Can't buy it and glad.

ggganz

a.k.a. The Scyphozoa
I just have a PC and a PS2, and I'm glad it's not for PS2. That way, if my parents ask if I want it I can just say "I don't have the right console". They wouldn't buy a new console for me.

Although the graphics look better and cooler, I really don't want to play such a scaled down game. CIV IS MORE DIGNIFIED THAT THISSISSSS!!1!!!1!!!!!11!!! ya

How can you be glad that you can't play a game that you really have no idea about?
Civ 1 and 2 could not only be considered scaled down versions in light of what we have now but things have changed for the franchise so much that in many respects they are very different games. And they're still a whole lot of fun to play, I'm sure you would agree ggganz!
I feel like I'm repeating myself but nobody has played this game yet and consoles are cool.
Also: try telling a member of the opposite sex the next time you go out at night that you only play games that are for grown ups and just see how grown up you look!

oh dear...

I don't care how grown up I look cuz I'm almost 13 years old!

We really need a minimum age for this forum. ;)

The message from Firaxis is that CivRev is a streamlined version of Civ4 to reach a new market. Your average console player would be boggled by the information required in Civ4. Interestingly, there will be features of CivRev that we would want in Civ4, such as the ability to turn generals w/ spies.

The message from Firaxis is that CivRev is a streamlined version of Civ4 to reach a new market. Your average console player would be boggled by the information required in Civ4. Interestingly, there will be features of CivRev that we would want in Civ4, such as the ability to turn generals w/ spies.

Also with CivRev the average console player could be enticed into the deeper, more complex PC Civ games, making it a win-win situation for Firaxis.

I'm nearly 13 But I dont give a S**T if it has fu**ing cartoonish graphics or not. If anyone agrees with me please tell!

exactly! I think that any hardcore fan of Sid Meier games would love revolutions (I am a hardcore fan). I've got Civilization IV, Civ:Warlords, Civ:BTS, CivCity:rome and Sid meier's Pirates. I dont care much for his railroads

exactly! I think that any hardcore fan of Sid Meier games would love revolutions (I am a hardcore fan). I've got Civilization IV, Civ:Warlords, Civ:BTS, CivCity:rome and Sid meier's Pirates. I dont care much for his railroads

But what about Civ1, Civ2, and Civ3 (+expansions)? ;)

Do yourself a favour and track down a copy of Alpha Centauri!

Is it by sid meier?

Yes, it's created by Firaxis. In fact, the full name of the game is Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - SMAC for short. The lead designer was Brian Reynolds, who started Big Huge Games and released Rise of Nations.

SMAC is a wonderful game, truely magnificent.

Your like me! I had all that you mentioned. Also CIV 3 but not too much from it though.....

There is a minimum age, and it's 13. When you signed up, you had to agree that you were 13 or over. This policy of salutary neglect that CivFanatics holds is terrible. I wouldn't mind if there were constructive 12 year old who actually added to the quality of this forum (of which there are), but being disruptive and using your age as an excuse is unacceptable. If any admin were to confront this issue, they'd not only be obligated by the Terms of Service, but required by the law to ban any users under thirteen years old.

If you couldn't understand that, here's the gist: There is a minimum age for this forum, and you did claim that you were 13+ when you signed up. This forum is compelled to ban you by both its Terms of Service and the law itself. So don't push it.

There is a minimum age, and it's 13. When you signed up, you had to agree that you were 13 or over. This policy of salutary neglect that CivFanatics holds is terrible. I wouldn't mind if there were constructive 12 year old who actually added to the quality of this forum (of which there are), but being disruptive and using your age as an excuse is unacceptable. If any admin were to confront this issue, they'd not only be obligated by the Terms of Service, but required by the law to ban any users under thirteen years old.

If you couldn't understand that, here's the gist: There is a minimum age for this forum, and you did claim that you were 13+ when you signed up. This forum is compelled to ban you by both its Terms of Service and the law itself. So don't push it.

Actually, you can join under 13, as long as a parent or guardian signs up for you. Just pointing it out.

I'm nearly 13 But I dont give a S**T if it has fu**ing cartoonish graphics or not. If anyone agrees with me please tell!

i would have to agree with you. i am 34 and a fairly serious person. last year when i had a big chunk of free time i got involved with playing paper mario. this game has cartoon graphics (which are tasteful and artful i might add) but was incredibly fun and addicting. it also had many subtle as well as overt reminders of the glorious super mario bros, something i remember quite fondly from when i was a kid. so cartoon graphics don't say anything about its fun factor.

Nothing wrong wth Cartoon graphics, or bad graphics for that matter. It's about the gameplay and as we're all Civ-vers here, I think we can all agree it's the playability that matters ;)

I'm 23 seeing as everyone else is giving their age :p

Top Bottom