Caps for the smileys?

CavLancer

This aint fertilizer
I really like the Santa smileys this year, dunno why. Perhaps the color is more vivid with the forum upgrade? Anyway makes me wonder if there are available smileys with, say, bowler hats, baseball caps, whatever. Anyone familiar with the world of smileydom?

Thoughts? :)

I really like the Santa smileys this year, dunno why. Perhaps the color is more vivid with the forum upgrade? Anyway makes me wonder if there are available smileys with, say, bowler hats, baseball caps, whatever. Anyone familiar with the world of smileydom?

Thoughts? :)
I made a couple with sombreros. Mind you, one is a tribble and the other is a Borg, so neither is very useful for a Civ forum.

There was a time when some of us on TrekBBS had a running joke going about the U.S.S. Sombreroprise, with sombrero-wearing characters, animations, and even the ship itself.

There are many Invision-style smileys with a wide variety of headgear, including baseball caps, bowlers, crowns, Viking helmets, mitres, there are at least 3 sets of Doctor Who smileys (Tom Baker) wearing a fedora, there are cowboy smileys... basically, if you can imagine it, it's probably been done.

Here's one where there's a variety, if you're into pirates:

This last one was made by Camilla Eriksson, who is a super-talented smiley artist. She also makes animated e-cards.

I used to belong to a forum dedicated to smileys. Some years ago I had an avatar here that was a large smiley named Spud (he was a potato). My version of Spud liked motorbikes, scooters, etc. and sunglasses. I think I made a sombrero version, as well. Spud is why I occasionally get birthday greetings here using potato themes.

Sorry about that Boots, of course you're right, it belongs here. :b: <----- Also need a thumbs up without a grinning idiot added in.

I don't see the smileys Valka, what's wrong with me?

Sorry about that Boots, of course you're right, it belongs here. :b: <----- Also need a thumbs up without a grinning idiot added in.

I don't see the smileys Valka, what's wrong with me?
Clear your cache?

Or maybe it's a compatibility issue between XenForo and a Photobucket account that's set to private. You'd have seen them with no problem at all on a vBulletin forum.

I can't make my Photobucket account public or I'll lose my permission to archive certain smileys. Their creators don't allow archiving on pages accessible to the public.

If you really want to see them, I can give you some web addresses. Send me a PM and let me know.

Or maybe it's a compatibility issue between XenForo and a Photobucket account that's set to private.

I see them!

I'm in support of more smileys. I don't really use any besides the common emoticons like :) :( and ;) but I do like seeing the ones other people use in their posts.

I see them!

I'm in support of more smileys. I don't really use any besides the common emoticons like :) :( and ;) but I do like seeing the ones other people use in their posts.
Thank goodness.

I had a problem with one of the admins at TrekBBS (also a XenForo forum) when I submitted the basic tribble smiley for consideration there (can you imagine, a Star Trek forum without a tribble? We have FIVE tribble smileys on my Doctor Who forum). I ended up making a special thread on the Doctor Who forum just for her to look at so she could copy/paste it, because she couldn't see it on the ST forum.

I submitted a couple of different "hug" smileys here, btw (two smileys hugging and a "group hug"). No results yet, but I assume the admins are just busy with more pressing things.

The keg will eventually be drained, the stash emptied, and the munchies consumed. Have patience. :)

Top Bottom