1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Ah yeah that's true - not quite the same red/green meaning here as on the combat help. Thanks for that reminder.

But yeah, I was going to say it was probably the religious trait you selected that has this penalty associated with it.

2. Jayman1000

Jayman1000 Prince

Oh I see, that makes sense, I am aloof leader. Also thank you for clarifying that text color, I wasnt aware about that, good to know :)

tmv likes this.
  3. Jayman1000

Jayman1000 Prince

haha Im quite blessed by many things then :lol:

cobbaut likes this.
  4. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

:)Happy Holidays, SO!!!!

Thunderbrd likes this.
  5. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

CivFanatics as a site is a little less festive than usual this year. They usually go deep with how much they change the entire theme and stuff for Xmas. Anyways they still have cool emojis for it!
    :snowlaugh::xmastree::gift::xmas::rudolf::snowcool:

@SO - looks like you were getting some intense snow this week. A white X-mas for YOU for sure!

strategyonly likes this.
  6. Jayman1000

Jayman1000 Prince

Is there a way to avoid cities auto flipping to the new rebel civilization in a revolution? There are instances where no matter how large an army I have in the city it still flips to just a couple of very weak rebel units, while my massive army is simply ejected to a tile outside the city. It does ruin the revolutions experience somewhat in an immersion breaking way, is there perhaps a way to disable that auto flip?

7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Cultural city flipping can be avoided by stocking the city with entertainers and law enforcement units. I'm not sure about Rev based causes though. Those are two different systems.

8. Jayman1000

Jayman1000 Prince

Yes it was Rev based city flipping through a revolution, I rejected the rebels demand, which is really fun :D. So I played around a little with the worldbuilder and spawned a large bunch of military units in a city that did this and at some point it seemed that enough units would reliably prevent the city from flipping through revolution. It just had to be a REALLY large amount of units though, I think there was a mix of 25 spearmen, axemen, enforcers etc in my city before it reliably prevent the flip. It does seem somewhat out of balance considering the few weak rebel units that are spawned; I'd rather more and stronger rebels would spawn.

9. Blazenclaw

Blazenclaw eccentric eclectic

It depends on the type, as TB was saying. If I remember correctly the Storyteller line of units has the highest revolt protection (might be too high, actually), followed by police line (enforcers), then a very small amount from regular military units.

10. Jayman1000

Jayman1000 Prince

I think I found a bug in the event system. Sometimes "industrious villagers" will build an improvement on a map bonus, but this can also happen on top of palisades, forts etc, so that the fort is replaced with a pasture for example..

11. Jayman1000

Jayman1000 Prince

I also tried the story tellers, had like 20 of them with multiple cultural revolt protection. This didnt help anything in this case though because I think they literally only help with revolt sentiment from different culture. My city had 100% of my own culture, but the revolt seems to stem from the fact that there is also another religion in there than my state religion (also im playing on nightmare, so this may(?) make the modifier from another religion much more influential).

I wonder if the revolt protection from units actually stems from a raw strength stat and not the amount of units? Don't know if anyone knows how that works already, but it would be interesting to test this out as then a few crack elite merged troops with high strength could then keep a revolt in check rather than dozens of weaker ones.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  12. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Events generally are buggy.

13. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

This XML bug is already fixed.

Osk21 and cobbaut like this.
  14. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

"Happy New Year!!"

Osk21, Thunderbrd, tmv and 1 other person like this.
  15. margolloxx

margolloxx Chieftain

SVN
    Is this supposed to happen?
    In my current game the minor Siamese leader (ancient era) has decided to give all his empire (except for the capitol) away as a colony. I believe this should lead to problems as they are a minor civ (not the colony nation though).
    In the attached savefile it happens when you end your turn.

Attached Files:

16. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

I have relations with Brazil at +7 and they're still Cautious. Two AIs have Pleased relations at -3. Is this a factor of difficulty level? It seems a bit extreme in both cases.

17. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Sounds like diff may have something to do with it. *dunno*

18. CTRedleg

CTRedleg Chieftain

First, let me say "Thank you, thank you, thank you" for this awesome mod. I bought a new computer a few years ago, just to upgrade my system to be able to play. It is by far my favorite mod.

I just completed my first (successful) V41 game. I played at Monarch level, using C2C_World map generator, eternity timescale, gigantic world size. I encountered a few surprising situations:

1. I conquered Aachen from the Holy Roman Empire, and it had no C.L.! I backtracked to a previous saved version, conquered the city again, and it did have a C.L.! I assume that, because C.L.s are treated as buildings, they are sometimes lost when a city is conquered. It doesn't sound like this was the intention with the new culture system - does this count as a bug?
    2. I was on a continent with llamas and elephants, but no wild llamas or elephants ever appeared. Is this a bug?
    3. All 15 rival civilizations started out on the same continent with me. I would have expected some to be on other landmasses.
    4. When Egypt emerged as a minor civilization, it had no C.L. in any of its cities. Is this intended? It never evolved to "full" civilization status.
    5. By checking the World Builder, I found 2 barbarian cities that had reached size 4, but not yet emerged as minor civs - I would have expected them to be minor civs after reaching size 3. Is forming a minor civ less than a certainty, once reaching the required size?
    6. When checking the victory conditions, the score said that I had "no" rival civilizations after I had conquered the original 15, but I still had the Egyptian minor civ active, and conquest victory didn't kick in. I would have thought that minor civs would show up in the count of remaining rivals.

Again, thank you to the whole C2C team for your years of awesome work!

cobbaut likes this.
  19. Blazenclaw

Blazenclaw eccentric eclectic

Moderately intentional; culture system isn't perfect and may yet undergo some changes, but for now that this can happen with smaller cities (or very rarely with more developed ones) is a sensical enough mechanic that it'll probably be left as is.
    Spawn chance is quite rare; it's probable they did and were immediately eaten by other animals or something (maybe bonus was valid but not location for spawn); you're not going to find every animal in every game, basically.
    I think there's a 'start on old world' vs new world setting, maybe? Otherwise, probably concidence.
    Minor civs still need work; they will not have C.L.s (but can evolve into full civs eventually).
    There are multiple considerations that go into it, including how many civs have been founded, etc. Not so simple as just size (I've had games where the largest city in the world was, for a brief period, a barb city lol)
    As before, minors aren't really integrated all that well.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the mod! ^.^

cobbaut likes this.
  20. CTRedleg

CTRedleg Chieftain

Thanks for the quick reply. I understand the mod better now. And, you were correct - the C2C_World includes a choice for "Start on Old World" or "Start Anywhere" - I hadn't selected "Start Anywhere".