Caveman 2 Cosmos

Hello Play your mod and it is simply amazing, but crashes with the error "Bad Memory allocation". Tried different options already reached just before the "Gigantic" card, but still after 200 moves begin departures every few moves. Currently playing "Gigantic" with 50 civilizations (46 at present), a map of Pangaea.
My configuration is suitable for all modern games at maximum settings without lags and departures.
i7 4770k, corsair 16gb 2400mhz 9 timings, Palit GTX 770 graphics card, the game is on the SSD Samsung 840 pro and swap file at the option of 80GB (again on the SSD). Already tried to play "in the windowed mode" with minimal settings - does not help. This configuration has to cope over, given that the game uses only 2GB of RAM, and at the same crash bug. Tell me, please, what can be done to get rid of the error. Thank you.

Hello Play your mod and it is simply amazing, but crashes with the error "Bad Memory allocation". Tried different options already reached just before the "Gigantic" card, but still after 200 moves begin departures every few moves. Currently playing "Gigantic" with 50 civilizations (46 at present), a map of Pangaea.
My configuration is suitable for all modern games at maximum settings without lags and departures.
i7 4770k, corsair 16gb 2400mhz 9 timings, Palit GTX 770 graphics card, the game is on the SSD Samsung 840 pro and swap file at the option of 80GB (again on the SSD). Already tried to play "in the windowed mode" with minimal settings - does not help. This configuration has to cope over, given that the game uses only 2GB of RAM, and at the same crash bug. Tell me, please, what can be done to get rid of the error. Thank you.

The engine is old. Not playing on gigantic would help. We have removed this size option for this very reason. The next release has done some things to mediate the problem but the bottom line is that the exe is 32bit and old.

The engine is old. Not playing on gigantic would help. We have removed this size option for this very reason. The next release has done some things to mediate the problem but the bottom line is that the exe is 32bit and old.

I just read that people play even Immense and they have no flown. Therefore, the thought that there is a solution.

One help is the use of viewports, to enable them have a look at the BUG option tabs.

I never removed Gigantic. Do you think i should??

Don't play with more than 28 Civs, Even on Gigantic.

Does not matter how high end your computer is, it's the CiV IV engines limits that you are exceeding. C2C has really pushed the boundaries but to play with 46 Civ on a Gigantic map ie Asking for the game to crash. Just don't do that. Cut your Civ total by half to 2/3rds and you can have a nice game.

JosEPh

Don't play with more than 28 Civs, Even on Gigantic.

Does not matter how high end your computer is, it's the CiV IV engines limits that you are exceeding. C2C has really pushed the boundaries but to play with 46 Civ on a Gigantic map ie Asking for the game to crash. Just don't do that. Cut your Civ total by half to 2/3rds and you can have a nice game.

JosEPh

I say never play more than 15-20 THAT's IT!!:p

Im playing mostly 7-8 civs + revolutions on
I like to think that C2C is a clash of civilizations, not a specific nations.

And thats the way we intend it to be, though it will take aloooong time to get there, "hopefully."

I came here tonight to ask that same question, it's been nearly 6 months. :)

Not that I don't appreciate the effort you guys put into C2C.

Is v35 going to be more stable? v34 really upped the rate of MAFs I get. I even considered going back to v33, but that just feels like replacing your V8 with a V6.

In desperation I've been playing other games. :p All the MAFs are like dating Zoe Saldana if she had a third arm growing out of her forehead.

Moved to correct thread.

See that Field of view slider at the top right corner?
It's at One, it's default at 42. Just move it to 42.

:lol: Ahhhhhhhh I knew it would be something simple like that that I overlooked. I've played Civ games for ages but never fiddled with FOV, so it threw me off when I saw it. Thanks for the reply. (Took me awhile to log back in because I've been having too much fun with this mod...)

:lol: Ahhhhhhhh I knew it would be something simple like that that I overlooked. I've played Civ games for ages but never fiddled with FOV, so it threw me off when I saw it. Thanks for the reply. (Took me awhile to log back in because I've been having too much fun with this mod...)

I've forgotten where, but there is a way to remove the FOV meter from the screen. That way you set it (I believe in the ini file) and never worry about it.

Which game speeds are balanced, as of v34? And does minimum city border prevent cities from flipping?

Top Bottom