1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. geo13mani

geo13mani Chieftain

i solved the earlier problem but now i have a new one...i have the civ 4 complete version 1.74.i download the mod i unzip it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\mods and then i run the Beyond the Sword application...when i'm in game i try to load the mod and it just crushes...no error messages or anything...it just closes the game and that's it...i even tried putting the mod here C:\Users\user\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS that i read here but nothing...it still crushes with no error messages...i really really want to play this mod and i spent the last 10 hours trying to find something...i tried restarting my pc,i uninstalled everything about 7-8 times and tried again but nothing

2. Osk21

Osk21 Barbarian Killer and Beast Trainer & Solar System!

Did you try unzipping it to your desktop and then copying the file to BTS mods? That has always worked for me.

3. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

You need to download and install BtS patch 3.9 get it here. Do not use the ingame update thingy it does not work.

4. geo13mani

geo13mani Chieftain

yeap a couple of times

5. geo13mani

geo13mani Chieftain

ty i'll try it now and we'll see

6. GiuseppeIII

GiuseppeIII The Third Giuseppe

Just played civ 5 today because of G&k but I could barely play it because there was so little content.

7. Azurian

Azurian The Azurian

8. Azurian

Azurian The Azurian

3,033 downloads for v23 on Moddb!

9. Gregori

Gregori Chieftain

yeah, entire Civ 5 seems like a kid's toy, after C2C. amazing.

10. Dionysis

Dionysis Warlord

LOL I felt exactly the same - "where are all the animals and the Neandertals? And all the extra technologies? And...and...and.."

Too bad they didn't hire on the C2C team! :D

11. rightfuture

rightfuture Emperor

Great statement. May I use your quote in the PR thread?

and your comment as well.

Can I quote you? I think I could insert a list in the front of the PR thread. A people are saying 'this' about C2C list for those who want to make use of it to tell others.

12. rightfuture

rightfuture Emperor

[edited]

13. x2yzh9

x2yzh9 Chieftain

Hi! I'm just getting into this mod, but does anyone have any idea how far away the multiple maps/colonizing space feature will be in? I'm sure you get this question a lot but I didn't really know fo what to use in the search function. Also, game already looks really fun and whatnot with all the features as is.

14. GiuseppeIII

GiuseppeIII The Third Giuseppe

Yeah go ahead and quote me

15. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

It is currently being developed in the Parallel Maps thread in the Mod Components forum. After it works fine there Koshling will convert it to C2C. So sometime around V26 I assume we will see this feature in C2C.

16. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

The Viewports will be in for V24, which will probably eliminate most MAFs, which will be good. The Multi-Maps will need a lot more work, as once they are in the code someone will need to write an interface for them, DH will need to set up the terrains, new mapscripts will need to be written for the new maps, and content will need to be added for all of the new maps/eras. So, I'd expect to see at least the Moon, Mars, and Solar System map workable by V25, but I don't expect the Galactic Map to be anywhere near complete until V26 or even V27, as there is so much content that will need to be made for the Galactic Era.

17. Camber

Camber Resident Family Therapist

Moved to proper thread.

18. HarvesterofSorr

HarvesterofSorr Chieftain

Still loving the MOD. Just a few observations/suggestions.
    1. Don't like how when you research a tech that allows an already existing improvement to upgrade your workers can't speed up process. I.E. Just got Agriculture and my seed camps are going to take 40+ turns to upgrade (I'm playing on snail) but my workers can't build farms. Just a minor thing.
    2. I've started 3 games on large maps so far, and each time the AI civs get decimated in the first 50 turns (once again on snail). I think it's due to them not leaving anyone home so they can explore/attack. A possible solution: Have the first city built by a civ start with a unit with no ability to move and a decent strength. I suggest 3 strength and 0 movement. This will require that an effort will have to be made to take the first city and eliminate a civ.
    Just some thoughts. Love the mod. Love the ambitions for the future of it.

19. dusckr87

dusckr87 Prince

Already in the beta (SVN) version.

20. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Thx for the info, but could you pls put this info in the bug/crashes thread, thx:)

Again good info, but pls transfer info like this to the ideas/suggestions thread, thx.:) Dont know if anyone Welcomed you to CFC or C2C yet, but Welcome!!