Caveman 2 Cosmos

nvrmnd

Last edited:
Rugged Combat III already gives movement and combat bonuses for Jagged and Badland. But it needs to also give terrain damage immunity for both.

Rugged Combat III already gives movement and combat bonuses for Jagged and Badland. But it needs to also give terrain damage immunity for both.
Those terrains do damage? Ok.

Well it looks like something in python is very not MP safe:

upload_2019-9-3_19-52-42.png

This is an every round thing. What can I do to help diagnose this error in game update event?

@billw2015 FPK changes being included in every SVN revision will kill someone monthly internet data limits :p
That is not everyone has unlimited and or fast internet.
Shouldn't be there separate FPK, where only new stuff is included here?

Last edited:
SVN only sends and receives changes from what I understand (including changes within binary files, not just resending the whole file), did you check the actual bandwidth usage when updating?

SVN only sends and receives changes from what I understand (including changes within binary files, not just resending the whole file), did you check the actual bandwidth usage when updating?

It isn't case with FPK/DLL/PDB files - they always were downloaded whole on update.
And yeah, every FPK update took hundreds of MBs and DLL update was ten of MBs.

Most likely sourceforge downloads entire file to .svn folder before merging it with current stuff even if it isn't binary (in case of binary file is just replaced).

Last edited:
That's annoying! I can't do much about DLL and PDB, they will always change (but there is always code changes anyway so it doesn't matter). But the PakBuild command line can make patch FPK for us I think. I don't know how good it is, I use my own system in FPKLive, so if PakBuild doesn't work I can try that one instead.

Well it looks like something in python is very not MP safe:

This is an every round thing. What can I do to help diagnose this error in game update event?
I'll need the pythonErr.log file, for better in game python error messages you need to set some values in CivilizationIV.ini.

CivilizationIV.ini:
  • HidePythonExceptions = 0
    • Default is 1, at 0 it will give the message that is written in pythonErr.log inside popups in-game.
  • LoggingEnabled = 1
    • This one I think is also important for enabling pythonErr.log content.

I'll need the pythonErr.log file, for better in game python error messages you need to set some values in CivilizationIV.ini.

CivilizationIV.ini:
  • HidePythonExceptions = 0
    • Default is 1, at 0 it will give the message that is written in pythonErr.log inside popups in-game.
  • LoggingEnabled = 1
    • This one I think is also important for enabling pythonErr.log content.
OK, and once I do that, what am I looking to grab to share with you?

Either the pythonErr.log file or screenshots of the in-game pop up panels that contains the exact error message written in the pythonErr.log file.
OK, I'll get that for you this evening!

From loading we're getting python exception errors. I'm going to leave this on now that I know how to do this... Anyhow, during load:
upload_2019-9-4_12-23-29.png

upload_2019-9-4_12-23-44.png

upload_2019-9-4_12-24-7.png
upload_2019-9-4_12-24-19.png
upload_2019-9-4_12-24-37.png
upload_2019-9-4_12-24-49.png
upload_2019-9-4_12-25-4.png
upload_2019-9-4_12-32-24.png

There's another one that I couldn't get an image of that keeps getting buried as soon as its revealed - an event manager reference. Probably shows in the logs I guess.

This is all only the stuff on my end. She might have had slightly different ones. If you suspect you'll need me to get hers, let me know. I don't get an end turn button now and she starts the OOS as soon as she clicks on her city bar.

Attachments

• Logs.7z
    11.2 KB · Views: 44
The error during game launch is strange, something is unique locally on your side as no one have reported this error before, an I've never had it either.

Could you upload your C:\Users\User1\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini file for me, it is implying that your ini file is not formatted correctly.

Looks like you have "\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Last Edit: Wednesday, September 4, 2019 12:20:43 PM ////////" at the top of this ini file, the parser doesn't understand this comment style; try changing it to
; Last Edit: Wednesday, September 4, 2019 12:20:43 PM ////////
That is a semicolon.

Btw, the pythonErr2.log file is pretty useless in all cases.
The pythonErr.log code contains all the messages that you took screenshot of, so I only need one or the other.
The PythonDbg.log can be useful at times as it gives a wider picture of the situation.

Last edited:
Such comments and formatting is probably all automatically generated by INIBuddy. It's a download you can get here on CivFanatics... doesn't anybody else use this? It's been very useful for helping to keep the ini file settings recalled when it does it's automatic switch back to default thing it tends to do now and then (though I haven't had it do that since I got onto Win10 so maybe there was a platform issue there. Had the problem on XP and 7 where it would often switch to some defaults during a game load and not even give you the opportunity to change any of the entries until you played a round on the bad ini.)

I can try to make those changes outside of INIBuddy in a text editor I suppose. Hmph.

I was only going to show you the images but there was one I couldn't get a pic of.

Attachments

• CivilizationIV.7z
    1.3 KB · Views: 50
Such comments and formatting is probably all automatically generated by INIBuddy. It's a download you can get here on CivFanatics... doesn't anybody else use this? It's been very useful for helping to keep the ini file settings recalled when it does it's automatic switch back to default thing it tends to do now and then (though I haven't had it do that since I got onto Win10 so maybe there was a platform issue there. Had the problem on XP and 7 where it would often switch to some defaults during a game load and not even give you the opportunity to change any of the entries until you played a round on the bad ini.)

I can try to make those changes outside of INIBuddy in a text editor I suppose. Hmph.

I was only going to show you the images but there was one I couldn't get a pic of.
Yeah, sorry, I can't make the parser understand such non-ini comment styles as the config parser is outside of our ability to mod in C2C,
This is the python file that is failing when you launch your game:
e:/main/civilization4/warlords/assets/python/system\ConfigParser.py

Maybe there's a setting you can change in iniBuddy to make it use proper ini comments with semicolon instead.... Or just not comment at all perhaps.

The OOSLogger encoding error you got can not have caused your OOS, as that code is only processed after you get an OOS. There may be an issue there, but let's fix that first problem first.

Top Bottom