• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Caveman 2 Cosmos

That's the full list. I already renamed some folders to repack it into something I could install. E.g. Standard_Bts_Religions became BtS_Religions, GreatDoctorHealthcareMod became GreatDoctor, etc. Obviously also had to edit some MLF files to compensate.

I am slowly moving all the art, which is the main problem, and renaming stuff where it is not art.

Why its easy, just follow Dancing Hoskuld's SVN guide in his thread.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=429816

Actually it's not. Especially with satellite internet and the slow speeds and lag. C2C now takes me in zipped form 4+ hrs to d/l. If it took DH and Hydro 8+ hours to get set up how long do you think it would take me? More time than I have I can tell you (I still work 8-12 hrs a day for a living).

So until a better ISP comes along I'm just 1 step above Dail-up. :(

That's why I ask for patches.

JosEPh

Actually it's not. Especially with satellite internet and the slow speeds and lag. C2C now takes me in zipped form 4+ hrs to d/l. If it took DH and Hydro 8+ hours to get set up how long do you think it would take me? More time than I have I can tell you (I still work 8-12 hrs a day for a living).

JosEPh
The big advantage is that once you have downloaded the initial big chunk (and the server tends to be faster than shared hosters), every successive update is very small (except for updates to the art paks but those are rare).

My household also has 3 other computers all vying for bandwidth. Until I can get DSL or Broadband cable ISP It Just Isn't Gonna Happen. So I quess I'll do with out.

JosEPh :(

hi, thanks for all yur hard work on this, another stellar mod. i especially want to thank you for whatever you did to make the mod more playable for older, less powerful machines since your earlier versions.
btw, i still get the bug error logs but now they only display a few seconds, then disappear so i can play; is that an unintended (but tremendously welcomed) result of your changes or did you deliberately provide that benefit? how? there are other mods that i get the bug error log butthe log remains center screen so i can't play (finalfronier plus for example). i would like to share your method with other modders (especially those using bug, seems to be the source).
tx again, NZ

My household also has 3 other computers all vying for bandwidth. Until I can get DSL or Broadband cable ISP It Just Isn't Gonna Happen. So I quess I'll do with out.

JosEPh :(

It is possible to download individual files with the SVN.

(Note that cherry-picking only some files may result in newer files not meshing with older ones, so make sure you backup the ones you want to replace with newer versions in case they aren't compatible with the other older files.)

After you install TortoiseSVN, right click on an empty folder (doesn't matter where since you won't actually be using it) and choose SVN Checkout. Put in:

https://caveman2cosmos.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/caveman2cosmos/trunk

like the SVN instructions say, but instead of cilcking OK and downloading everything, click Show Log.

After the log loads (it may take a minute on a slow connection), find the update you think will fix your problem:

Select all the added/modified files listed ( or ctrl click through them) and Right click and Save Revision To... a temporary folder. Make a backup of the older files you have been using, then copy the new ones into the correct places.

The SVN is changing all the time so what someone posts as a 'fix' may rely on something else that has been changed since the last release; but as long as you keep backups of your original files you can always revert back to them. Just make sure you don't overwrite your last 'good' savegame either.

JosEPh

It only took me 8+ hours because they first told me the wrong way. I ended up having to download it like 3 times. :p I just had really bad luck that day. A "Murphys Law" day if you will.

The SVN is much better since (aside from the occasional FPK upload) the updates are very small after you download the main files. Then after that you never have to upload the big file again, since you uploaded once. Honestly your uploading a lot more once a month from these updates than we do the entire month. Remember all we are downloading is what's new, not what is already in the mod and is unchanged.

Please don't be afraid of new technologies. This one is worth it. Especially from a long time Civ player like yourself. And what's the worst that can happen? You can't figure it out and you go back to downloading it like you normally do. Nothing lost.

Its really like getting a little Christmas present every day as the team uploads new stuff. Some day its just some minor tweaks or fixes while other days it can be brand new features that you have no idea how you ever played the game with out it.

Come on I know you can do it JosEPh_II! :deal:

Huh?!? - I was sitting playing the 11. version... Then went online to see THIS!! This is MASSIVE!! Can't wait to try it out.. You do great works :king::thumbsup:.. Oh look - DL is done!! I'm outta here!! :eek:;):D

Ooh.. One other thing... How do I merge the extra leaderheads into the mod? Is there some simple explanation? :) *Looking for a noob-guide* :crazyeye: LOL

Ooh.. One other thing... How do I merge the extra leaderheads into the mod? Is there some simple explanation? :) *Looking for a noob-guide* :crazyeye: LOL

this actually should be quite easy:
1) unpack the archives
2) rename the "Caveman2Cosmos version 17" (the main thing) folder to simply "Caveman2Cosmos"
3) move the folder from the extra leaderheads (which should be named "Caveman2Cosmos", too) to the same place (so that you merge them) and click yes when asked to override
4) done!

At least for me they work that way...
btw THANKS for the extra leaderheads they add the last "spice" to this awesome mod :goodjob:

This SVN discussion is interesting- i thought it was just for the modders. Do you recommend that regular players download the SVN or wait for releases and patches?

This SVN discussion is interesting- i thought it was just for the modders. Do you recommend that regular players download the SVN or wait for releases and patches?
The SVN has the advantage that you get fixes faster but it also means beta testing as changes can introduce new bugs or imbalances.
If you are not afraid of that, I'd say the SVN is the better choice (keep max comp save games though).

As a quote-unquote regular player, I have used SVN since v15, and have never regretted it. It is by far the best way to play this awesome mod, and I have never encountered a bug that wasn't solved in a few hours by the team.

Some observations of my current game (version 17)

standard map planet generator, normal speed with rev en barbs.

No new civs from revolutions : solution I can change the values to make the revolutions more common.

no new barb civs : I only have seen pop 1 and pop 2 barb city's : solution change the value to two for emerging in new civs ( in bug menu)

my opponent will get a cultural victory at the end of the industrial area : i think the values are too low : I can change the number of cities (perhaps 7 ) for getting a cult. win.

i don't know how to stop him (Maya) as he has alot of riffl. and sherifs.

How come animal units can get the petrol promotions? In fact they seem to be ale to get a whole bunch of promotions that look a bit suspect.

How come animal units can get the petrol promotions? In fact they seem to be ale to get a whole bunch of promotions that look a bit suspect.

Yes Patrol is:

Spoiler :
Code:
			<UnitCombats>
				<UnitCombat>
					<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_ANIMAL</UnitCombatType>
					<bUnitCombat>1</bUnitCombat>
				</UnitCombat>
				<UnitCombat>
					<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_MELEE</UnitCombatType>
				</UnitCombat>
				<UnitCombat>
					<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_GUN</UnitCombatType>
				</UnitCombat>
				<UnitCombat>
					<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_HITECH</UnitCombatType>
				</UnitCombat>
				<UnitCombat>
					<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_ROBOT</UnitCombatType>
				</UnitCombat>
				<UnitCombat>
					<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_ASSAULT_MECH</UnitCombatType>
				</UnitCombat>
				<UnitCombat>
					<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_CLONES</UnitCombatType>
				</UnitCombat>

Yes Patrol is:

Spoiler :
Code:
			<UnitCombats>
				<UnitCombat>
					<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_ANIMAL</UnitCombatType>
				</UnitCombat>
				<UnitCombat>
					<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_MELEE</UnitCombatType>
				</UnitCombat>
				<UnitCombat>
					<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_GUN</UnitCombatType>
				</UnitCombat>
				<UnitCombat>
					<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_HITECH</UnitCombatType>
				</UnitCombat>
				<UnitCombat>
					<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_ROBOT</UnitCombatType>
				</UnitCombat>
				<UnitCombat>
					<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_ASSAULT_MECH</UnitCombatType>
				</UnitCombat>
				<UnitCombat>
					<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_CLONES</UnitCombatType>
				</UnitCombat>

Ah, so what you are saying is that my dyslexia was decieving me Petrol = Patrol

Ah, so what you are saying is that my dyslexia was decieving me Petrol = Patrol

Could be, as above also:p. But if you dont want Unitcombat_Animal in some promotion that are ingame, and we can delete them or add to promotions since the Subdue Animals mod is so much better now.

Top Bottom