1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

C2C SVN Changelog

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Jul 4, 2011.

1. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

• Adjust NM Deity AI units for game start. Now has 10 defenders, 4 workers and 4 explorer type units. For SO.

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

• A fix to the production and tech cost calculations to account for the limitations of an unsigned variable being in use there to textend the maximum value range during the calculation.

3. dsma_bell

dsma_bell Chieftain

• German translations for some advisor and pedia elements + some minor translation corrections

4. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

• Reimplemented the free techs AI and human player get for difficulties other than Noble.
      • No other way to allow players to start with wanderer and gatherer units per difficulty setting.
      • There is now three starting units more/less per difficulty step. (Nightmare is two steps above Deity, so 6 more starting units for the AI than on Deity.)
    • Made Agressive/Ruthless AI gameoptions hidden options that are OFF by default.
    • Tweaked Map Bonus placement of Almonds, Dates, Coconut, Pistachio, Pomegranate, and Timber, maps were placing way too many of them, and some of them were placed in unrealistic places/terrains.
    • Small tweaks on the World mapscript. All starting units will start on the same plot when using this mapscript now.
    • Added a text warning to the Start As Minor Civ gameoption tooltip.
    • Tweaked the Enhanced March status promotionline.
    • Tweaked River placement code in World mapscript, there are more rivers now.
      • Fixed a bug that made it so that 150% Rivers meant 50% Rivers and vice versa in the map options.
    I got some ideas for the river placement code that I'll look into tomorrow, I'm not completly satisfied with the current code for it.

• Fixed a non critical python error that prevented a particular message from being shown in the panel under the tech bar. It was related to the militia units from farms feature.
    • Some minor tweaks to river placement in the World mapscript.
    • Some small xml tweaks here and there. Main changes:
      • Locust swarms can no longer go to a lake plot.
      • Removed the -20 crime from palace.
        • Early game crime is pretty much a non-issue on "Deity" even after this change.
    • Realigned City Maintenance modifiers to greatly help the AI cope with the 2 cities they get on Deity/NM difficulties.
      • I started a game on Noble difficulty, gave myself a second city and calculated from my city maintenance what the AI would pay in city maintenance when the human player is on deity/NM difficulty. The only difference is that the AI pay 1/3 city distance maintenance than the human player until the AI get's its third city.
      • The AI should do fine now.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  5. dsma_bell

dsma_bell Chieftain

• Corrected some links to the wrong history tag in Sevopedia and some hard-coded "History"-strings as well that prevent the application of the corresponding translations in some pedia sections

6. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

• Boosted education bonus from the grammaticus building.
    • Made education property a bit easier on Noble and readded the 1 education point from palace to the AI's benefit.
    • Nerfed grammaticus a bit, was probably a shot above target in the last rev.
    • Made some changes to animal behaviour.
      • Gorilla is now able to attack again.
      • Made "Reckless Animals" change many animals from defensive only to attack capable animals, it will make gameplay remind you of the olden day when all animals were able to attack in C2C. Some animals cannot attack even with "Reckless Animals" though.
      • Made it so that many more animals can spawn on tiles with improvements and cities when playing without "Animals Stay Out"; these are also the same animals that will still be unable to attack with "Reckless Animals" gameoption.
      • Made the Orangutang stronger when playing with size matters, a Wanderer should not easily beat an Orangutang.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    IdioticUlt1mara and raxo2222 like this.
  7. alberts2

alberts2 Chieftain

• Fixed an XML-Error in Animals_CIV4UnitInfos.xml

Toffer90 likes this.
  8. KaTiON_PT

KaTiON_PT Warlord

• Revised the strategy section of prehistoric era buildings inside Buildings_CIV4GameText.xml to include more information and to correct missing tags and mistypes.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    raxo2222 and Toffer90 like this.
  9. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

• Rewrote the river placement code in World mapscript, hopefully for the last time, that's the second time I've completly rewritten it.
      • It should now provide longer and more complex rivers than it previously did.
      • Added more river amount options at game set up.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    SirJohnEh, KaTiON_PT and raxo2222 like this.
  10. dsma_bell

dsma_bell Chieftain

• Hills and peaks are now visible in pedia like the other terrains
    • German translations and corrections: terrains, some features and some pedia texts

11. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

• Fixed a bug in Terra mapscript that occured when using the "Balanced Resources" map setup option.
    • Did some spring cleaning in both Terra and World mapscript, only inconsequential syntax changes.

raxo2222 and KaTiON_PT like this.
  12. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

• remove space in tag name in Game Info Schema.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    raxo2222 likes this.
  13. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Is anyone one else having SVN problems?

EDIT: Back up now.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  14. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

• Should be a major repair to the AI's ability to function with units.

I'm still seeing some things I don't like. Note that initial gatherers may sit on their haunches a bit simply because they don't yet have the tech to improve in any real meaningful way at first.

Some overall feedback could be good. I'm not going to get too picky about perfecting their functioning. That takes us too far down the infinite trail of improvements and work on stuff I'm not ready to even try to perfect yet. I just want to see that they ARE functioning reasonably well enough to be a competitor - well enough to compare to the pre-38 release versions. They should at this point be able to do at least that (and a little better considering how many fixes are still in place.)

15. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

• Fixed an out of range error in World mapscripts that could happen on maps with so little ocean that only 1 or less plots are valid for the trench terrain.
    • Tweaked the World mapscript quite a bit. Main stuff :
      • Fixed a bug when creating a map for the second time from the main menu (regenerate was okay).
        • Map constants did not reset properly and became more and more wrong for each time one generated a map from the main menu in one game session.
      • Dialed in some values integral to elevation and landform mapping, should make results more satisfying on all map options.
      • Made the world mapscript clean up most of its cached memory usage when done, some cache must stay due to the regenerate map feature.
      • Reduced amount of peaks when using Archipelago and Waterworld landform options.
      • Tweaked the pangea breaker code to allow slightly larger continents on the earthlike landform option.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Justin Cray, Thukew, raxo2222 and 2 others like this.
  16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

• NPCs no longer need to protect their workers for their workers to function because broker calls don't operate for them and that was paralyzing their workers.
    • Numerous corrections to methods used for brokerage calls to get them to work properly. This fixes hunting and numerous other activities for the AI, including correcting some build queue slips to processes.
    • Property values and Investigation values on buildings now register as giving a building some measure of worth - this corrects the AI's consistent failures to construct LE and Disease Controlling buildings and those buildings that unlock the units that can help in these regards. They would build them but not for the right reasons and not at the right times in terms of priority. (This is also another big reason we were having late game crime collapses.)
    • Recon units now special defend against animal attacks like hunters do - this way recon units can actually defend hunters in the manner in which they were intended, which will help the survival rates of AI hunters by a long ways, increasing the efficiency of the AI quite a bit.
    • Also fixed a cause for game crash that takes place on any generated maps that don't have oceans.

This represents so many major fixes to the AI it's silly. Stress test again... there's still some things that can be lurking, particularly since I'm suspecting some of the things I backed out of recently were potentially very real and valid fixes to real and valid problems, BUT I think I've found new ways to address those. Anyhow, we're making a lot of headway here finally.

arihant, Justin Cray, Thukew and 9 others like this.
  17. Whisperr

Whisperr Chieftain

• Updated some FPK's
    • Fixed some buttons

raxo2222 likes this.
  18. Whisperr

Whisperr Chieftain

• Fixed red blob on Ancient Way of Shadows

KaTiON_PT and raxo2222 like this.
  19. Whisperr

Whisperr Chieftain

• Fixed the fix on the red blob on Way of the Shadows

20. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

• Upgraded one more of the bamboo feature models to "Bamboo Mk. II".
      • Seven done, eight more to go.
    • Readded the previous Bamboo model that I added in svn rev. 9819, it somehow got lost from the SVN during FPK packing.
    • Added notes about three texture files in the FPK that can be deleted due to being unused by the game.
    • Tweaked the World mapscript a bit, world sizes are now adjusted to fit the minimap size utilized in the PPIO modmod.

KaTiON_PT likes this.