1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman2Cosmos screenshoot/save showoff thread.

Discussion in 'Multiplayer and LP's' started by raxo2222, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

In normal BtS if you are alone on an island with no one to trade with you fall behind very quickly. In C2C I find the opposite is the case.

I usually ensure that I am alone on the continent or that impassable terrains make walls between me and my neighbours. I just find warfare with other nations boring.

2. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

I'm on par with other AIs as in eras, because I research all techs in era I think... and spending 30% of my commerce on espionage #NSA :D
    I don't get religion-related revolutions, because I choose multireligion-friendly civics (now running on Secular - I built certain wonder ;))

3. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

Yes, but the fact that you ARE able to get all of the religions means that you are playing at too easy of a difficulty level. I'll admit that it is fun to play that kind of a game from time to time, but try a harder level. You will have a more challenging game, which should also be fun.

4. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Reviving random screenshot thread.
    And really I didn't touch this game for three and half of years? o.o
    Gave my leader mythical name, because of some late game techs ;^)
    http://imgur.com/a/2trNg
    This is test run with no AI civs, Eternity, Gigantic map size and Nobility diffuculty.
    I'm using latest SVN edition - essentially testing newest stuff.

5. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

I am playing my first game at Eternity gamespeed. After 1080 hours or so, I am closing in on the Medieval era. I started on April 29 this year..

I am comfortably ahead in score of all the civs I have met. In power, however, a couple are close or ahead of me, so I can't consider the game over by any means. Fortunately they are far away.

I started on Monarch and am now on Deity. I'm still going through the techs surprisingly fast. The first few in an era (and last couple) take 25-30 turns, but once I get going, I can get through most if not all in under 10. It makes me think a slower speed than Snail might be the standard speed (whereas in the past I believed Marathon was more appropriate). I am of course playing on an earlier version (8722, pre-v36 it says)

20170912160645_1.jpg

Above is the Military Advisor minimap. Below is a recent screenshot showing typical current units etc., plus the scoreboard of known civs (only two are unknown as per Victories screen)

20170910183448_1.jpg

6. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Hi Yudi!

Yeah your Waaaaay behind the times with that version. ;)

But you can't update it either. Too many game breaking changes since then. We had too unfortunately to clean up some old old garbage and bugs.

7. Yudishtira

Plus do you even have Eternity speed any more?

I'm looking forward to playing with Tbrd's new stuff and all, but for a whole host of reasons I can't abandon this save just yet.

8. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Eternity is now 8202 turns vs the 14000+ one you are playing. All 6 Game speeds have had their # of turns changed for balance reasons. Some more than others.

Also game start date is now 200,000BC vs the old 50,000BC. And we have 15 Eras now too.

9. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Copying era list from my space playtrough...
    1. Prehistoric - 99 techs
    2. Ancient - 91 techs
    3. Classical - 60 techs
    4. Medieval - 54 techs
    5. Renaissance - 59 techs
    6. Industrial - 64 techs
    7. Modern - 95 techs --- If you are somewhere in Modern era, then you completed half of game.
    8. Information - 80 techs ----- Our civilization is now somewhere in Information age.
    9. Nanotech - 82 techs - Cislunar colonies around Earth. Colonies on Moon, Mars and Venus.
    10. Transhuman - 74 techs - Colonization of entire solar system.
    11. Galactic - 63 techs - Colonization of Milky Way
    12. Cosmic - 50 techs - Colonization of Universe.
    13. Transcedant - 51 techs - Observable universe is not enough.
    14. Future - 1 tech - Total mastery of everything. Literally everything is possible too.

Actually we have 13 eras - Future doesn't count.
    It didn't even changed era name for me after I researched String Analysis - still I was in Transcedant era ;)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  10. Yudishtira

Just a quick post to say I'm still playing this save. I'm now in Transhuman (somewhere between Information and Nanotech according to up-to-date eras). I have played for c. 3700 hours, and have completed 5400+ turns on the old 14K turn Eternity.

I have to save and reload before every end-of-turn - have to otherwise I guarantee a MAF or other crash. Every 1000 or so turns I get a end-of-turn that hangs: when that happens I have to get into WB and delete stuff from the offending AI until it's fixed.

Apart from that, this huge map with still 14 civs, with Revs, storms etc. is completely stable. The extinct Egyptian civ recently broke back away from the Hittites with 4 cities and show no sign of being gobbled back up.

I would love to play the up-to-date mod, but this is my first time beyond mid 20th century, so I've got to see how far I can take it.

raxo2222 and KaTiON_PT like this.
  11. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Game would be more stable and faster without revolutions and storms.

12. KaTiON_PT

KaTiON_PT Emperor

13. KaTiON_PT

KaTiON_PT Emperor

@Yudishtira you have any screenshots of your game as it is now? I'm quite interested.

14. Yudishtira

Okay here's one...
    20180907053934_1.jpg

KaTiON_PT likes this.
  15. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

@Yudishtira Hi, i am gaming the UEM - Ultimate Earth Map longer now, do you do the SVN update and did you done a recalculation on your long game or did you play on a steady version number for so long?

16. Yudishtira

My version is SVN8722 from late 2015. A save-breaking update happened soon after it, so I have to keep playing that save on that version.

Why do you ask about recalcs?

17. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

I game my UEM map and doing a SVN update and sometimes i recalculating, just want to know ways to keep it going as long as possible. :)

18. Yudishtira

I have end-turns that hang every month or two. When I've tried it, recalc hasn't helped. The problem is always the Mongol civ, and the solution is always taking one of their cities (trial and error till you get the right one). I give it to another AI, often one that is currently "dead".

19. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Less hangings in latest SVN version of C2C, should be your old version i think. But cool that you managed to play so long, i will copy that. :)

20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Make sure to post these saves in the bugs and crashes. These aren't happenstance or memory based but a code flaw that needs solved.