C2C - Tips and Tricks

Policing Promotion has had it's prerequisites changed. Otherwise spot on Wimpy. :) Though I might want to add Graveyard+Mausoleum+Stele for another +3:).

Cheers

Policing Promotion has had it's prerequisites changed. Though I might want to add Graveyard+Mausoleum+Stele for another +3:).

Cheers

Thanks for this, WOW! Policing just got much more expensive now, especially since the Town Watchmen usually just sit at the station house for a few thousand years. And good reminder on the Graveyard+Masoleum+Stele.

Thanks for this, WOW! Policing just got much more expensive now, especially since the Town Watchmen usually just sit at the station house for a few thousand years. And good reminder on the Graveyard+Masoleum+Stele.

Needed change, but now I'll never see the higher tiers of the promotion - leveling up a defensive-only unit sucks. :sad:

Free XP on build, Nobles and Warlords to add XP, those are the ways I use.
Also when I can build TW's with enough higher initial promotions to get the next step of Policing I do that and exchange my old TW's one by one. Those are the only ones I see as worth actually replacing as they seldom get enough XP themselves.

One way to get XP with them, though very unreliable, is to have them in a city the enemy likes to do spy ops in. If the TW manages to stop said spy op it gets XP.

Cheers

In the prehistoric era, if you find a guarded hut, you can't get the goody hut beneft from the Scout unless you have Bug option "Stack Attack" selected on the RevDCM tab. With Stack Attack on your winning unit will not enter the hut, allowing your Scout to enter the hut.

If you prefer to play without Stack Attack you can select this for the hut attack but remember to clear it before you continue the game.

Hey guys! Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't locate and answer!

"Suggested PC requirements:
2.6 GHz (64 bit) but 32 will do (But do the 3 GB switch)
4 GB memory but three will do
10 GB free space but 60 is better
1 GB graphics card, but 256 might work
Lots of free time to spare, will take way over 100 hours to win."

What is the 3gb switch? :lol:

I have a quad core i5 overclocked to 4.4ghz and 8gb of RAM on an SSD drive.. thanks!

Hey guys! Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't locate and answer!

"Suggested PC requirements:
2.6 GHz (64 bit) but 32 will do (But do the 3 GB switch)
4 GB memory but three will do
10 GB free space but 60 is better
1 GB graphics card, but 256 might work
Lots of free time to spare, will take way over 100 hours to win."

What is the 3gb switch? :lol:

I have a quad core i5 overclocked to 4.4ghz and 8gb of RAM on an SSD drive.. thanks!

Unless you're runnig windows xp, which seems unlikely on that spec machine, you don't need to worry about the 3G switch. It doesn't need it on win 7

I have 1 tip to give. The Domestic Advisor. It's your new best friend.

Click the button that looks like a scroll. Now you can customize the advisor :D

You can create new pages, and choose what information goes into each page. The GRANK series of data ranks your cities in a global category, NRANK does the same on a national scale.

Not sure where to send that Great Scientist to make your next Academy? Add the Building_Academy column to one of the advisor pages, sort by research, and BAM, send the advisor to the city with the most beakers that doesn't have an academy yet. There are many more possibilities.

Also, the icon to the left of the city's name, click it to automatically open the city screen for the city.

If you're using a Civic with Fixed Borders, have your picket line Claim the Territory they occupy. That will save a little Unit Supply costs. (The picket line is units outside your empire, usually on hilltops, to see if an invading army is coming.) Note that not all units can Claim Territory.

You should have a picket line and then use a mobile defense force that can move to the threatened area. This is cheaper than a large slow army in each area of your empire.

Another tip: In the mid to late Prehistoric era, position Ambushers on hills in unclaimed territory. Ambushers will tear up Scouts and Trackers and you get an income and science boost as well as messing up the AI scouting.

Here is a trick to dealing with a very large empire. Do a Soviet Union on them, a Cold War, not a hot war. first you must be in a GA so you can switch civics every turn. Build up all the espionage points on your target. send out your spies, you need several so that at least 2 will succeed. Then change your civic to Anarchism, influance his civic to it, then throw him into anarchy so he cannot change the civic back. It gives +3 unhappiness for ever city over 3, if he has 63 cities, do the math. 180 unhappiness in every city. Then have your spies aid rebel factions in as many cities as you can. He will start getting rebellions and break up like the old Soviet Union. I cut one empire by a third of his cities that way. You can change your civic back the next turn and not suffer much.

Here is a trick to dealing with a very large empire. Do a Soviet Union on them, a Cold War, not a hot war. first you must be in a GA so you can switch civics every turn. Build up all the espionage points on your target. send out your spies, you need several so that at least 2 will succeed. Then change your civic to Anarchism, influance his civic to it, then throw him into anarchy so he cannot change the civic back. It gives +3 unhappiness for ever city over 3, if he has 63 cities, do the math. 180 unhappiness in every city. Then have your spies aid rebel factions in as many cities as you can. He will start getting rebellions and break up like the old Soviet Union. I cut one empire by a third of his cities that way. You can change your civic back the next turn and not suffer much.

That is so cool! THAT is thinking outside the box! Do you have any save games from this? I would love to look at that.....

Unfortuantly, no save games. But I got 3 new civs out of it, and he went from 60 cities down to 40. Still sizable, but better, just like Russia is still big, but not like the USSR was.

Use transports as a Bucket Brigade to move units across vast stretches of ocean in one turn. Load units on transport(s), move to maximum distance to where you have more transports waiting. Click on the loaded units and load them onto the new transports and move again, repeat as necessary till you are at your destination. Move the transports back to original spot next turn for the next wave or have twice as many as needed and just keep moving them back and forth.

Use transports as a Bucket Brigade to move units across vast stretches of ocean in one turn. Load units on transport(s), move to maximum distance to where you have more transports waiting. Click on the loaded units and load them onto the new transports and move again, repeat as necessary till you are at your destination. Move the transports back to original spot next turn for the next wave or have twice as many as needed and just keep moving them back and forth.

Consider this one 'fixed' as soon as I get back from holiday!! A unit should not be Able to load and unload (or reload) in the same turn!

Top Bottom