Caveman 2 Cosmos

Is there an explanation anywhere as to why the maintenance on a single Subdued Elephant or whatever should be six times that on a unit of Elephant Riders?

And is it stated anywhere in the Civopedia or elsewhere in the game?

All Subdued Animals should have their maintenance costs at zero. So that cost is just the cost of units over your free number of units. A subdued elephant should cost much less that an Elephant Rider. If it isn't then it is a bug. I am away until after the new year so can't check what is going on.

Higher crime level (forgery) is a good suggestion for the economy tanking in general, but if FangFur is right and a hike in 'number of cities maintenance' accounts for the increase (and no new tech is involved), any ideas in such a case?

Screenshots of the Financial screen before and after would help.

There are multiple ways cost can escalate in the mod, same as there are multiple ways to try to reduce it.

Just sending out 3 or 4 settlers at the same time can "tank" your economy for sometime. Even if your Do Not use the Option City Limits by Civics.

And as always when you think you have a problem Please give more details to the "game's" current set of conditions, what Civics used, what Option enabled or disabled either at setup or thru BUG, etc, etc. Vagueness just creates a guessing game and no real solution ever comes out of it.

On animals kept, DH has stated time and again you can only horde so many, that's how he created the Modmod Subdued Animals to work. When your economy starts declining start using some up. Even if the only benefit you get is 1 hammer and 1 food. Obviously if you have an option to use an animal for Gold and your economy is sluggish that would be a better option than 1 hammer and 1 food. As you use them you will see the gold/turn start to turn around.

JosEPh

When you say crashing, do you mean OOS (Out of Synch) errors or absolute CTDs (Crashes to Desktop) or MAFs (Memory Allocation Failures)?

We had some shortcut icons that would attempt to directly load C2C but found this caused the game some bugs to load it like that for some reason.

I get CTDS

I get CTDS

Then post the bug report in the bugs thread along with a savegame if the ctd is repeatable and the minidump file along with a note as to the SVN version # or if its a stock v27 issue.

Once I'm done with a couple projects I'm on I'll be reviewing all the CTD saves I'm collecting here and seeing what I can do with them.

So many people have been having problems with the game due to using Desura to download it, so I'm wondering if there is any way for whoever set up the download of this MOD from that website to disable the Desura option?

All Subdued Animals should have their maintenance costs at zero. So that cost is just the cost of units over your free number of units. A subdued elephant should cost much less that an Elephant Rider. If it isn't then it is a bug. I am away until after the new year so can't check what is going on.

I was only asking because SO had just said that subdued animals can cost up to 6 gold per turn in maintenance. To be exact:

I do the same thing, keep ALOT of Subdued animals, for later techs, BUT thats where the MAIN problem is, it cost alot of :gold: to maintain "them" and i mean alot. I think its between 2-6 per animal, depending on which animal you have, so they add up very fast.:sad:

Anyway I personally am not fussed, as I am not aware of it significantly affecting my game. (It might be, as I have about 5 of them, I'm just saying I'm not aware of it. Ignorance is bliss, don't you know? ;))

Okay, I was able to download v27 through torrent but I've not solved my problem. :/
When I load the mod (either through BTS menu or by adding mod=\Caveman2Cosmos to the launcher), the screen goes black for a second, I get a "color compatibilty" error, BTS process open in the task manager but nothing else happens. After a brief time, the process kills itself and the game doesn't load.
What should I do? I'm going to reinstall Civ IV another time, but it doesn't seem to solve the problem

There were no patches for V27. You should always delete old versions of C2C though before extracting the new version.

I believe he was talking about 3.19 BtS patch.

Happy Holidays everyone!

I have been trying to download and install v27. It took quite awhile to find a place to download it, but I did so through Gamefront. I've downloaded it twice actually. Both times, about 15 seconds into the extraction, I get an error message that says:

Unsupported compression method for ... (and then it lists every file in the mod).

Is there something wrong with how I'm trying to extract this file or could the file itself be bad?

Happy Holidays everyone!

I have been trying to download and install v27. It took quite awhile to find a place to download it, but I did so through Gamefront. I've downloaded it twice actually. Both times, about 15 seconds into the extraction, I get an error message that says:

Unsupported compression method for ... (and then it lists every file in the mod).

Is there something wrong with how I'm trying to extract this file or could the file itself be bad?

The file itself is bad, you have to download it again.

Thanks for your reply. I've already downloaded it two different times and I get the same error. Do you know of another source/link where I can download v27? I did find a link to download it using torrents, but it was broken.

What are you trying to uncompress it with?

The compression method used is relatively new, as these things go, and requires software that is nor more than maybe 3 years old (and possibly not that old). So try updating to the most recent version. It was made with 7-zip so the current version of 7-zip is the best bet.

Thanks ls612 and God-Emperor -- the issue seems to have been that my 7-Zip was indeed an older version that wouldn't open the compressed file. I upgraded to version 9.22. However, I'm a bit concerned that I had to Ignore (skip) two of the 7-Zip files when it was installing. That happened when I tried to install version 9.20 as well.

Anyway, thanks again for your help!

Thanks ls612 and God-Emperor -- the issue seems to have been that my 7-Zip was indeed an older version that wouldn't open the compressed file. I upgraded to version 9.22. However, I'm a bit concerned that I had to Ignore (skip) two of the 7-Zip files when it was installing. That happened when I tried to install version 9.20 as well.

Anyway, thanks again for your help!

Yeah, I suppose that would explain it. Since V26, I've been compressing it using some fancy settings in the newest version of 7-zip in order to make the files as small as possible.

After playing C2C (ver 27) for a while, I have some minor questions...

- What's the difference between worker and elephant worker?
- Why some of my cities have a world wonder limit of 6 while some only have 4. Is it due to culture or building or size or something else?
- I remember I have built a world wonder saying that "Great General can cheat death" (I've forgot the name of the wonder), but when my troops were overrun in enemy land the general disappeared completely?

Hope someone can answer these. By the way C2C is the best mod I've ever played in Civ and really appreciate the great work:D

- What's the difference between worker and elephant worker?

Elephant Workers can build stuff slightly faster than a worker can. Note that Mule Oxen and elephant Workers all work at the same speed, which is faster than a Worker (or Gatherer).

- Why some of my cities have a world wonder limit of 6 while some only have 4. Is it due to culture or building or size or something else?

As a city grows it can have more World Wonders (and national wonders). Thus bigger the cities the more wonders you can have. Note that in custom settings under "Unlimited Wonders" you can turn this feature off and have as many wonders as you want in a city.

- I remember I have built a world wonder saying that "Great General can cheat death" (I've forgot the name of the wonder), but when my troops were overrun in enemy land the general disappeared completely?

Hmm. I don't know. Sounds like a possible bug. You should post that with a saved game if possible in the bugs section.

Hope someone can answer these. By the way C2C is the best mod I've ever played in Civ and really appreciate the great work:D

Thank you. And welcome to C2C. Let us know if you have any more questions. We would be happy to answer them.

Top Bottom