1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Try looking at this thread first, and thx for trying C2C

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=437180

2. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Not-so-smart Man

Ah. Okay. Thank you for your answer.
    I feel a little bit silly now.

If I get back into Civ 4 a lot more, I'll give this mod another go. I just haven't gotten into the Civ 4 mood much.

3. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

It is never silly to mention a bug otherwise how will they get fixed. With the number of modders working on C2C things fall through the cracks. ;)

4. Ckornelius

Ckornelius Chieftain

Thanks strategyonly, I will try a new test with SVN 1817, using Hydromancerx's settings on a large map (should I dare, but then I didn't have any problems with MAFs before). Hopefully I won't run into a CTD this time but as I don't know I will call it Armageddon. Will tell you how it works.

5. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Luckily there are that many more people to help go in and fix a problem too.

6. DavidB1111

Actually, the main problem I have at the moment, is this mod is now so big, I might have to get a new computer to play it. :)
    At least, in the way it's meant to.
    My computer isn't exactly that good. It can run Crysis, but that came out in 2007. :)

7. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

With v21 there is a switch which turns off some or all building graphics. This means that instead of my computer not coping at early industrial, I was able to get through the modern era and half way through the trans human era.

8. DavidB1111

Oh neat!
    Also, I watched some more of Quill's video, and Tundras do damage to your units as well?

I didn't realize trees can survive better than humans. I wish I was a tree now. I mean, a Tundra has trees, and yet it can get extremely cold.
    I'm really confused about how weather works now. I'm not trying to nitpick or anything, I'm just wondering how these things work.
    I really am not trying to be annoying.

I do know that Antarctica is the largest desert. :)

Oh, and he mentioned about ships being lost at sea a lot, um, how does one deal with that rather overpowered event if it happens rather often?
    There's a difference between realism, and just plain being mean. :)
    Also, I hope if I make ships, they don't sink while one tile away from my city, or I will probably go edit that event out of the file. :)

9. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

You don't need to worry too much about terrain damage or ship loss. Units get promotions to avoid terrain damage and most later tech units I think start with them anyway. Also ship loss events are rare. Much more likely your ships will die to being mugged by seveal giant squid ;)

10. DavidB1111

Ah. Okay.
    Thank you. Like I said, it's been awhile since I played this mod. So, the new features, I want to ask more about before I play it, if I can, on my current computer set up.
    I don't own several supercomputers. :)

And let's face it, unless you have a really good computer, late game in Civ4, is kind of hard, especially with a ton of stuff going on in mods.
    And the MAF errors, which I almost never get.

11. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I a investigating having sunken ships become a sort of late game goody huts. That will be both those sunk by random events and those sunk in a war or by pirates.

12. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

You should have the ship stuck in the ice as an event if you have a wooden ship exploring in polar waters near the ice. Something like "An ice sheet has formed around your ship and it is now trapped in the ice". Which would kill the unit and spawn that in its place.

13. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Which would ofc also require Ori to come back and make said random events. Does anyone know when he plans on returning?

14. strategyonly

Updated to Version 21

15. phill4848

phill4848 Chieftain

can u post the specific updates that are included in 21 all i see are the v20 ones also would it be possible to have a shortcut so that C2C could be launched directly from the desktop so opening up beyond the sword, the restarting is unnecessary. some of the other mods have done it like realism and fall from heaven, and it is really nice skipping the restart step

16. strategyonly

Shortcuts are included in the mod itself, all you need to do is take that C2C (shortcut) from the (i've also included a saved game shortcut) both need to go on your Desktop, from there if you have it in the correct mods folder will directly play C2C or a savedgame for C2C.

17. damieiro

damieiro Chieftain

Loading v21...

Could you get/put somewhere the extra long movies addon? It currently points to megaupload which is down...

18. strategyonly

Dang i cant keep up today, thx for pointing that out, my bad.

19. masaykh

masaykh Prince

Grats to you Nice modding ppl :)

i looking to working pitboss in next releases ! :)

20. Ckornelius

Ckornelius Chieftain

Sigh, that was fast at least. I've added another CTD which will happen when you click the next turn button.
    So why do I get CTDs? Is it the NVIDIA Quadro 1000M, 2GB, 96x CUDA graphic card, which is not so well supported by recent drivers? Or I wonder if it is the way I playtest the version. Normally I rush through the times and have plenty of resources and lots of buildings. Maybe this creates some sort of variable overflow problem. Unfortunately there are so many source files right now, I wouldn't even know where to start to look into the code.
    I could start a normal game but are afraid that I would get a CTD when things get really interesting after having played 20+hrs... So what to do :confused:...

Attached Files: