blitz.
  • Adjust AIWeight for all properties But education. Bring AIWeights to scale with Education's weight

For some reason Unit Combats have been missing from the MovementCharacteristicsHash calculation then loading a saved game. This could have caused some issues with AI unit movement if units had Unit Combats with effects on the movement costs.

• Corrects promotion loss situation when the promotion is defined as free from a trait you don't have. Now losing a trait will only remove the promotions it specifically added for free to the unit(s) you have. While this can cause the need to retrain promos reliant on that promotion, at least it's not an automatic loss for no reason now.

Wow... this is the last revision to have 4 digits. I'm expecting balloons to pop out of a hidden overhead panel and a party to erupt when the next commit comes in.

Top Bottom