1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. makotech222

makotech222 Warlord

Quick question, how do you build sea tunnels exactly, when you get the prereq techs? option doesn't appear on my constructor ship menus

2. Epona222

Epona222 Warlord

If I recall correctly - sea tunnels will not show up as an option if you have set the BUG menu to not display obsolete worker actions - try this - open up the BUG menu, go to the C2C tab, and deselect the option that says something along the lines of "hide obsolete worker actions".

I think last time I tried that it worked and sea tunnels then showed up as an option for my later era workboat type units.

3. Istanbul_Kop

Istanbul_Kop Chieftain

Any idea why my units aren't automating? The buttons are there, and it is enabled in BUG screen. But when I click the button, they don't do anything. :(

4. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

What unit type(s)? Which automation(s)?

5. Istanbul_Kop

Istanbul_Kop Chieftain

I've only just started playing the game. So, units like Scout & Wanderer won't auto explore for example. Gatherers & workers will not auto improve either.

When I click the button, an icon appears in the top right of the units image, but nothing else happens.

Any ideas? :(

6. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Vanilla V23 or SVN? I vaguely recall someone else reporting that but it might hve been fixed. Does it persist over saving and reloading the game? What if you move the units manually for a turn then automate?

7. Istanbul_Kop

Istanbul_Kop Chieftain

It is V23, I downloaded from here:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/caveman2cosmos/downloads

It remains on saving/reloading.

Moving unit first doesn't make any difference.

Also tried turning automation button off & on (I searched & found that solution) but that did nothing either.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

8. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Is it just me or is the performance on CFC been absolute crap lately? It took me literally 45 seconds just to load this thread, which is putting a serious damper on my activity. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

9. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

Yes, same issues but in the last five minutes that seems to have changed and it is normal again.

EDIT: I take that back. It takes extremely long again.

10. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Yeah i am also, its been slow almost all day today, taking more than 2 minutes to load a page. . . .

11. Acularius

Acularius King

I've been hearing that a lot on the community chat.

12. Istanbul_Kop

Istanbul_Kop Chieftain

Just an update to my automation problem.

Started a new game.

My units automated fine (gather/explore). Then after a few turns, like 10 or so. They now refuse to automate again. :(

13. dusckr87

dusckr87 Prince

It was that way about 2 weeks ago, then got better (but it was only during "peak" hours). Then it started acting up again Friday, and is still that way (but this time it is 24 hours a day). There is a thread about it on the "site" subforum, but as crappy as the server is I'm not surprised it doesn't get checked very often (ironic, huh?).

I'm keeping my fingers crossed this post even makes it through.

14. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Most of the slowdown is gone for me now, horray!:)

15. Azurian

Azurian The Azurian

16. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

I don't see why not, however make it known that bugs and ideas should be posted in this forum and not that forum. Its hard enough keeping track of things in one forum. :p

17. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I wouldn't mind having an off-site forum to enable 'secret mod-team' discussions so we can hide some of our plans from the public until release, whilst still enabling some communication on those developments.

18. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Just a heads up, I suspect many other of us Americans will be busy on the 4th of July. Just letting you know I will be gone to celebrate with family. Hope everyone enjoys the mod during the holiday even if you are not American.

Also happy Canada Day to the Canadian members that just celebrated over the weekend.

19. anunknownman

anunknownman Warlord

well in that case, happy independece day hope you all have fun tomorrow!!!!:cowboy::bday:[party]

20. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

UPDATE: Version 24, 3 Jul 11:15

No more rushing in and taking over your neighbors civ, there's a surprise waiting for you if you TRY!!