Caveman 2 Cosmos

And will it also fix the "Hordes of Neanderthals" problem? Tough to play the game when behind every unexplored square is a Neaderthal (raging barbarians is off, btw). :sad:

I had the Neand problem too, but in the last few games I've (partially) played, it hasn't been an issue. A fix has been discussed, but not sure if it's in the 15.1 download posted. It could be that I'm playing on Marathon now instead of Epic. Or Prince/Noble levels instead of Monarch.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but over time some government civics become unavailable, and worst case scenerio I'm forced to switch to a different civic. One time I was using monarchy while at war with another civ and I was forced to switch to republic. As you can imagine the war weariness was devastating, and there wasn't a new government civic decreasing it until I researched Fascism.

I had the Neand problem too, but in the last few games I've (partially) played, it hasn't been an issue. A fix has been discussed, but not sure if it's in the 15.1 download posted. It could be that I'm playing on Marathon now instead of Epic. Or Prince/Noble levels instead of Monarch.

No changes there yet. Set them to low in the file that controls it (I forget which but the dtails are in the thread aboput this issue), and try to play on the sower speeds ideally where they seem to be much less of a problem.

I need to add a bunch of new XML-driven mechanism to clean it up and fix to the way we want to move to, an have not gotten round to it yet.

No changes there yet. Set them to low in the file that controls it (I forget which but the dtails are in the thread aboput this issue), and try to play on the sower speeds ideally where they seem to be much less of a problem.

I need to add a bunch of new XML-driven mechanism to clean it up and fix to the way we want to move to, an have not gotten round to it yet.

I haven't seen them spawning out of control in my last few games. I thought since I lowered my difficulty and used a slower setting that may have helped, but really I have no idea.:confused:

Oops. Last night's fix contained a silly mistake, that didn't show up in the original test case. New patch uploaded which fixes this new boo-boo also.

Cool. Glad it was something you were able to track down :)

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but over time some government civics become unavailable, and worst case scenerio I'm forced to switch to a different civic. One time I was using monarchy while at war with another civ and I was forced to switch to republic. As you can imagine the war weariness was devastating, and there wasn't a new government civic decreasing it until I researched Fascism.

Do you have more than 12 cities? Government civic will be automatically changed if you have more cities than Civic City Limits.

This is a side effect of the City Limit. And a most unpleasing one at that.

SO has started a Thread to Discuss City Limits. Join in.

JosEPh :)

I can only play on dual maps. ALL the other map sizes give me "Runtime error beyondthesword.exe somthing somthing". While playing dual I get "Fatal error memory somthing" after few turns. I read somewere that I had to update my graphic card drivers and I did but the problem remains the same.

Edit: When I look in the world editor I can see that I have 3 blue circles and non of them are in my first city. After about 4 turns I get "New govorment somthing can be changed" And ofcours I can only pick "No the old one is better". Now this means that I got one more turn to play untile I get "Fatal error memory broke my face". This reproduce exacly the same

Is it intended that Hovels dont become obsolent with City Planning and not get replaced with the houses you can build then?
Also the Housing gained from this Tech can all exist in the same city in oposit to the update system bevore this tech?

Is it intended that Hovels dont become obsolent with City Planning and not get replaced with the houses you can build then?
Also the Housing gained from this Tech can all exist in the same city in oposit to the update system bevore this tech?

Hovels are part of the Ancient/Classical set of buildings. They just are available earlier than the others.

Ancient/Classical
Hovel = Low Density | Low Wealth
Domuses = Low Density | Medium Wealth
Villas = Low Density | High Wealth
Slums = Medium Density | Low Wealth
Insulas = Medium Density | Medium Wealth
Palaces = Medium Density | High Wealth

To see more about the housing go to the Housing thread.

Note that all the huts were considered Low Density / Low Wealth so they replaced each other and in turn replaced by the Hovel.

I know I'm a moron but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to build a bloody shipwright. I've looked at the pedia page for about 15 minutes and I cannot figure on exactly what I need for each of the pre-requisite buildings (rope making building, sail making building). In short, can someone please break down the techs, resources, and buildings I need in order to build a shipwright.

Do you have a tannery anywhere? I've been caught in that bottleneck before. You may need Good (Leather) if you have nothing else to make rope out of.

edit: Here is a building breakdown for you
Many of these building require size 6 but that's probably not the issue here.

Shipwright {sailing}: req. Good (Rope AND Sails AND Wood)
Sail weaver {sailing} provides Good (Sails): req. Good (Leather OR Cloth)
Rope weaver {weaving} provides Good (Rope): req. Weaver's hut OR Good (Leather)
Weaver's hut {weaving}: requires some kind of cloth to weave, various kinds.
Tannery {tanning} provides Good (Leather): req. Various animal farms OR Good (Hide)
Hunter's camp provides Good (Hide)[probably others do too]: req. Good (Carcass)[comes from many places]
Lumber camp provides Good (Wood)[duh]

I know I'm a moron but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to build a bloody shipwright. I've looked at the pedia page for about 15 minutes and I cannot figure on exactly what I need for each of the pre-requisite buildings (rope making building, sail making building). In short, can someone please break down the techs, resources, and buildings I need in order to build a shipwright.

You are not the first to be confused. There are many options but it basically breaks down to wood, sails and rope.

1. Wood - This is the easiest to obtain since it requires a forest or jungle in the city vicinity. Just build a lumber camp and you can get Good (Wood).

2. Sails - This is where things get more difficult. You can choose either leather or cloth sails.

A. Leather - Good (Leather) is produced from the Tannery, which in turn requires Good (Hide) which requires a Hunter's Camp which requires Good (Carcass) which is produced from a specific animal hunter's camp such as a Deer Hunter's Camp or Boar Hunter's Camp. Each of these require a resource to be in your city vicinity.

B Cloth - Good (Cloth) is produced from the Weaver's Hut, which in turn requires either Silk, Hemp, Cotton, Flax or Wool. Note that Wool is produced by the Sheering Barn and requires either Sheep, Yak, Goat, Mammoth or Alpaca. Like leather you need the resources in the city vicinity.

3. Rope - This is produced by the Rope Weaver's Hut which requires either the Weaver's Hut or Leather (see sails on how to obtain these).

In short you must either have a source of leather or cloth to build ships. Wood is trivial unless you live in a land with no trees. Hope this helps you and happy ship building. :D

I got a strange display on the mouse over of the High Walls.
It says that I actual would lose 10 Defense 2,75 :culture: and 5 :gp: but also says it only replaces Palisade a building thats not exist in this city!
Only a look into the Pedia showed that it also replace the Wall and Dun buildings and so this negative numbers makes sense then.

Attachments

• High Walls.jpg
    High Walls.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 73
I have downloaded the file each day over the last few days and am getting the same results. (I know, the old programmers refrain - hit the enter key again and maybe it will work this time. :D)

I start a new game, put in my game options and it begins loading the game. It gets to "Finishing" and shows the games options. But no game. nothing. just sits there.

I start "Task Manager" to see if anything is running and I get a C++ "Runtime error". AARRGGG! :wallbash:

Any suggestions?

I found out about this MOD from watching quill18 on YouTube. It really looks like a neat game. If only it would work!!!!!!!!!!

I have downloaded the file each day over the last few days and am getting the same results. (I know, the old programmers refrain - hit the enter key again and maybe it will work this time. :D)

I start a new game, put in my game options and it begins loading the game. It gets to "Finishing" and shows the games options. But no game. nothing. just sits there.

I start "Task Manager" to see if anything is running and I get a C++ "Runtime error". AARRGGG! :wallbash:

Any suggestions?

I found out about this MOD from watching quill18 on YouTube. It really looks like a neat game. If only it would work!!!!!!!!!!

i have the same problem except i get a C++ error when it starts loading init graphics

i have the same problem except i get a C++ error when it starts loading init graphics

zakkory & Lord Gruin - assuming you are both patched up to 3.19 on base BTS I don't have any theories. A good starting point would be to check you don't have similar issues with AND 1.76 beta 5. If you can get that to start (specifically the 1.76 beta, not 1.75) it would at least rule out a whole host of possibilities. Let me know if you have issues with that also please

Top Bottom