Cats and Kittens

6 months since we rescued toothless. After lunch he likes an afternoon nap, but he cant fall asleep unless you spend some time with him. So glad we found one another
IMG_20191026_142110.jpg

Awwwwww !

This is Kora. I'm at my father in laws house.
However Kora is from next door just makes himself at home. Kora is a big mooch.

IMG_20191027_172444.jpg

He is young cat and likes visiting inside neighbours houses and is allowed to use the cat door and sleep in the spare room. His owners know and allow it.

Oh sorry Korea ! (tell him I'm sorry, my bad, do that for me would You ?)

*sigh* I wish I was that cat in Emzie's picture ......

Kora came back, it's raining outside. He's trying to mooch the wet off an nuzzled my face.

And the cat attracts my 5 yo nephew.

I don't know how old is she exactly but she's rather old : 5 or 6 years. I do wear glasses and I noticed cats often look at me suspiciously... so that is the case ! It explains a lot. I might have touched her paws do they not like that ? I must admit I haven't studied the "cat's manual" :blush:
5-6 is approaching middle age for a cat.

There are some behaviors common to all cats, or at least most... but after that, each individual cats has his or her own specific "manual" and the only way to study it is by experience gained through trial and error.

For instance, I've read lots of articles on nonverbal cat language, and one of the things they have in common is how cats tell you they love you (or at least really like you). They blink at you slowly, and the articles say that to let the cat know you love them, you should slow-blink back at them.

I've tried this with Maddy, and she just ignores me. Her way of expressing affection includes cuddling and face-washing. I've had other cats who prefer to express affection in other ways.

As for whether cats have a problem with being touched on the paws, it depends on the individual cat. I'd say that in general they probably don't mind a brief touch, although don't count on teaching a cat to "shake a paw". For one thing, they don't see the point. For another, if you really try to feel a cat's paw (providing the cat allows it), you'll notice that cats' paws are rather delicate. Yes, they can swat you or claw you, but they can be easily hurt if you squeeze too hard or if you step on them.

There was once this incident, I live in the block and upon entering staircase cat followed me. I thought he was a stray , he just stood there staring at me and when I opened the door he stood there staring still... so I invited him. We slept together, he scratched me a lot. In the morning I went to shop and bought some kitty food. We went later for a walk and a nice lady was there for a walk with her child, and they adopted him straight away (I wanted to keep him but my mom *R.I.P* back then blatantly refused) I think of him now and then . I hope he has found a good home.

Last edited:
/\ That's what I should be doing :D

Top Bottom