C2C - Tips and Tricks

Is there limit of non-war takeover rival cities? In my game, in modern era I think that I can't takeover any cities (So far I have taken over quite a few cities, by cultural or UN)... but now I can't... in UN (owner) I don't have that possibility and chance of revolt one of rival city is over 150% but nothing happens from many turns.

So.... is there any limit?

No limit but their LE units in those cities can create a lot of resistance to such loss, making it necessary to counteract that with criminals.

No limit but their LE units in those cities can create a lot of resistance to such loss, making it necessary to counteract that with criminals

ok, but I killed all of LE unit... I wrote that chance of revolt is over 140% for many turns and nothing happens and... how works UN? Why in propositions I don't have return that cities to me? I thought that defensive pact makes it impossible but not, because I broke the pact and still I haven't that possibility in proposed UN resolutions

I have crazy diffuculty related trick: If you find AI on Deity + Nightmare too easy, save generated map in WB and change AI handicap to something lower than Noble.
I noticed flexible diffuculty for AI in BUG options.

This way you set effective diffucultty higher than Deity :p

I have crazy diffuculty related trick: If you find AI on Deity + Nightmare too easy, save generated map in WB and change AI handicap to something lower than Noble.
I noticed flexible diffuculty for AI in BUG options.

This way you set effective diffucultty higher than Deity :p

Wrong! You just made it harder for the AI by lowering it below Noble.

How? Does this mean if I set AI handicap on higher level it would be easier for ai? :confused:

Also there is delete button under your signature to remove posts.

This is incorrect. If the ai play at settler level, its easier for the ai.

This is incorrect. If the ai play at settler level, its easier for the ai.

Then where are the files that provide this alternate set of handicaps for the AI in conjunction with this Option that iirc we decided to hide because it did not function properly?

Then where are the files that provide this alternate set of handicaps for the AI in conjunction with this Option that iirc we decided to hide because it did not function properly?
The AI handicap can be changed in GlobalDefines.xml under:
Code:
    <Define>
        <DefineName>AI_HANDICAP</DefineName>
        <DefineTextVal>HANDICAP_NOBLE</DefineTextVal>
    </Define>
    <Define>
        <DefineName>BARBARIAN_HANDICAP</DefineName>
    </Define>
The AI uses the handicaps defined in CIV4HandicapInfo.xml just like the player does.

These kind of lines are only considered for the handicap the player is on, they are ignored when they are in a handicap that the AI are using.
Code:
            <iAIDeclareWarProb>75</iAIDeclareWarProb>
            <iAIWorkRateModifier>0</iAIWorkRateModifier>
            <iAIGrowthPercent>110</iAIGrowthPercent>
            <iAITrainPercent>110</iAITrainPercent>
            <iAIWorldTrainPercent>110</iAIWorldTrainPercent>
            <iAIConstructPercent>110</iAIConstructPercent>
            <iAIWorldConstructPercent>110</iAIWorldConstructPercent>
            <iAICreatePercent>110</iAICreatePercent>
            <iAIWorldCreatePercent>110</iAIWorldCreatePercent>
            <iAICivicUpkeepPercent>100</iAICivicUpkeepPercent>
            <iAIUnitCostPercent>100</iAIUnitCostPercent>
            <iAIUnitSupplyPercent>50</iAIUnitSupplyPercent>
            <iAIUnitUpgradePercent>25</iAIUnitUpgradePercent>
            <iAIInflationPercent>55</iAIInflationPercent>
            <iAIWarWearinessPercent>80</iAIWarWearinessPercent>
            <iAIPerEraModifier>0</iAIPerEraModifier>
            <iAIAdvancedStartPercent>140</iAIAdvancedStartPercent>

We removed them because they were growing the difficulty of the Noble level that the AI usually defaults to as well, thus negating a lot of the point. IF we REALLY want nightmare mode to be rough, make a Noble level for it and set that to be much like Settler and then the AI will be given easy street, which is effectively the same thing as a default for nightmare mode as what raxo discovered and what Toffer explained could be done.

The AI handicap can be changed in GlobalDefines.xml under:
Code:
    <Define>
        <DefineName>AI_HANDICAP</DefineName>
    </Define>
    <Define>
        <DefineName>BARBARIAN_HANDICAP</DefineName>
    </Define>
The AI uses the handicaps defined in CIV4HandicapInfo.xml just like the player does.

These kind of lines are only considered for the handicap the player is on, they are ignored when they are in a handicap that the AI are using.
Code:
            <iAIDeclareWarProb>75</iAIDeclareWarProb>
            <iAIWorkRateModifier>0</iAIWorkRateModifier>
            <iAIGrowthPercent>110</iAIGrowthPercent>
            <iAITrainPercent>110</iAITrainPercent>
            <iAIWorldTrainPercent>110</iAIWorldTrainPercent>
            <iAIConstructPercent>110</iAIConstructPercent>
            <iAIWorldConstructPercent>110</iAIWorldConstructPercent>
            <iAICreatePercent>110</iAICreatePercent>
            <iAIWorldCreatePercent>110</iAIWorldCreatePercent>
            <iAICivicUpkeepPercent>100</iAICivicUpkeepPercent>
            <iAIUnitCostPercent>100</iAIUnitCostPercent>
            <iAIUnitSupplyPercent>50</iAIUnitSupplyPercent>
            <iAIUnitUpgradePercent>25</iAIUnitUpgradePercent>
            <iAIInflationPercent>55</iAIInflationPercent>
            <iAIWarWearinessPercent>80</iAIWarWearinessPercent>
            <iAIPerEraModifier>0</iAIPerEraModifier>
            <iAIAdvancedStartPercent>140</iAIAdvancedStartPercent>
I know. I was going to redo all the Handicaps and clean up some poor decisions that have been done there for the last 7 years. This is why I asked my question as i did to T-brd.

We also have had problems with that Option for changing the AI's difficulty level.

Is there any way to see the visibility/invisibility values of a foreign unit without standing on the same tile with one of your own units? And what about the tiles you're about to move to themselves?

Is there any way to see the visibility/invisibility values of a foreign unit without standing on the same tile with one of your own units? And what about the tiles you're about to move to themselves?
Neither one directly, no. However, you can get the info on what terrains, features and improvements modify what kinds of units invisibility levels and such in the pedia.

Neither one directly, no. However, you can get the info on what terrains, features and improvements modify what kinds of units invisibility levels and such in the pedia.
Oh, alright! Also, what does "retreat" mean in the battle odds tooltip? I thought it meant "withdraw" at first, but I keep seeing it at zero percent with maxed out escape plan buildup. Is it because of the enemy having a high pursuit stat? Reindeer can't be that bloodthirsty, right? :confused:

Oh, alright! Also, what does "retreat" mean in the battle odds tooltip? I thought it meant "withdraw" at first, but I keep seeing it at zero percent with maxed out escape plan buildup. Is it because of the enemy having a high pursuit stat? Reindeer can't be that bloodthirsty, right? :confused:
It should mean withdrawal likelihood and yes, if pursuit is strong then it can be countering your withdrawal chance. Reindeer may not be bloodthirsty, but pursuit is a homogenized stat representing tracking skill and speed - (the ability to keep the quarry in sight and out-chase them if needbe). Reindeer probably don't track well but they are likely pretty fast so do have a significant amount of pursuit capability. Many units that cannot defend, mounted units, have high base pursuit. Truly useful are the units that can both get defensive bonuses and still be able to have a strong pursuit to keep those hit and run attackers from suffering punishment for their raids.

Hi, I post here a Tips :
I ve made a shortcut on my desktop with this target :

"C:\JEUX\Civilization IV Complete\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod="\Caveman2Cosmos"

It make me start directly the game with C2C mod ! (it target where I installed the game, of course you have to target where the game is installed for you).

Nifty tip for those wondering how to get the higher level crime/health/education promotions: Click on the red shield and select to build up its designated perk, each turn it will raise a level up to the maximum allowed by tech.

Today I learned you do not need to use the arrows on the build menu to move between rows of what you can build ( food/production/science/crime/etc filter ), you can use the mouse wheel.

Top Bottom