Canadian MP seeks cancer treatment in California

Why are you so rude?

You know, I had more questions about your stance on this issue, but it's impossible because your mom is involved, and so I can't ask 'oh snap' questions.

The Oh Snap wasn't directed at you. It was directed at the person who said it to me. I don't see why my mother would make it impossible for me to have a stance on the issue.

I said snap; not oh snap. Oh snap is so last year.

The free market does not care about nationalities. If your mother had a 3 month wait, then perhaps the private sector is having a difficult time coping down south?

How do you even know if it was Canadians who caused the wait? Patient records are classified. Or is that the typical excuse hospitals lob at worried relatives in WNY? "Oh, damn Canadians with all their bling are paying to skip the lines again. Just wait three months" ... Oops!

How do you even know if it was Canadians who caused the wait? Patient records are classified. Or is that the typical excuse hospitals lob at worried relatives in WNY? "Oh, damn Canadians with all their bling are paying to skip the lines again. Just wait three months" ... Oops! - Goonie

Records may be confidential, demographics are not.

It's been a heated debate in Roswell for years.

Records may be confidential, demographics are not.

Not to nit-pick, but do you have a source we could see on said demographics?

It's been a heated debate in Roswell for years.

More than the alien landings? Oh wait, wrong one ;)

Not to nit-pick, but do you have a source we could see on said demographics? - Che

My mothers oncologist?

Let's see what I can find here:

Well, they have enough Canadian patients that they have a welcome page specifically for Canadian patients.

http://www.roswellpark.org/Patient_Care/Welcome_Canadian_Visitors/Delivering_Quality_Care

Demand exceeded supply in 1999 and 2000 for 1,200 Ontario cancer patients who were forced to wait an unacceptably long time for treatment. Providers on both sides of the border acted. Cancer Care Ontario (CCO) and Princess Margaret Hospital in Ontario offered patients the option of receiving radiation therapy at Roswell Park Cancer Institute of Buffalo. "This short-term measure is helping us to ensure that everyone receives treatment within a medically acceptable period," Ken Shumak, CCO's president, said at the time.

Pamela Germain, vice president for managed care and outreach at Roswell Park, notes that some patients had waited 14 weeks postsurgery, with eight weeks being the satisfactory outer limit. "We negotiated case rates for breast cancer and prostate cancer and cleared up a backlog of 1,110 patients in two years," says Germain. Hospitals in Detroit and Cleveland also picked up the slack until provinces purchased new equipment and hired health care professionals to run it.

http://www.managedcaremag.com/archives/0204/0204.canadapart2.html

I gotta go to dinner I suppose. If you want something more, I'll see if I can dig it up for you.

She's coming to California for breast reconstruction surgery. You'd be a fool not to come to California for such a procedure if you had the means.

Home to Hollywood and Beverly Hills I'd bet we do the best boob jobs on the planet.

How do you define "unacceptably long"? Does that mean that they have to wait such a long period of time that they die? That doesn't happen in Canada.

Top Bottom