Caveman 2 Cosmos

Sounds like a fox hunt. :mischief:

(blows horn) FOUND A FO...nah, just Hydro...also Hydro, your Rome world is seriously screwed up( finally got the save to work for me). I think got decided to forsake that world ages ago. The world's supposed to be only landmass in the year 30,000, not likely reach 100% land by 10,000 AD. At least I be able to make sure my imperial throne is prepared for then.

(blows horn) FOUND A FO...nah, just Hydro...also Hydro, your Rome world is seriously screwed up( finally got the save to work for me). I think got decided to forsake that world ages ago. The world's supposed to be only landmass in the year 30,000, not likely reach 100% land by 10,000 AD. At least I be able to make sure my imperial throne is prepared for then.

You mean my global warming world, where everything is dunes?

Hi. Does the emerging of the barbarian cities was removed? I have played till 12000 BC but there is no one barbarian city on the map. Usually by this date there are barbarian cities in Ireland, Africa, Kamchatka, Siberia, America and all over the world.

Hi. Does the emerging of the barbarian cities was removed? I have played till 12000 BC but there is no one barbarian city on the map. Usually by this date there are barbarian cities in Ireland, Africa, Kamchatka, Siberia, America and all over the world.

All depends on what speed you are playing on, for Marathon is around 425ish turns, Snail about 480ish turns. At least that is what i am seeing when testing. Then after that they will form real fast.

Suggestion: exclude the culture-resources from the possible boni that the Empire State Building can grant; seemed a bit odd when it gave me a Klamath and Franks upon completion. ;)

Suggestion: exclude the culture-resources from the possible boni that the Empire State Building can grant; seemed a bit odd when it gave me a Klamath and Franks upon completion. ;)

Solution: don't let them get it, or make sure they don't have at some point by conquering them

Solution: don't let them get it, or make sure they don't have at some point by conquering them

Them? Them who? My point is that the Empire State Building doesn't discriminate between goods-resources and culture-resources: in my game I already had 1 Franks culture resource, from owning their cultural wonder, and then the Empire State Building gave me another copy, as well as another cultural resource - doesn't seem to be working as intended.

Them? Them who? My point is that the Empire State Building doesn't discriminate between goods-resources and culture-resources: in my game I already had 1 Franks culture resource, from owning their cultural wonder, and then the Empire State Building gave me another copy, as well as another cultural resource - doesn't seem to be working as intended.

It's called using it for all it's worth. You can use it for extra funds and the likes.

Currently there is no (easy) way in game to tell the difference between the various tpes of resources; map, manufactured or cultural.

You need to have the right option enabled in order to get those (Barbarian Civs).

Not true. Barbarian cities are standard BtS. Barbarian Civs has those cities turn into nations when the requirements are met.

Oh, I thought that the OP was asking about barbarian cities turning into minor civs. If he isn't getting any spawns he may have accidentally turned on the No Barbarians option.

Oh, I thought that the OP was asking about barbarian cities turning into minor civs. If he isn't getting any spawns he may have accidentally turned on the No Barbarians option.

Not quite true either;) No Barbarians means no wild animals or barbarians units at all!

In the NEW SVN with all the AI changes you will see a great deal more Barbarian cities coming to be. See attached: But they come around 400-500 turns in BUT after that they multiply and grow very fast, which is why i like them.

I WISH they would be ALOT faster in the making like around 100 turns, but that where the animals take its toll in C2C, cant have one without the other.

Attachments

• Barbs.JPG
    Barbs.JPG
    246.5 KB · Views: 116
Two setup/interface questions:
1. Is there any way to set the game up, so that when your rogue attacks a worker, it doesn't automatically end his turn on the attacked tile? With viewports is that very annoying - the action jumps to another viewport (30s), then on ending the turn you have to remember you left your rogue in a vulnerable position, activate the military advisor (new viewport - another 30 s) and activate the map section with the rogue (another 30 s).
2. If I go from the domestic advisor in a city, is there any way to return to the domestic advisor and not to the map?

Two setup/interface questions:
1. Is there any way to set the game up, so that when your rogue attacks a worker, it doesn't automatically end his turn on the attacked tile? With viewports is that very annoying - the action jumps to another viewport (30s), then on ending the turn you have to remember you left your rogue in a vulnerable position, activate the military advisor (new viewport - another 30 s) and activate the map section with the rogue (another 30 s).

Are you saying that when a rogue attacks a worker it always uses up all his movement points, even if he should have 1 left?

Are you saying that when a rogue attacks a worker it always uses up all his movement points, even if he should have 1 left?

Assuming it's the same behaviour that I've noticed, it's not quite that - instead, whenever a unit attacks a worker, the game automatically skips the rest of the attacking unit's turn - even if it has movement points remaining - moving on to the next unit. If you manually go back to the turn-skipped unit (e.g. via Military Advisor), you can then spend any remaining movement points, but this is a hassle when you have multiple units engaged in hunting workers. If it's meant to be this way - perhaps to facilitate defending just-captured workers? - units which can't capture, such as criminals, should probably be exempted... if that's doable.

Currently there is no (easy) way in game to tell the difference between the various tpes of resources; map, manufactured or cultural.

I see; well, nevermind then - no doubt there are many things of much greater importance to be working on. :)

Koshling,
I've notice something similar with my Bandit Raiders. No, it doesn't use up their movement. However, they stop and the game goes to the next unit. You can go back and select the Raider (presumably the rogue too) and continue to move him. I discovered this as I was going back to select the captured workers to delete them.

Top Bottom