Caveman 2 Cosmos

New Air Pollution, Water Pollution, and Disease mechanics! By far the biggest and coolest change I've noticed. Mousing over a tile now tells you how much it affects each factor, if at all, whether positively or negatively. All these three elements now show up in your city's properties, alongside crime rate and such. For example, the Dye Maker building will give +5 air and water pollution per turn; Water Treatment Plants give -100 per turn to water pollution.

Note that the Disease stuff is not fully implemented so even have a high disease rate, nothing will happen yet. Nor is there anything to reduce your disease rate yet.

Hello,

I have noticed that in this version there is increased volcanic activity, in comparison to previous versions.

Well, in my humble opinion that is too much increased and it is changing the Earth map without recognition.

I think there is a need in patch that reduce volcanic activity.

Hello,

I have noticed that in this version there is increased volcanic activity, in comparison to previous versions.

Well, in my humble opinion that is too much increased and it is changing the Earth map without recognition.

I think there is a need in patch that reduce volcanic activity.

I bet your playing on the GEM map, correct?

Yes.
How can I reduce the volcanic activity?
'cause it is changing the Earth map to something unrecognizable.
Check Assets/Modules/ori/Events/ori_CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml and reduce the iWeight of the volcano events (the ones that generate a new volcano).

Check Assets/Modules/ori/Events/ori_CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml and reduce the iWeight of the volcano events (the ones that generate a new volcano).

I am sorry, but when I make this change, when the game starts, it fails to load those XML files - it fails to load both the ori_CIV4EventInfos and ori_CIV4EventTriggerInfos.

I am sorry, but when I make this change, when the game starts, it fails to load those XML files - it fails to load both the ori_CIV4EventInfos and ori_CIV4EventTriggerInfos.
What change exactly have you applied?

What change exactly have you applied?

In the file ori_CIV4EventTriggerInfos.XML

Several lines below the line
<Type>EVENTTRIGGER_VOLCANO_ERUPTION_NEW</Type>

In the line
<iWeight>50</iWeight>

I have changed it from 50 to 5

It now downloads for me! Check again.

EDIT - Is it really just one xml file?

EDIT #2 - OK, managed to download the patch, and it fixed my problem :) Still no Online Shipping Warehouse on the pedia, though ;)

That building wasn't meant to be in this version (it is a wonder anyway, so that is why you probably couldn't find it in the sevopedia; if you edit another xml file that had misspellings in it you will see it, but you would have to edit the "patch" as well). That's what the xml file does---it disables the module.

In the file ori_CIV4EventTriggerInfos.XML

Several lines below the line
<Type>EVENTTRIGGER_VOLCANO_ERUPTION_NEW</Type>

In the line
<iWeight>50</iWeight>

I have changed it from 50 to 5
Looks like a valid change. What are the error messages?

Looks like a valid change. What are the error messages?

One moment please.
Instead of loading the file I have changed, the game has loaded the original file from the Back Up directory. That's why there were errors.

I deleted the Back Up directory, and error messages does not appear.

Thank you.
I will check how the volcano activity has changed.

I think we may need to rethink the whole volcano event at least until we get those height maps created by the map script into game. That way we could limit the new volcanoes to places where the plates are colliding etc. In the mean time new volcanoes should be very rare.

I think we may need to rethink the whole volcano event at least until we get those height maps created by the map script into game. That way we could limit the new volcanoes to places where the plates are colliding etc. In the mean time new volcanoes should be very rare.
That sounds like a fun feature.
I'm excited.
How would that, theoretically, look if I was working in the world builder?
Just for the sake of my curiousity. :D

Just wanted to add my concerns about the volcano. I've started 3 games since Saturday (c2c pangaea maps-nothing funny, updating svn each morning) and I get two volcanos in my territory before my 5th tracker is out consistently. Which given the way gatherers work is kind of demotivating. I wouldn't be surprised if this is wasting AI players' time, unless someone taught them not to build near the volcano.

So, v24 has Techs that don't do anything, and air and water pollution that has no effect?

So, v24 has Techs that don't do anything, and air and water pollution that has no effect?

The techs are a WIP, don't worry about those. The TH era is still just as playable as it was in V23. The Water Pollution should have an effect, in giving 'free' pollution buildings which have negative effects on the city. It may not be working though, I don't know. If it isn't then that's a bug.

I second the concerns about volcanos. Both me and the only civ I've met so far had active volcanos spawn 2 tiles away from our capitals very early in the game (using perfectworld2f map).

These things erupt extremely frequently, too. A few minutes ago I had 2 eruptions in less than 5 turns, in the volcano by my city alone.

He only said disease had no effect. I haven't had any event happen because of pollution, but I'm still in the prehistoric era where there aren't many pollution sources around. And I know that unlike disease, there are buildings to lower pollution.

I'm getting a lot of reports of two generals spawning in the same turn in far away lands. I'm hoping that's from a lot of people being at war with each other, and not a bug :)

About the 50000 BC start. As a "benchmark", on snail speed, tribalism is getting researched around 11000 BC now. Way earlier (in years) than before.

EDIT: Is the River Port working properly? Here are its actual benefits to my city:

http://i.imm.io/vdNZ.jpeg

I don't have any river tiles or trade routes in that city :confused:

Top Bottom