Caveman 2 Cosmos

64 bit windows 7 with 6 gigs of RAM. i7-3520 M 2.9 GHz, nvidia GeForce GT 630M

Not winning any prizes, but a respectable lower-budget setup.

64 bit windows 7 with 6 gigs of RAM. i7-3520 M 2.9 GHz, nvidia GeForce GT 630M

Not winning any prizes, but a respectable lower-budget setup.

Have you updated to the latest SVn version? alberts2 just made some fixes that corrected some CTDs of late.

See Bug thread for SVN Bugs.

JosEPh

So I didn't even know that SVN was a thing. I must have missed that in the instructions when I first downloaded this mod. I think I did everything correctly, but is there any way to be sure? Everything seems to be running a lot smoother and the past three turns haven't crashed, so something is working that wasn't before. Thanks for the help!!

Honestly you guys are awesome. Every time I come on here with a problem or a suggestion someone helps me or responds constructively. And the work you all have done is truly amazing. To take something as fun as civ and make it even better requires a lot of time and talent. I'm a computer science student at a university, and I can't even begin to understand how you all make all of this work together.

The SVN is a beta so there can be problems with using it. When we get a stable version we release it as a download. We have not done one of those in a while and there is much to do before we can try the freeze for major testing before the next release.

About the SVN, over the last few days I've been using the Repository browser to try and find the "official" v17, and cross referencing with the SVN thread. The 1st version I exported was SVN 500. While I continued my search I decided to Replace the current SVN version in my BtS\Mods folder with the Caveman2Cosmos from SVN 500. And I started a new game. (I later discovered that v17 was SVN 588, so SVN 500 is a post v16, pre v 17 version.) I also ended up locating v18(svn 888) v21(svn 1897) and v22.1(svn2162-65). v19 is somewhere close to svn 1435.

So for this v16 game I choose an Archipelago map because the map choices back then were much much different than today's, Large map, Epic game speed, Monarch. The game is at 1859AD and I'm next to being last on the power list. I have Frigates and Musketmen, but the AI, Shaka, Peter, Hannibal, and Wang, in particular, have destroyers and Balloons and so much more. I ended up on a small archipelago that would only support 7 cities ( my largest will get to 25 pop and then start starving and losing pop. Especially as my fishing fleets are constantly being destroyed. I've managed to hold off 3 Hannibal invasions mostly because he's only brought in a handfull of units (5 or less) and I've been able to suicide my elephant riders against his Musket and Hvy cannon enough so that my sword and Crossbow could finish him off. If he would have brought 10 units I would've been toast. And he did not follow up.

Shaka won the Apostolic vote so it's been getting Dow'ed thru that and then after 50 turns getting all but hannibal to come up and say you need to end this war against Mansa, etc.. Well of course I agree!

I don't see me winning this one. But it's a test to see how long I can survive before one of these super powers decides to go whole hog on me. I have also gotten my city count up to 10 by settling 3 small islands now that I can travel the ocean. But I had to run the gauntlet on 2 of them.

Anyway this post is to let others know that the old versions are still available thru the SVN if you happen to get nostalgic or just want to see how much the mod has changed. SVN 500 dates from the fall of 2011.

JosEPh :)

@SO: Improved picture for the OP of this thread.

100,000_Years.jpg

I've had this lying around since I improved the loading screen.

@SO: Improved picture for the OP of this thread.

View attachment 394596

I've had this lying around since I improved the loading screen.

Is there any way to get the caveman one to be on the LEFT side (the guy) instead, I like that better . .

Just mirroring the image on its vertical axis would do that immediately.

You know, I think that does look better already.

Better thx, this way you have it starting on the left, and the alien on the right, way to go . . .

Clearly she's not an alien. She's a cyborg.

Clearly she's not an alien. She's a cyborg.

I thought she was a future freedom fighter, with a futuristic combat/comm helmet. Not quite at the Matrix level,...yet. :)

JosEPh

I thought she was a future freedom fighter, with a futuristic combat/comm helmet. Not quite at the Matrix level,...yet. :)

JosEPh

Could be that too. Or both. ;)

Top Bottom