Caveman 2 Cosmos

Whatever you did in the last 2 days just cut off an entire huge nation from their medicine men.
Latest change for STRAW_GATHERER was from this:

<PrereqBonuses>
<Bonus>BONUS_GRAIN</Bonus>
<Bonus>BONUS_GRASS</Bonus>​
</PrereqBonuses>

To this:

<PrereqVicinityBonuses>
<VicinityBonus>BONUS_GRAIN</VicinityBonus>
<VicinityBonus>BONUS_GRASS</VicinityBonus>​
</PrereqVicinityBonuses>

Earlier than that, in rev. 10134, it was just this:
<VicinityBonus>BONUS_GRAIN</VicinityBonus>

Whatever you did in the last 2 days just cut off an entire huge nation from their medicine men.
Were AIs researching Irrigation (Ancient tech)? Those grain giving gatherers obsolete at this tech.
I guess they didn't built farms yet

I'll add AI weight to buildings, that are replacements of earlier buildings - I did that for building requirements, Industrial+ resource producers and buildings that give free buildings.

Were AIs researching Irrigation (Ancient tech)? Those grain giving gatherers obsolete at this tech.
I guess they didn't built farms yet

I'll add AI weight to buildings, that are replacements of earlier buildings - I did that for building requirements, Industrial+ resource producers and buildings that give free buildings.
Was a human player. I might be wrong about why this happened though. Take it with a grain of salt.

EDIT: OH... looking at Toffer's post I can see why. Vicinity prereqs are an AND tag only. No ORs. I'd just drop grain out of the equation. But Grass in vicinity seems reasonable, so long as maps do find it fairly common.

Was a human player. I might be wrong about why this happened though. Take it with a grain of salt.

EDIT: OH... looking at Toffer's post I can see why. Vicinity prereqs are an AND tag only. No ORs. I'd just drop grain out of the equation. But Grass in vicinity seems reasonable, so long as maps do find it fairly common.
So there is error in vicinity text:
Spoiler :

It needs to be fixed then.

So there is error in vicinity text:
Spoiler :

It needs to be fixed then.
OK, I'll check the code - perhaps it IS an OR prereq. And it could also be an error in the text itself.

I had a look a couple of hours age, it looked like an OR type tag from what I could see, but my understanding of what I saw is not conclusive in this matter.
Ok, it may be I was wrong. I did jump to that conclusion.

Straw gatherer requires Grass OR Grain.
Also Straw is OR requirement somewhere too.

Lye maker requires Straw or Grass.
Also Straw gatherer originally required Grain (locally manufactured).

I complained about this before it (Grass) should not be coming from terrain feature Tall Grass but the terrain type grassland or plains. Tall Grass is for specific uses and is not sutiable for straw it is too big.

I complained about this before it (Grass) should not be coming from terrain feature Tall Grass but the terrain type grassland or plains. Tall Grass is for specific uses and is not sutiable for straw it is too big.
I guess I misunderstood your post back then.

Does Lush, Scrub and Taiga fit too? Those are grassy too.

I guess resource requirements could be removed from straw gatherer, since wheat/barley/rice/corn exist in grassy terrains.
That is if you have those map resources in vicinity where you can get grain giving farms, then you have grassy terrains in vicinity too.

Last edited:
That would be even better since tall grass is a pain in the tookus. You have to keep it around for stuff like this but you can't improve it worth a damn if you want to.

Straw Gatherer now requires one of following terrains: Taiga, Grass, Lush, Plains and Scrub instead of resources.
I added AI weight to all replacing buildings - that is second and later in replacement line buildings got AI weight, if they are buildable (they can replace pseudobuildings though), not added to svn yet.
@KaTiON_PT it looks like you made a lot of typos when using plural names when you changed building naming scheme for those with similar function like mines, factories, farms and so on.
I'll fix those.

@raxo2222 no, those were on purpose.

When it's a quantifiable thing I made the name plural because normally you aren't producing a single unit out of a specific crop, factory, etc. Thus it is now Farm - Animal (Cows) instead of just Farm - Animal (Cow), for example.

Straw Gatherer now requires one of following terrains: Taiga, Grass, Lush, Plains and Scrub instead of resources.
I added AI weight to all replacing buildings - that is second and later in replacement line buildings got AI weight, if they are buildable (they can replace pseudobuildings though), not added to svn yet.
@KaTiON_PT it looks like you made a lot of typos when using plural names when you changed building naming scheme for those with similar function like mines, factories, farms and so on.
I'll fix those.
Might wan to add Tundra as well.

Tagia is the correct arctic terrain. It is what supported all those mammoths etc. I am not sure about Tundra though, I thought the grasses there were too short.

@raxo2222 no, those were on purpose.

When it's a quantifiable thing I made the name plural because normally you aren't producing a single unit out of a specific crop, factory, etc. Thus it is now Farm - Animal (Cows) instead of just Farm - Animal (Cow), for example.
I meant things like "gooses" (its geese) or "bisons" (its just bison).
And "Poultries" ;)
I changed them all to singular form as those refers species of animal.
As for factories they now directly refer produced resource.

Adding naming convention to gatherers, workshops and water based vicinity buildings would be nice too.
Might wan to add Tundra as well.
Tagia is the correct arctic terrain. It is what supported all those mammoths etc. I am not sure about Tundra though, I thought the grasses there were too short.
Yeah, I meant Taiga not Tundra.
I guess I'll check where grain giving bonuses can grow.
Barley: Grassland/Plains/Desert (with floodplains)
Wheat: Plains/Desert (with floodplains)
Rice: Lush/Muddy/Marsh/Plains/Scrub/Desert (last three with floodplains/water basin/swamp)
Corn: Scrub/Plains/Grassland/Desert

It seems like Taiga is already bit north from those resources.
Also most of time you are near Lush/Grassland/Plains/Scrub/Taiga anyway.
Tundra/Permafrost/Ice terrains are very scarce anyway.

Last edited:
I started a new Long Game Speed game on Emperor. I am noticing that I now am getting Anarchy of up to 3 turns from changing Starting Civics in a category to the next one in line. Example just researched Mining and Switched from No Currency to Metals. Anarchy period was 3 turns. My Other Long game, that I have been supplying saves of, did Not require a 3 turn Anarchy period at Metals when I played it.

So what changed in the past week or 2? Something sure has. Anyone know?

As far as I recall no civic changes where made... Maybe your cities are more educated this time? I know that increases anarchy times.

As far as I recall no civic changes where made... Maybe your cities are more educated this time? I know that increases anarchy times.
Hmmm,,,,,,need to look into that. I thought maybe there was a discrepancy in the Handicaps as I moved from Immortal down to Emperor with this game.

i am trying to use world builder but cant is that part of the mod or is it a bug can someone pls he;p

Top Bottom