Caveman 2 Cosmos

Hey guys super excited for v38 im currently downloading it, i have one question though i've been playing v37 for months and loving every second of it so i wanna know can i continue my v37 save after updating to v38 or i have to start new. Thanks :)

Hey guys super excited for v38 im currently downloading it, i have one question though i've been playing v37 for months and loving every second of it so i wanna know can i continue my v37 save after updating to v38 or i have to start new. Thanks :)
If you played v37 without patches then most likely you would have to start new game.

Thank you very much keeping this mod up and going. I really enjoy playing c2c für quite a while now. Since work and children my playing time has become sparse but if I have time I so often come back. This mod is mostly the reason civ5 & 6 are rotting peacefully on my hard rive. Excited to play 38, just ready in time as the rest of my family will go and visit my parents in law for the next week.
Thank you!

I loaded my v37 save and recalculated modifiers everything seems normal apart from some of my cities being in very bad shape and my gold output down from 2500 to 400 ;D i guess those are part of balance changes.

I loaded my v37 save and recalculated modifiers everything seems normal apart from some of my cities being in very bad shape and my gold output down from 2500 to 400 ;D i guess those are part of balance changes.
If it was v37 without patches, then yes a lot of stuff happened.
Balancing was done all time.

Keep us posted on this game of yours. We would be curious how far you can play with the V38 changes. One major item is that the Tech tree has changed since v37 release. Another is the addition on new Eras starting with Modern Era.

Keep us posted on this game of yours. We would be curious how far you can play with the V38 changes. One major item is that the Tech tree has changed since v37 release. Another is the addition on new Eras starting with Modern Era.
i'd be glad to. I was researching mass produced steel before update and it required 20 turns to complete after the update its renamed to just Steel and required only 10 turns to complete, there are many new previous eras techs appeared which im gonna ignore since im pretty far advanced from those anyway.

i'd be glad to. I was researching mass produced steel before update and it required 20 turns to complete after the update its renamed to just Steel and required only 10 turns to complete, there are many new previous eras techs appeared which im gonna ignore since im pretty far advanced from those anyway.
So far only one thing bothering me is my great person born rate jumped from 9 to 200+ turns!

Just curious rammus47, did your year change? I think the starting year changed somewhere in one if the SVN's to 200,000 bc and it it messed some people up that didn't start a new game.

So far only one thing bothering me is my great person born rate jumped from 9 to 200+ turns!
When you updated to v38 did you do the Re-Calc pop up, ie clicked Yes?

Also since you updated a save game from v37 to v38 it would be a good idea to delete the contents of the cache folder. For win 10 users it would be in this directory path, C:\Users\"Username here"\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache .

And as SteelSterling point ed out the dates will be "off" because the mod's start date changed from 50,000BC to 200,000BC. Dates canbe ignored or removed from the BUG Options Tabs.

After a 3 or 4 year hiatus I decided to take Civ 4 back out for a spin. Imagine my pleasure at seeing that my all-time favorite mod had just been updated that morning!

When you updated to v38 did you do the Re-Calc pop up, ie clicked Yes?

Also since you updated a save game from v37 to v38 it would be a good idea to delete the contents of the cache folder. For win 10 users it would be in this directory path, C:\Users\"Username here"\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache .

And as SteelSterling point ed out the dates will be "off" because the mod's start date changed from 50,000BC to 200,000BC. Dates canbe ignored or removed from the BUG Options Tabs.
Yea i did yes on that pop up and yea....i jus noticed im in 151552 AD so is it just a number right ? or it can mess anything up ?

@Thunderbrd your latest changes aren't listed - your changelog post was edited 5th February.
In that time you added handicap modifier to production cost for player and removed it from AI and lowered costs all across whole board (globals and smaller era production modifiers steps).

@Thunderbrd your latest changes aren't listed - your changelog post was edited 5th February.
In that time you added handicap modifier to production cost for player and removed it from AI and lowered costs all across whole board (globals and smaller era production modifiers steps).
yea yea - it's gotta be updated. I'll be dedicating some time this weekend to finishing the player's guide stuff (including graphics where missing) and I'll update the changelog with that last unexpected bit.

yea yea - it's gotta be updated. I'll be dedicating some time this weekend to finishing the player's guide stuff (including graphics where missing) and I'll update the changelog with that last unexpected bit.
Also several people fiddled with unit upgrade cost - instead of 5 + 1.5*(cost of new unit - cost of old unit) its now 1 + 1*(cost of new unit - cost of old unit) or something like that.

After a 3 or 4 year hiatus I decided to take Civ 4 back out for a spin. Imagine my pleasure at seeing that my all-time favorite mod had just been updated that morning!
:wavey: and Welcome back!

Yea i did yes on that pop up and yea....i jus noticed im in 151552 AD so is it just a number right ? or it can mess anything up ?
No the dates won't mess anything up for the game play. Just messes with ppl's heads is all. ;)

Top Bottom