Caveman 2 Cosmos

I should concentrate on more important things to be irritated by, like losing a 99% to win battle in the base CIV4 BTS
Don't play with the Vanilla Combat option then! lol

Besides, no matter how awesome it is, nothing can beat Uranus-Earth from Perfect Mongoose, because it acted like it was Earth tilted on it's side.
We're looking into the complaints registered. We always do. Joe was just trying to ask you to do so a little less like he might've himself. lol (sorry Joseph... had ta' take a friendly jab on that one. ;) ) This one strikes me as you played with a particular option that was intended to create this effect, where the map loops around north-south rather than east-west.

Don't go dissin' MoOIII :trophy: ifn ya don't wanna fight, ya hear now!?? :trouble::nono::splat: I still have it on my computer and still play it from time to time. I modded it back in the day. My 1st game to ever mod. My personal Race Mod was to MoOIII what RoM was to BtS.

And as for CtS, I finally started a new game with the last patch after giving up during EA7. Now it's on sale at Gog for $14.99 and the New DLC is $9.99. I paid $50 for the privilege of being an Early Access (alpha) tester thru the Collector's Edition. They Owe me for this new DLC with all the dumb crap they pulled! :thumbsdown:

JosEPh

I'm sorry for getting irritated with the map script for not working. Besides, no matter how awesome it is, nothing can beat Uranus-Earth from Perfect Mongoose, because it acted like it was Earth tilted on it's side.
Nothing to be sorry about, World_WIP was unable to generate any map that was not earthlike or archipelago.
Why, because I'd managed to write a variable with an uppercase letter where there shouldn't have been one in many places ( bWaterWorld instead of bWaterworld ).

One must tread carfully in code land. lol.

I'll upload the fix to the SVN soon.

Last edited:
What is the 'bandit spawn modifier' in the A New Dawn Globaldefines.xml? Is it presently unused? (Neutral territory) barbarians? Crime-based criminal spawn rate in civ-cities? (Actually, that might be an idea to have a modifier for. Not right now though, I know you're in feature freeze.)

What is the 'bandit spawn modifier' in the A New Dawn Globaldefines.xml? Is it presently unused? (Neutral territory) barbarians? Crime-based criminal spawn rate in civ-cities? (Actually, that might be an idea to have a modifier for. Not right now though, I know you're in feature freeze.)
It's not for criminals, which is based on a formula that makes the chance based on how much crime you have in the city. If you have no crime you have no chance to spawn a criminal.

It MAY be for barbs... usually it's for spawns defined with that modifier applying to them is usually how those spawn modifiers work if they are using the C2C spawn mechanism. It could go back further to another RoM or AND or other team project in the past though.

It is intended for a new sort of barbarian, bandits. They are intended to upset trade mostly. Units will target caravans and trade routes but mostly will not move from the hideout. They wont build cities but will build hideouts and spawn there even if with in a nation's territory. Some crime and diplomat units may place a bandit hideout, usually in another's territory, using up the unit unless it has much exp in which case it will return to the capital, similar to a spy.

The spawn rate modifier is for spawning such bandits.

Diplomats and Missionaries may be able to sway the bandits showing them the error of their ways. This could have a number of different results, a new city; some captives, workers and soldiers; or they may just disapear

Profitable trade routes may spawn a number of bandit hideouts along their path. Each should reduce the amount of income from that trade route. A bandit hideout on a trade route in the wilds and "far" from any nation may become a "Bandit City State" which charges a toll to protect trade from other bandits and eventually become a neutral "City State" in a similar way to barbarians becoming nations.

It is intended for a new sort of barbarian, bandits. They are intended to upset trade mostly. Units will target caravans and trade routes but mostly will not move from the hideout. They wont build cities but will build hideouts and spawn there even if with in a nation's territory. Some crime and diplomat units may place a bandit hideout, usually in another's territory, using up the unit unless it has much exp in which case it will return to the capital, similar to a spy.

The spawn rate modifier is for spawning such bandits.

Diplomats and Missionaries may be able to sway the bandits showing them the error of their ways. This could have a number of different results, a new city; some captives, workers and soldiers; or they may just disapear

Profitable trade routes may spawn a number of bandit hideouts along their path. Each should reduce the amount of income from that trade route. A bandit hideout on a trade route in the wilds and "far" from any nation may become a "Bandit City State" which charges a toll to protect trade from other bandits and eventually become a neutral "City State" in a similar way to barbarians becoming nations.
Sounds like a great project! I assume you're having them BE barbarian by team rather than needing a new NPC group right?

Sounds like a great project! I assume you're having them BE barbarian by team rather than needing a new NPC group right?
Correct, the units are what is different. They stay mostly in their hideout getting stronger and stronger. As the hideout gets stronger it has larger affects on the trade route or nearby lands. The units wont be strong and will only target civilians, merchants and the like. They wont have any special invisibility.

Correct, the units are what is different. They stay mostly in their hideout getting stronger and stronger. As the hideout gets stronger it has larger affects on the trade route or nearby lands. The units wont be strong and will only target civilians, merchants and the like. They wont have any special invisibility.
Ruffians. Except that on H&S, ruffian units are given a minor amount of camo since they are assumed to be intended to be used to waylay travellers that don't see them staging the ambush. Without H&S they don't have any special invisibilty. You might take a look at the Bandit Footpad and Bandit Riders as those are the starting Ruffian templates. You might want to just use them anyhow.

I was trying to get this out by the end of the weekend. It's still the goal but some sudden delays have cropped up. We'll see. I REALLY want it out by Xmas eve at the LATEST.

I had cities start shrinking and I don't know why. I put the cities on the suggested locations. It could be possible that the cities are now too close to each other but they weren't then.

I had cities start shrinking and I don't know why. I put the cities on the suggested locations. It could be possible that the cities are now too close to each other but they weren't then.

Has nothing to do with the cities proximity with each other. Are you using Size Matters (SM), Hide and Seek(HS), and some of the Other Combat Mod (CM) Options? If so you may have a criminal problem.

But 1st things 1st, how many times have we as Modders asked for details when you have a problem? If you don't supply any details how can we help you?
And posts like these belong in the Bug and Crash thread as well please.

JosEPh

I was asking if anyone else had seen this problem, so there is no need to be nasty. How do I shut off the criminal options?

I had none of the Combat Mod options turned on.

Last edited:
Hi. Determined a problem with birth of great people. The city already reached the necessary number of points. But great person did not appear. Turns to appearance -3 (minus 3).

Attachments

• Безымянный.png
    Безымянный.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 105
A few turns later great person appeared.

Attachments

• Безымянный2.png
    Безымянный2.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 156
The v37 Player's Guide should cover whatever problems you're suffering, if not right now soon. It's ALMOST complete. It's in the Tips and Tricks section.

Hi. Determined a problem with birth of great people. The city already reached the necessary number of points. But great person did not appear. Turns to appearance -3 (minus 3).

A few turns later great person appeared.
Strangest bug I've ever seen. Noted. I'll be on the lookout for trying to catch how that happened. Please note these things in the Bugs and Crashes threads.

Top Bottom