Cats and Kittens

Yes, Yes and we're hoping they get a bit more lazy about it when they get older.
We didn't put up any fancy ornaments last year and don't expect to again this year.

WE only do live trees.

I think that cats tend to eat everything green :D

adorable !

I don't know. That looks makes me think of revenge seeking.

I don't know how else should I describe. Okay Dina (that's the name of the kitty) jumped on my lap so I cuddled with her for a while. She all of a sudden tensed up, gone alert , jumped off and stared directly at me , I stared at her a little bit shocked (what do you see ? I thought) after a minute of staring she jumped right back on my lap. It was really weird .
Okay, here's my list of questions:

How old is the cat? They can be skittish at any age, but I've noticed this in both the young ones (kitten to maybe 1.5 years) and senior cats (they can become confused and uncertain just like humans, and it sometimes indicates a medical problem).

Do you wear glasses? Some cats are fascinated by glasses, and either try to knock them off the human, or play with them (while you're still wearing them! :ack:), or if they happen to see their own reflection, it can either confuse, scare, or fascinate them (I've experienced all of these with my cats and other cats). So it's understandable if they look at you, see something surprising, get confused and jump down, and then they're either curious or realize that you're not really dangerous, and they'd like some more attention.

Or you might have accidentally touched a spot where the cat doesn't like to be touched. Some cats are extremely particular about where they're touched; they have their favorite places and other places that they hate, because it either tickles, is annoying, or might actually be painful (in which case a vet should be consulted). If this is the reason for the cat's behavior, returning to you might be an indication of you being given a second chance.

Yes, Yes and we're hoping they get a bit more lazy about it when they get older.
We didn't put up any fancy ornaments last year and don't expect to again this year.

WE only do live trees.
One year my Gussy decided to knock the ornaments off the tree. When I took down the breakable ones and substituted non-breakable ones made of plastic and paper, he decided to eat those (I wasn't impressed to see him chewing on the 3-D needlepoint ones I'd made). So finally I took the whole thing down, drew a picture of a tree on a piece of paper, and taped the picture to my filing cabinet. That was my Christmas tree that year.

I think that cats tend to eat everything green :D
When I was looking for a video of a hissing cat, I happened to run across one that explains the physical reasons why cats see what they see (no, not ghosts, just how they perceive color and motion). It turns out that cats do have great night vision, their day vision is about as bad as mine before my surgery... images aren't as sharp and they're really nearsighted. They also see colors in a much more muted way than humans do. What we see in shades of red and blue, cats see in shades of muted green.

So it's pointless to spend $$$ to attract them to toys, beds, and dishes with certain colors, because they just can't see them. Maddy's cat tree is navy blue, but that's not the color she sees when she looks at it.

We have mounted a heavy base to a 4x4 piece of 3/4 inch plywood. They have been unable to knock down any of our trees in the past. ;)
Not from lack of effort though.

How old is the cat? They can be skittish at any age, but I've noticed this in both the young ones (kitten to maybe 1.5 years) and senior cats (they can become confused and uncertain just like humans, and it sometimes indicates a medical problem).

Do you wear glasses? Some cats are fascinated by glasses, and either try to knock them off the human, or play with them (while you're still wearing them! :ack:), or if they happen to see their own reflection, it can either confuse, scare, or fascinate them (I've experienced all of these with my cats and other cats). So it's understandable if they look at you, see something surprising, get confused and jump down, and then they're either curious or realize that you're not really dangerous, and they'd like some more attention.

Or you might have accidentally touched a spot where the cat doesn't like to be touched. Some cats are extremely particular about where they're touched; they have their favorite places and other places that they hate, because it either tickles, is annoying, or might actually be painful (in which case a vet should be consulted). If this is the reason for the cat's behavior, returning to you might be an indication of you being given a second chance.

I don't know how old is she exactly but she's rather old : 5 or 6 years. I do wear glasses and I noticed cats often look at me suspiciously... so that is the case ! It explains a lot. I might have touched her paws do they not like that ? I must admit I haven't studied the "cat's manual" :blush:

Ember, ex stray adopted from SPCA. Pity adopt she was a bit if a mess when we found her with stitches etc. First night snuggled under the blankets. Very needy/affectionate.

IMG_20191022_134643.jpg

Last edited:
Dex looks like he could use some sleep ... so am I , oh he looks so snuggly .... :love:

Dex looks like he could use some sleep ... so am I , oh he looks so snuggly .... :love:

That's Ember I'm having trouble uploading Dexter.

Trying to get photo from camera to photo app.

She's a grade A smuggler though. She was a bit if a mess at the SPCA but sat on my lap so got a home. She had been there a while.

2012-09-15 11.34.27.jpg

The Dexter named after serial killer from the TV show. Great hunter, dropped on head as kitten perhaps. Thinks he's part dog likes mooching on the kids next door, the mailman, random old ladies walking down the street and the teenage girls up the road.

He rolls around on the ground exposing his belly when kids call to him and the come over and pat him.

Also likes watching wife in the shower. I'm not allowed to do that he is.

20171215_151034.jpg

Icanhaz Sunbeam and your boxers?

Last edited:
Please do not frighten/ wake them up when taking pictures from so close ;)

Please do not frighten/ wake them up when taking pictures from so close ;)

They are literally right up I my face, I'm under the wearable blanket and the purple throw blanket.

Dexter can identify the car engine so comes running when we get home. This also exposes him to pat's from the kids next door.

He's not as needy as Ember but is part dog with strangers. He got adopted when he put his paws on my shoulders and clung to me at the SPCA nuzzling my face. Didn't have the heart to leave him there, coming up to his 9th adoption day (dec 28).

Last edited:
What can I say - he got the moves ! :lol:

I am not proficient in lolspeak , You'll have to ask Valka :D

Yeah he also comes running when the bathroom light comes on. Hell jump up on the basin and put his paws on your shoulder when you clean your teeth.

This may be a trap.
20170224_201838.jpg

You moved?

20170213_161808.jpg

Paralyzed with rage
20161129_183219.jpg

Last edited:
I believe that "SPLORT" is in order ! :D I think it's when the photo is just so cute You can't stand it ! :lol:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww !!!

Top Bottom