C2C SVN Changelog

• Fixes numerous errors from an incorrect sweeping replacement of values in XML files during the process of creating the new traits set.
  • Solves the crashes created by a circular reference in a promotion prereq that wasn't even necessary to have.
  • Corrects some other issues caught by the xml validator by Raxxo (thanks for noting those - some were more serious than I'd thought but they had gone ignored in the DLL because of the way it was programmed could still load even if the xml was wrong.)

Last edited:
Removed redundant help text entry again, as HIMEJI_CASTLE_HELP is in Buildings_CIV4GameText.

Fixed typos in traits.

That is text had some typos.

Last edited:

- Added new bonuses: Punch Cards, Superintelligent Computers, Deep Space Lifeforms, Deep Space Nanobots, Nanomorphic Habitats, Advanced Replicators, Plasteel. With the exception of Punch Cards and Plasteel, the main purposes of these for now is for simplifying the deep space building tree.
- Simplified Deep Space city building trees, using bonuses instead of buildings for some prerequisites.
- Venus Surface City now requires Plasteel.
- New buildings: Tabulation Firm, Bell Labs, Deep Space Plasteel Factory. The first two of these are to add some more interesting content at Encryption Machines.

raxo, did you commit your last update? I didn't see your 10478.

• Fixes the OTHER crashes that have been common with the new DLL introduced with Complex Traits, whether on that option or not.

• Fixes crash bug reported by @Justin Cray and probably fixes a startup crash bug reported by @SteelSterling, assuming that he may have been using Pure Traits, where the crash was located (I don't use that option myself which is why I wouldn't have found it) and if he was NOT using No Positive Traits on Game Start, it would've been a reason to see a crash on a game generation.

• Improved and debugged some of the cultural decay mechanism so that territory once owned but no longer having any cause to be claimed will quickly erode and eventually the plot will stop being owned at all or by the player with the greatest active influence if the culture of the owner is eliminated. This was a big problem with forts. Destroy them with your Ruffians and eventually the ownership of the tiles the forts helped to claim will be lost if they don't continue to have reason to own them. Should work this way now anyhow.
  • Tech research modifiers from traits were counting as Win For Losing or Tech Diffusion in the top left main display - corrected so that it now counts directly into the primary amount given and TD/WFL bonuses are ONLY from TD/WFL bonuses if they exist.
  • Removed the barrier to cities going into cultural revolt if Rev is on.
  • Made Bounty Hunter II & III capable of being selected - take note that promos with no tech prereq are never able to be assigned or taken by a unit for any reason.
  • Quick debug on an unintended consequence in the previous commit.

Last edited:
  • Fixed the inability for Barbarian and Neanderthal cities to earn culture. Apparently it had been turned off due to a slight turn time slowdown.
  • Full audit of the experience point unit help display when hovering over unit icons in the city bar. They will be 100% accurate now but will not display all building sources individually, just those that you haven't built will show to explain where you could get more if you constructed that building first. Some other big accuracy improvements.
  • Audited the Ctrl help page on the combat help hover where some confusing display details were showing up where accuracy and dodge were being shown, among some other items there.
  • Didn't note this earlier but also took away city defense and attack modifiers, including from city defense values, in same-tile combats inside cities.

Last edited:
  • A major fix to Hide and Seek visibility factor processing on plots
Note: My last commit also included:

• Didn't note this earlier but also took away city defense and attack modifiers, including from city defense values, in same-tile combats inside cities.

• Corrects an infinite hang on opening a city screen that SO was trying to report a while back and Yudishtira reported with a save that took me right to the problem.
  • Fixes a crash bug reported by @Dreifuls a few days ago.

Increased steepness of AI research discount by +1 (step is now 4 instead of 3):
On Prince/Monarch/Emperor/Immortal/Deity/Nightmare AI now have techs cheaper by 4/8/12/16/20/28%.

Last edited:
Cleared TXT_KEY errors in buildings.
TBD entries are placeholders.

That is there are no TXT errors in pedia/strategy entries of buildings maybe except for animal myth/story/stories.

• Fixes an issue reported on Discord with the population % modifier needed to grow being mis-allocated on pure traits.

Cleared rest of TXT_KEY errors in buildings and units.
Added pedia entry to Animal Story and Stories buildings.
Entries, that were leading to vanilla animal concepts were changed to display C2C animal concept page.

There still are TBD/empty/see link entries here, but outright TXT KEY errors were cleared.

Top Bottom