C2C SVN Changelog

Updates:
-Tweaked civic maintenance for government, Power, and Rule
-Tweaked city unhappy limit
-Mind Control center now gives Rev stability

@SO: What happens in 4427? You provided no description...

It was too small to even mention, so all you really need to do is a comparison of working copy, i do that alot anyways. Just pit it on your SVN copy that was listed there and right click then do the comp. . .

It was too small to even mention, so all you really need to do is a comparison of working copy, i do that alot anyways. Just pit it on your SVN copy that was listed there and right click then do the comp. . .

The way I usually compare files like that is with ASCIIDiff, but the format you used with the new file is different than the old one (or the one that BUG generates itself) so it puked. There are no line breaks in yours, for one thing.

Since I always keep the old user settings archived, I'd like to know if the new file is "better" than my old one.

The way I usually compare files like that is with ASCIIDiff, but the format you used with the new file is different than the old one (or the one that BUG generates itself) so it puked. There are no line breaks in yours, for one thing.

Since I always keep the old user settings archived, I'd like to know if the new file is "better" than my old one.

I just use the one that it generates, is all, i dont do anything special to it.

I just use the one that it generates, is all, i dont do anything special to it.

I show an example of what I mean:

From my old file:
Code:
# Revolution

#

# Created by The BUG Mod.

[RevConfig]

# Display popup on initialization indicating what components are active

# Default: True

From the most recent file:
Code:
# Revolution## Created by The BUG Mod.[RevConfig]# Display popup on initialization indicating what components are active# Default: TrueActivePopup = True#

This was from Notepad. Notepad+ and ASCIIDiff shows even more weird formatting.

I show an example of what I mean:

From my old file:
Code:
# Revolution

#

# Created by The BUG Mod.

[RevConfig]

# Display popup on initialization indicating what components are active

# Default: True

From the most recent file:
Code:
# Revolution## Created by The BUG Mod.[RevConfig]# Display popup on initialization indicating what components are active# Default: TrueActivePopup = True#

This was from Notepad. Notepad+ and ASCIIDiff shows even more weird formatting.

Mine look like the one at the top also, i wonder if by any change you changed the viewing of it??

Update

- Fix route yield increases for thatch cutter and peat cutter.
- Pedia almost working.
- Everything is there and working.
- Game Concepts = old Game Concepts + BtS new Concepts
- C2C Concepts = RoM + AND + C2C concepts.
- I have made one change to the Civ Game Concepts page and updates the Subdued Animals page in the C2C Concepts.
- Hero index is now working correctly (thanks to The_J)
- The last two entries are still there and need to be removed. Although they are empty. This is the bit that I consider to be not working.​

Update

Removed almost all redundant technology prerequisites from core Civ4_UnitInfos.xml file. (I left in Koa at Hydro's request, and I did not touch Hero units.)

Just in case anyone thought I wouldn't be doing anything more for C2C,

Update: (rev 4440)

-Added Damgo's Embassy Visibility Fix.
-Interceptor rebalance part 1

Updates
Increased tech costs of Mine Warfare and Team Sports.
Machu Picchu Python fix: will be able to place Machu Picchu improvement on third-ring tiles if city is able to work third-ring tiles.

Updates

Silk Road changes: added Road Building tech requirement, reduced base gold bonus to +50%, added Python routine to connect building city to Silk plots and capital and then connect capital to largest visible foreign city.

Don't know if this thread is the right place, but since I got the embassy visibility thing fixed, I thought I might as well get the visibility-increasing tower buildings working. Frontier Outpost, Watch Tower, etc. are supposed to increase city line-of-sight -- it's in the help text, they have iLineOfSight XML entries for it, and the AI even values it -- but they don't. There is just no code referencing it at all, besides the AI valuation. Fixing it won't be hard.

So I had a question for you guys -- how exactly is this meant to work? If it just adds to the line-of-sight distance from the city square itself, it seems IMO relatively worthless. Currently the increases are all either 1 or 2, depending on the building. And a city nearly always has a ring of owned tiles around it, usually much more than that, all of which it can see from. So only in rare circumstances would a line-of-sight bonus of +1 or +2 from the city have any effect. For a city on open plains, a +1 bonus would give it (presumably) a line-of-sight of 2 spaces, but it starts with a ring of owned tiles with a line-of-sight of 1, so the +1 bonus would have no effects the player could see at all. The +2 would uncover another another ring of tiles, but only if the city still hadn't popped a culture level and if there were not obstacles to vision. I think only if the city were on a mountain would this way of doing things have any significant effect.

What I was thinking would work would be to add the line-of-sight bonus to all owned squares within the city's cultural radius. Probably it should be limited to squares not occupied by an enemy, or perhaps even to enemy-unoccupied squares within the city's workable radius. This would be as if the towers were built along the border regions rather than in the city. That would have a much larger effect, and players would pretty much always see a difference from building the tower, by expanding the visible ring of tiles around their territory.

Any thoughts on this?

-damgo

Top Bottom