C2C SVN Changelog

• Adds a bGlobal tag to techs.
  • Changes the (Divine Prophets/NOT Choose Religions) requirement of having the technology be required to be researched to found a religion with a prophet over to a requirement that ANY player has researched that religion. Otherwise the bGlobal tag applied to religious techs would have caused problems for DP.
  • An adjustment for Toffer so he can toggle debug mode with python without restriction.
First commit in a while.

• Fixed an issue with customDomestic advisor in relation to saving and loading user settings.
  • Made it so that the game will create the UserSettings folder if it is missing, did the same for the custDomAdv folder within it.
  • Removed the now redundant UserSettings folder from the SVN.
    • No longer will the export stop to ask if you want to overwrite anything related to UserSettings.
The work I do on the PPIO modmod does sometimes carry fruits to the SVN. ^^

• Adds display text to the bGlobal tech tag
  • Adds bGlobal and bNational tags to Improvements
  • Makes individual players on a team completely accountable to only themselves where Great People and Great Military People earning is concerned.
  • Makes NPC players not bother to tally unit upkeep costs.
  • Includes a few changes that were intended to be included in the last commit.
  • Makes education promotions non-dependent on the era the unit is accessed in as a prerequisite.
  • Adds the first stage of a complex tag set for Builds, PlaceBonusTypes. I have sent a PM to the interested parties on how this should function. Perhaps the information in that PM should be amended to the modders documentation once the system is proven to function properly. Text documentation from these tags pending further development but they should work as programmed now.

Last edited:
Three prehistoric buildings - Highwayman's Hideout, Bandit's Hideout and Omega Child Crew now can work without required civics (still needs them to be built).

It was reported here.

Last edited:

Fixed Ordinances (very old bug) - now they properly reduce air/water pollution per turn not just once.
Property reducing part was split into effect building, that ordnance gives for free to every city, just like certain achievements with their property reducing effect.
Judges can build ordinances, they are accessible at Motorized Transportation, Ecology, Recycling and New Urbanism (Industrial-Information eras).
They should ease pollution problem in those eras.

Full list:
National Smoking Prohibition (-10 Air Pollution, Urban Culture - Information):
Automobile Emission Reduction Act (-50 Air Pollution, Ecology - Modern):
Carpool (-25 Air Pollution, Motorized Transportation - Industrial)
Clean Air Act (-100 Air Pollution, Ecology - Modern)
Clean Water Act (-100 Water Pollution, Ecology - Modern)
Commuter Shuttle Service (-25 Air Pollution, Motorized Transportation - Industrial)
Smoking Prohibition (-5 Air Pollution, Urban Culture - Information)
Tire Recycling Program (-25 Air Pollution, Recycling - Modern)

Here are details.

Minor fix to ordinance effect building

Last edited:
2 fixes to Inflation errors in the Currency Civics that I had forgotten to correct, when I was working on this set of Currency Civic choices back in 2017. Going thru old notes and noticed I had failed to make these corrections back then.

I apologize for my slackness. Edit: Currency Civics not Economic.

Last edited:
  • Adds text notifications when units place bonuses
  • Adds TechPrereq nested tag to PlacesBonusTypes tag
  • Adds requirement that the bonus itself is valid for placement when a unit places a bonus.

Last edited:
  • German translations to all education "buildings" for certain education levels (hydro)
  • Fixed a problem with the German translation of improvements that doesn't fit in every context

Minor text format fix in last commit.

@dsma_bell always convert text format from vanilla game.

&#[NUMBER]; shouldn't be in text string.

Fixed Fishing tech text formatting in non-english languages.
Somehow &#[NUMBER]; string was left here.

Now all such entries are corrected.

• National Breeders/Smelters now Not Near A City Breeder/Smelter
  • Update to Tech Chooser screen. It is now ready for me to add in a colour selection, ie you will be able to choose one of the three defined for C2C with the current set being the default.
Note I had to comment out all the translations for the National Breeders/Smelters so those will need to be translated again.

Increased tech cost modifiers for Ancient and later eras - now they are in +10 steps, while construction costs are in +5 steps.

Should slow down Emperor+ players - they keep outrunning calendar.
Also should improve research/construction costs ratio proportionally more in later eras.

Removed ForceObsoletion tech from Guide.
Upgrade to Guide (Explorer at Road Building) is much later than ForceObsolete tech (Writing), later explorers doesn't have forceobsolete tag.

Fixed combination of Upscaled Production and Research cost options (Research costs weren't upscaled in option combination).
Now it properly selects gamespeed definitions, where both research and various construction costs are upscaled.

• Makes the Dangerous Wildlife option function on a set of DLL adjustments. Should work as designed now.
  • Aligned the game options with the dll enums and cy list of options there as well.

Dangerous Wildlife option is now visible.

@Thunderbrd you forgot to turn it on in XML :p

Updated tooltips of Animals Keep Out and Dangerous Wildlife option - latter option now will disable former option.

Last edited:
Top Bottom