C2C TV Tropes Page

Praetyre

King
I just created a page for C2C on TV Tropes; if anyone wants to help add to it, feel welcome. It's fairly basic at the moment, though in the process of creating it I decided to give a fairly comprehensive overview of what the mod actually offers (something sorely lacking from a lot of otherwise great mods, be they for Civ or something else).

Nice write up Praetyre! :clap: :thanx:

One addendum: I do believe though that with Pepper2000's modmod nearing it's completion into the main mod that there are close to 924 techs give or take a 1/2 dozen. Don't have my notes in front of me atm for exact count.

That's pretty cool Praetyre! Thanks for that! I've read it and tweeted it out... the mod needs some reviews on there now.

I have to object a little to the C2C Combat Mod being so closely related to Dale's Combat Mod, even if we do have numerous elements of his work here. But otherwise it's really a super solid writeup and it takes some skill to pull that off with such a well streamlined approach. Nicely edited writing indeed!

It seems like our TVTropes page got updated.

@Praetyre you can remove entry concerning Mormon ban of some resources, as it isn't a thing since V38.1 or V38.5
This is in separate section of that page.
There is some incorrect stuff here too.

Last edited:

@Praetyre you can remove entry concerning Mormon ban of some resources, as it isn't a thing since V38.1 or V38.5
That was interesting! :)

It was never a thing. The help text was not worded correctly. Most read it as it was meant but many didn't. I "fixed" by changing the text nothing else.

Just FYI, the edits adding that aren't by me; TV Tropes is an "anyone registered can edit most articles" wiki. Nothing stopping me from correcting it, of course, especially given I'd count as one of the creators (developers) of the work (C2C) in question.

It was never a thing. The help text was not worded correctly. Most read it as it was meant but many didn't. I "fixed" by changing the text nothing else.
No, I (or Pepper) removed removal of resources such as coffee, tea or alcohol from Mormon buildings.
That is each of those Mormon buildings removed access to one resource.
Banning resources like that was completely unrealistic.
It was completely unrelated to help text (this one was about books or something like that).

This section in TvTropes can be removed.

No, I (or Pepper) removed removal of resources such as coffee, tea or alcohol from Mormon buildings.
That is each of those Mormon buildings removed access to one resource.
Banning resources like that was completely unrealistic.
It was completely unrelated to help text (this one was about books or something like that).

This section in TvTropes can be removed.
But not books. The Mormon religion was designed by a Mormon. I just coded it. The banning of resources (but not books) was the first implementation while we worked out something better and waited for some new tags. The new version (still a WIP) was in the Unloaded Modules section. It needs someone who knows Events to help. It also extends the Missionary units in a similar way to how Entertainers can be multi use but different.

But not books. The Mormon religion was designed by a Mormon. I just coded it. The banning of resources (but not books) was the first implementation while we worked out something better and waited for some new tags. The new version (still a WIP) was in the Unloaded Modules section. It needs someone who knows Events to help. It also extends the Missionary units in a similar way to how Entertainers can be multi use but different.
I never mentioned books

TvTropes entry also doesn't mention books.

Top Bottom