Cats and Kittens

For some reason, either stray cats are growing in number in my neighbourhood, or more people are just letting their cats "roam," - (which is still legal for cat owners in Edmonton) - because I can hear them fighting and see them lurking on the property I live on and in the vicinity all the time. As someone who grew up with cats, and had them being left to roam - and two of those cats having met untimely demises because of it, and the current weather patterns, I am a bit concerned. But, for some reason, the City Pound here never personally picks up the phone when I call...

Nice whiskers on that cat.

Yeah he is a good looking cat IMHO.

Everyone likes him and he's not even the families. Father in law lost his kitteh of 20 years and neighbours got Kora.

Kora likes visiting and he's allowed to sleep on the furniture. He also takes advantage of open windows to snuggle into beds at night.

"Not your cat".

He's great.

We got a rumba for Christmas.
One of our cats cowers under the bed. (can't wait for the Rumba to finally map under there and invade that space)
The other stalks it. But when it goes back to the station to empty the extra noise scares her.
We're thinking of getting one of those custom skins for the Rumba. Maybe the monster one will be appropriate.

We're thinking of getting one of those custom skins for the Rumba. Maybe the monster one will be appropriate.

:shake: A gigantic rat.

I found out about Kitty City. in Alamogordo New Mexico. It's a no-kill cat rescue center. There are no cages. You can walk right up to the cat (or vive versa) and get to know any perspective adoptee..Cats are spayed, neutered, vaccinated, and micro-chipped.

http://kittycitynm.com/about/

Our newest grandkitty looking guilty after discovering the joys of a roll of toilet paper. :lol:

IMG_7738.jpg

Yeah, our grown cats still enjoy unrolling the TP.

Burrito them in a soft towel for as long as they don't escape, then they're on their own,
I can't remember the last cat that I could keep in the bath long enough to get that wet. Normally if I can just clean their butt, I consider it a victory.

It would have to be really extreme before I'd even consider it an option.

I don't think we have ever bathed any of our many many cats. I guess if one got into motor oil, we would though.

That's because he's sadistic. What possible benefit can it have that more frequently would be better?
I'm not buying it.

Thank you. I just sent that to my wife and she thought it was hysterical.

My sister has a cat. Born in May last year I think. The kitten's mother was killed by a car when she was six weeks old so she was adopted earlier than expected.

She was amazed by the Christmas tree and took a running jump and got 2/3 up(granted it's a bit short). She is very mischievous and loves to watch the birds outside. I suspect she will be the kind of cat that will come home with mice and birds when they eventually let her out of the house.

She has a completely different personality compared to my sister's last cat, who was the laziest cat ever. I saw him walk one meter from a mouse and he either didn't care or notice.
She also loves water.

We have one of those. Found in a dumpster at about 6 weeks old 4 years ago. Loves climbing and jumping to high places, loves playing at a running faucet, hunts vigorously outside. A lovely cat overall. My wife's baby.

Caboose Hi res.JPG

Top Bottom