Caveman 2 Cosmos

Hey, I've been enjoying this game immensely after downloading it recently but have come into a fairly game breaking bug.

Welcome to C2C. :)

This post should be in the "Bugs and Crashes" thread. Also please read the first post of that thread, as it shows you the info you need to provide when reporting errors. i.e. what version are you playing.

I believe this bug was fixed along time ago, in the SVN version.

Welcome to C2C. :)

This post should be in the "Bugs and Crashes" thread. Also please read the first post of that thread, as it shows you the info you need to provide when reporting errors. i.e. what version are you playing.

I believe this bug was fixed along time ago, in the SVN version.

Sorry I didn't know there was a bugs and crashes thread, I really don't use forums much. The mini dump upload isn't really working since apparently .dmp isn't allowed to be uploaded, any instructions on how to upload the file would be much appreciated. EDIT: nvm figured it out

I'm running version 33 according to the C2C readme.pdf in the files. The crash seemed kinda sudden and to be some tiny problem with one missing texture messing everything up for me unfortunately. Also, Thanks for replying so quick!

Mini dumps and save game. (don't know what a mini dump is so please excuse me if this isn't it.) View attachment C2Csavegameandminidumpfromdylanjack07.zip

Sorry I didn't know there was a bugs and crashes thread, I really don't use forums much. The mini dump upload isn't really working since apparently .dmp isn't allowed to be uploaded, any instructions on how to upload the file would be much appreciated. EDIT: nvm figured it out

I'm running version 33 according to the C2C readme.pdf in the files. The crash seemed kinda sudden and to be some tiny problem with one missing texture messing everything up for me unfortunately. Also, Thanks for replying so quick!

Mini dumps and save game. (don't know what a mini dump is so please excuse me if this isn't it.) View attachment 378451

Please update to v34. This should fix your problem and your save should be playable.

JosEPh

Please update to v34. This should fix your problem and your save should be playable.

JosEPh

I just redownloaded C2C v34 from moddb and tried the save again, still didn't work, same problem. I also checked the readme.pdf and it said v33 at the top although on moddb it said I downloaded v34. The reinstall didn't fix the problem and I'm pretty sure that I had already downloaded the same file when first installing the mod. I think that it was just forgotten to put v34 in the readme, that or moddb messed up the v34 and v33 files.

Follow the instructions on the first post of the SVN Discussions thread.

I downloaded and installed the SVN and it works fine now,no errors. I guess that the SVN will keep me updated to the latest version of the mod? So at least I won't bother anyone with bugs addressed months ago. It's impressive how much is changed, the art is better (more in theme with CIV instead of assets from like AOE3) and it seems a little faster. I'll probably just start a new game anyway though since it's a new version but thanks a ton for the help! :)

The only question I have is what happened to all the civs and leaders? I don't have a problem with less choice but I'm just curious. I would guess quality control or balancing.

Again, thanks for helping me with my problem, now I can continue enjoying this great mod! :)

Yeah just keep updating the svn file and you'll stay up to date... good to keep an eye on the bugs and crashes thread to be sure it's not a bad idea to update at the moment.

We took out many civilizations to cut down the download size and MAF errors and most of them are available for downloading as extras in the modmod subforum here in the C2C segment of the forums.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the current SVN. Few tasks still to clean things a little deeper yet but we've improved on things a lot I believe.

Quick question: Is the hunter-gatherer trait working properly? I'm playing a game with hunter-gatherer and agricultural traits and I'm noticing plots with 6 food when I'd think they should be 7 food due to the +1 food on 6 food plots. I don't know if the description is wrong or I missed something but a quick answer would be nice.

Thanks in advance :)

I looked in the pedia but didn't see anything, also searched in threads. Any way, I know the air pollution and water pollution, fire, crime, but what are the books and the new one is a gold Incan looking statue.

The books are Education, and so far the only thing I've found they do is that they contribute to a series of automatic buildings for each city. The statue heads are Tourism, which I believe is still being implemented and thus does not have an actual effect yet.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, more informed sorts.

Hi there !

Well i have a question, i want to play a game with 30 civs (or more) in a giant map (or bigger), but it might be to heavy to my machine, actually I play with 14 civs, in the late game, it take 1 minute to chargue (indutrial era).
This is my pc config:
-Amd Fx 6100 at 3.3 GHz 6 core
-MSI Radeon Hd 7730 1Gb DDR5
-4GB DDR3 1333 MHZ
-Asus m5a88-v Evo
-Sata 7200 RPM

So, what should i do to make the game faster? to play with 30 civs?
I was planning to buy another Ram to have the dual channel system, but i am not sure

Thanks for the advices :D

Hi there !

Well i have a question, i want to play a game with 30 civs (or more) in a giant map (or bigger), but it might be to heavy to my machine, actually I play with 14 civs, in the late game, it take 1 minute to chargue (indutrial era).
This is my pc config:
-4GB DDR3 1333 MHZ
-Asus m5a88-v Evo
-Sata 7200 RPM

I was planning to buy another Ram to have the dual channel system, but i am not sure

IMHO, 1 min in that era on that map is a pretty good turn time.

Hi there !

This is my pc config:
-4GB DDR3 1333 MHZ
-Asus m5a88-v Evo
-Sata 7200 RPM

1 minute between turns with 14 civs in Industrial era is actually quite good. As by that time all 14 civs could have 20+ cities very very easily.

Upping your ram to 6-8 GB will help somewhat, but you didn't say whether your OS is 32 bit or 64 bit? If 32 bit more ram won't help. If 64bit then 2 or more GB of ram is helpful at maintaining you End of Turn wait times (EoT).

But 30 civs on a giant map, well, now what set up Options you plan on using come into play even more. I would suggest not using REV or Barb Civ if you want to even reach the Industrial Era with that # of civs and mapsize.

JosEPh

1 minute between turns with 14 civs in Industrial era is actually quite good. As by that time all 14 civs could have 20+ cities very very easily.

Upping your ram to 6-8 GB will help somewhat, but you didn't say whether your OS is 32 bit or 64 bit? If 32 bit more ram won't help. If 64bit then 2 or more GB of ram is helpful at maintaining you End of Turn wait times (EoT).

But 30 civs on a giant map, well, now what set up Options you plan on using come into play even more. I would suggest not using REV or Barb Civ if you want to even reach the Industrial Era with that # of civs and mapsize.

JosEPh

Yep it´s a 64 bit system, and i am planning to buy another 4 GB DDR3, actually i am editing an european map (huge) , and adding all the european , mid - eats and meditteranean civs,

Yep it´s a 64 bit system, and i am planning to buy another 4 GB DDR3, actually i am editing an European map (huge) , and adding all the European , mid - eats and Mediterranean civs,

It wont help adding more than your already 4 GB of memory. So no need to do so.

:o So, what do i have to do to make it faster???
:agree: but also a faster core would help. I use an i7 and my wife is on what you've got there. Her's is significantly slower than my system.

Top Bottom