Caveman 2 Cosmos

No, I take that suggestion very seriously. I'm a big proponent for making flammability a dynamic property that operates much like crime (though without any trade influence), with flame units present increasing it (subcombatclasses are going to allow that...) and then developing a line of Firefighting units that not only counter flammability levels like police units counter crime, but also are useful AGAINST Fire wielding units as well.

However, other modders on the team feel this would be unnecessary and perhaps too great a pain in the butt to make these firefighting units and adjusting the flammability mechanic. So for now, the idea has been declined as a project.

I have some surprises coming soon to enhance the roll of fire throwing units too... I don't want to say too much about it and spill the beans but I personally think its going to be really neat on a strategic level.

Ah, could someone give me a refresher on how to install this version? I took out v23 from programsx86, firaxis games, civ 4, bts, mods, and replaced it with the downloaded file, but when I try to load a game, it says, "invalid directory". And I extracted it, of course.

Ah, could someone give me a refresher on how to install this version? I took out v23 from programsx86, firaxis games, civ 4, bts, mods, and replaced it with the downloaded file, but when I try to load a game, it says, "invalid directory". And I extracted it, of course.

I put my C2C folder in My Games/Beyond The Sword/Mods, as per quill18's video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m77OhRj6b74

No I did not. How do I do that, and what is it supposed to do?

Well, you just overwrite the file in the patch. The patch is meant to fix another issue, but who knows. At (if I remember correctly) 8kb, it can't hurt to try it anyhow ;)\

EDIT - You can see the link to the patch in strategyonly's signature a few posts above this one.

Uh, I don't think I'm supposed to overwrite over a gig of data with 8 kilos of it. Just... I'll keep waiting if anyone else has any ideas. Thanks, though.

Did you leave the MAIN folder "Caveman2Cosmos" there?

Everything inside is to be deleted, only the folder is to remain, then the NEW d/l goes inside of that. Then the patch can just override everything there, its only 1 file.

Ah, sadly I did mistakenly delete that folder. Hopefully I can just make a new folder titled "Caveman2Cosmos", and move the downloaded file into that folder? And I figured out the patch, yes.

EDIT: Well, my plan didn't work whatsoever. I made a new folder undre the mods section of bts, named it "Caveman2Cosmos", and placed v24 in that folder, but upon trying to load the mod through bts, it just brings me back to the bts main menu.

Ah, sadly I did mistakenly delete that folder. Hopefully I can just make a new folder titled "Caveman2Cosmos", and move the downloaded file into that folder? And I figured out the patch, yes.

EDIT: Well, my plan didn't work whatsoever. I made a new folder undre the mods section of bts, named it "Caveman2Cosmos", and placed v24 in that folder, but upon trying to load the mod through bts, it just brings me back to the bts main menu.

Can you take a "snip shot" of your mods directory and place it here thx.

I put my C2C folder in My Games/Beyond The Sword/Mods, as per quill18's video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m77OhRj6b74

I don't have any idea how he got it to work that way, but you don't install mods (including this one) in that folder**. You install it in the mods folder in the game folder, not the documents folder.

@wolfensoul:

The uploaded file mistakenly left out the root folder, so you have to unzip it to a folder named "Caveman2Cosmos*" in the BTS\mods\ folder (the BTS main folder, not the My Games\BTS\mods folder). I never bothered to download the patch as I knew which file to change manually (and I use the SVN anyway but I digress), but that file should go in the Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules folder.

*make sure it is spelled exactly like this, as it must be the same as the ini file
**well, there is a somewhat convoluted way to make it work, and I didn't bother to watch his video very long to see if he mentioned it, but there is no reason for it anyway

I don't have any idea how he got it to work that way, but you don't install mods (including this one) in that folder**. You install it in the mods folder in the game folder, not the documents folder.

@wolfensoul:

The uploaded file mistakenly left out the root folder, so you have to unzip it to a folder named "Caveman2Cosmos*" in the BTS\mods\ folder (the BTS main folder, not the My Games\BTS\mods folder). I never bothered to download the patch as I knew which file to change manually (and I use the SVN anyway but I digress), but that file should go in the Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules folder.

*make sure it is spelled exactly like this, as it must be the same as the ini file
**well, there is a somewhat convoluted way to make it work, and I didn't bother to watch his video very long to see if he mentioned it, but there is no reason for it anyway

He likely used that install path because he has the steam version, I can confirm that the steam version does have you go the "documents" route in order to work.

He likely used that install path because he has the steam version, I can confirm that the steam version does have you go the "documents" route in order to work.

Yeah, that makes sense as well (though as I don't use Steam, and never will, I'll have to take your word for it). As I said, I only really skimmed his video as it seemed to to babble on a bit at the start.

Yeah, that makes sense as well (though as I don't use Steam, and never will, I'll have to take your word for it). As I said, I only really skimmed his video as it seemed to to babble on a bit at the start.

The part of the video that I thought would be helpful was pretty much what I typed out in my post: "I put my C2C folder in My Games/Beyond The Sword/Mods". This worked for me, even when I don´t have the steam version. As long as the C2C shortcut points to the game folder, you can even start the game from there.

Ive been away from the internet a while and missed the modular updates. I am back now and look forward to see what you guys have done since last time I played.

Welcome back! I'm sure you will be impressed.

Can you take a "snip shot" of your mods directory and place it here thx.

Just tried it again, and same deal. Ah..."snip shot"? What is that? I'm afraid I'm not too computer savvy. While I'm waiting for you to respond, I'll try downloading it again.

I don't know if this matters, but I cannot for the life of me get 7-zip to extract it directly to the mod/Caveman2Cosmos folder. I have to extract it to the desktop, then copy it there. Probably doesn't matter, but just letting you know.

Top Bottom