C3C PBEM : "Alba" - Great Armada scenario

The tercio lost in France nearly killed us a musketeer army that eventually retreated at 1 HP while doing no damage. A passing royal musketeer flanked and destroyed the tercio ! But a spanish musketeer remains...

Maghrib : near Tangiers, Maghrib lost 3 bachi and 1 bachi but killed 1 tercio and 1 musketeer in Tangiers.
Cost us dearly but killing 2 tercios in a turn was worth it.

Now that was fun! Finally some action! :D Just a shame the victory points are set so low, the game has potential for more..

It's clear the Dutch have way too few transport ships too, their invasion was easily pushed out by our heroic highlanders (lost around 30 though), but we couldn't capture the cannons since we don't have the tech :(

Attachments

• invasion.jpg
    invasion.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 70
Let's see, took two coastal towns in Africa. Killed a few in the first, Melilla was undefended. Killed the Bachi that killed my musketeer in the fort. Sank one pirate.

Lost 2 dragoons and a pike at coruna. Killed a couple of musketeers. Beat up the men army but to no avail.

Obviously, I should have gone after Mahgrib earlier but the lack of offensive units made it difficult. Live and learn. Maybe next time.

ironduck said:
Now that was fun! Finally some action! :D Just a shame the victory points are set so low, the game has potential for more..

It's clear the Dutch have way too few transport ships too, their invasion was easily pushed out by our heroic highlanders (lost around 30 though), but we couldn't capture the cannons since we don't have the tech :(

Oh, well... My economy was struggling because my army was too big. So this massacre was at least good for the Dutch economy :)
and probably good for the scotish too. minus 30G/turn on maintenance :)

Go Spain! :D

Yeah, I thought Maghrib was stronger than that.. incredibly, both France and Maghrib are now weak again compared to even the Irish! But the Dutch fleet is so powerful that they really control my range of operation. If the game lasted much longer (say, 100,000 victory points) we could catch up in tech and build matching units, thus leveling the playing field some more..

portuga said:
Oh, well... My economy was struggling because my army was too big. So this massacre was at least good for the Dutch economy :)

Oh yeah, the unit upkeep in council govs is insane, the strong units cost 5 gpt, we needed more battles, but when I tried earlier I was just wiped out and you kept destroying my ships so I could never land a proper invasion.. it was little more than diversionary maneuvers to help my allies.

Lou, maybe those transport ships should be cheaper? It's really hard to launch large invasions, although maybe the Dutch could afford it in this game.

portuga said:

I'll try to help you out a little more too :)

You guys wanna play this scenario again with version 2.0? I'd like to try again, maybe with England or Spain.. gotta have semental for ally again though, it's our time to kick ass ;)

Well, if you wanna be Spain again I'll have to be League I guess.. don't wanna play the Scots again (although they are lots of fun), and the Irish are a bit small, more like an add-on, which should mean I should play League and Ireland I guess. Scotland needs to be played by an independent player so there's no alliance from the start.

I'm kind of split on it. I feel like I know what I am doing now (and would like to make my own mistakes), on the other hand a different civ would be a fresh challenge. So I can be talked either way. Of course, we could take the other side too.

sunk 2 scotish w. galeaon up north. lost a frigate.

I'm sory guys, but I don't have availability for another game... Until the end of the year I'm overloaded with work...

Top Bottom