Caveman2Cosmos

A few game options have been set to a default setting and hidden form view since they are almost never changed by anybody. They still exist, but you can't change them without editing the XML (well,you didn't use to be able to: see the second fix below).

The main problem with this is an inheritance issue. A game of Civ will inherit the setting from the last time you played regardless of whether or not you used the same mod the last time. Going from one mod to another the settings can have different meanings (and after the first few in the list certainly will unless the two mods are closely related) but it only remembers the settings in the order they are listed. So if you play a mod after playing some other mod you can inherit some pretty random settings that are undesirable. If the game options are not hidden you can see what these are and change them. When a hidden option is changed there is nothing to indicate the situation on the setup screen so you are stuck with unwanted option settings when you start the game. I suspect this is what happened to you.

There are two main fixes for this situation, the first of which works with any mod.

First, if you run a game via "Play Now!" instead of "Custom Game" it should change all the settings to their default values. These new settings should "stick" so they are used the next game you start, so the usual thing is to start a game (usually on a duel sized map just to make it go faster) then immediately exit and start a new game with the desired settings. This does nothing for an existing game.

Second, if you are using C2C v30 the worldbuilder has been expanded and somewhere in there is a new screen where you can change the active game options. Changing some of them may cause problems, but most of that should be fixed by exiting the WB, saving the game (normal save, not worldbuilder save), exiting the game entirely, then loading the new save. A few side effects may linger and changing some of them may make no difference (for example, turning off goody huts may have no effect at all since having it on caused them to be placed when the game started but turning it off does not go though the map and delete them all - unless Platyping and/or the C2C port have implemented this feature and I didn't notice). CHanging the Always Peace option change should work fine as far as I know, although if you also had the "Start as Minor Civs" option set then the part of that which made you start at war with everyone may have been circumvented.

There should be another way around this issue for future games. In the mod's .ini file (Caveman2Cosmos.ini in the mod's folder) there is an option called "ForceGameOptions". If you set that to 1, when you start a new game it should override the saved settings from whatever mod you played the last time (even if it was C2C) and force them to be the default settings from the XML (unless you change them on the Custom Game screen). If you switch between mods you may want to do this. The only disadvantage is that you will have to set every option you want every time you play C2C since it will always start up set to the defaults, it won't remember the options you had set last time which might become irritating if you start a lot of games and always turn on some options.

Ok, I did get into the options screen in editor, but there's another problem:

Where can I read the descriptions for all those options there ?

Some of those "hidden options" are unknown to me, I have no idea what do they do :yuck:

1) It will list all game options regardless of originial or new ones.
However, there are certain game options with additional codes written.

The reason is that activating Game Option in game generally does not affect whatever has already happened.

For instance, No Barbarian option is supposed to prevent the game from having any barbarians.
If it was disabled initially, barbarians would have spawned in the game.
But if it was enabled later, it will only prevent spawning of barbarians from now on, but any existing barbarian units or cities will remain in the game.
Thus, for certain game options, the above additional codes are written so that they remove whatever should not be there, if that game option was activated from start.

Similarly for OCC, it is supposed to restrict human player from having more than one city.
Activating mid game will only prevent him/her from building more cities, but existing ones remain.

Thus, additional codes for the following:
A) No Goody Huts: Remove all existing ones
B) No Vassal States: Cancel all existing ones
C) Always Peace: Stops all wars, unless Always War also activated and player is human
D) One City Challenge: Destroys all cities of human player except capital
E) No Barbarians: Remove all existing ones

There are some codes for specific ones, but definitely none for C2C specific options

There are definitely more modified options that should have additional checks, such as popular ones like Real OOC or No Inquistiors.
So one of you may have to look through your options and see which ones will need to modify.

The goody hut one I can't remember whether I search by improvement type == goody hut, if so you will have to include those "water ones"

Thanks Strategyonly & Mod Team! I seriously need a nice pick me up, a new version of C2C is the perfect remedy for my personal life woes! ;) Nice timing I didn't expect a new version for another 1-2 weeks. :goodjob:

Thanks Strategyonly & Mod Team! I seriously need a nice pick me up, a new version of C2C is the perfect remedy for my personal life woes! ;) Nice timing I didn't expect a new version for another 1-2 weeks. :goodjob:
Indeed, this crew of modders get it done in a timely fashion. Good werks C2C:coffee:

You have a lot of map resources in this mod, but I've found that the game apparently has a limit in regard to the number of different map resources it will place on the map. For instance almost none of the food resources ever appear on the map. (I'm speaking of an earlier version of the mod but I don't think you've changed anything regarding subtracting resources in later versions.) The same goes for several commerce resources like papyrus, sugar and tobacco. At the same time the game will over produce certain randomly selected resources (I'm getting a lot of bauxite, platinum and tin, for example) and under produce even heavily promoted, critical resources like sulfur and uranium. Try starting a custom game and view the placed resources in world builder and you'll see what I mean. I don't see any way to avoid this skewing of resource placement except by reducing the number of different resources available. I just thought I'd bring this to your attention. I get tired of seeing nothing but melons, poultry and pumpkins on my maps and never any of the other resources like apple, banana, rice, sheep, cotton and wheat that used to appear in AND. And I never see the newly added resources like opium, amber, rabbit, flax and jade.

You have a lot of map resources in this mod, but I've found that the game apparently has a limit in regard to the number of different map resources it will place on the map. For instance almost none of the food resources ever appear on the map. (I'm speaking of an earlier version of the mod but I don't think you've changed anything regarding subtracting resources in later versions.) The same goes for several commerce resources like papyrus, sugar and tobacco. At the same time the game will over produce certain randomly selected resources (I'm getting a lot of bauxite, platinum and tin, for example) and under produce even heavily promoted, critical resources like sulfur and uranium. Try starting a custom game and view the placed resources in world builder and you'll see what I mean. I don't see any way to avoid this skewing of resource placement except by reducing the number of different resources available. I just thought I'd bring this to your attention. I get tired of seeing nothing but melons, poultry and pumpkins on my maps and never any of the other resources like apple, banana, rice, sheep, cotton and wheat that used to appear in AND. And I never see the newly added resources like opium, amber, rabbit, flax and jade.

The only resources I don't see are Guinea Pig and Parrot everything else appears on the map.

The real problem is that I don't understand the tags and values in the XML file but I am the one that maintains and adds the resources.

The only resources I don't see are Guinea Pig and Parrot everything else appears on the map.

The real problem is that I don't understand the tags and values in the XML file but I am the one that maintains and adds the resources.

What mapscript, size and number of civs do you use? I'm using Pangea, large with 30 civs.

I use huge Tectonic with default number of civs.

Well I'll be damned! :eek: It looks like almost everything is there. The Pangea mapscript is apparently defective. I was wondering why I sometimes have trouble loading it. And I always use that mapscript too. But Tectonic has a pangea option, so I guess I'll be using that for now on. Thanks! :goodjob:

Hello, i have updated c2c to v30 using Tortoise SVN. but i have problem: every 2-3 turn game minimize to desktop, i have partially solved this problem by switching to no Fullscreen mode. However my second problem is worse, i have CTD every 50 turns, i dont wanna lose this game coz im almost 700 turns away but i must reload for 20 turns back to continue playing this game...can someone help

Hello, i have updated c2c to v30 using Tortoise SVN. but i have problem: every 2-3 turn game minimize to desktop, i have partially solved this problem by switching to no Fullscreen mode. However my second problem is worse, i have CTD every 50 turns, i dont wanna lose this game coz im almost 700 turns away but i must reload for 20 turns back to continue playing this game...can someone help

Pls follow the instructions listed here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=495938

btw Welcome to CFC and trying this great mod, C2C:)

thank you. really love this mod.since i found this mod i cannot play something else. other strategies looks like demo compared with c2c. so deep.....

There are 2 modpacks that stay on my computer at all times. Caveman2Cosmos and Fall From Heaven 2. I have loved watching this Modpack evolve. Its like the Unofficial Official Unofficial Community Expansion.

Hi,
i have problem - how to calculate crime rate?
For example (screen1 - Katowice):
1. Constant building sources: -9/turn. It is simple, no comments needed.
2. General property sources: +23/turn. I have no idea how to calculate this value. Last turn there was +22/turn. There was no grow up, meanwhile i have build only Stoneworker's Hut. But this building have no influence on crime rate(?). I have read that general property sources = population*3 but it's not correct.
3. "City crime rate increase-decrease/turn". (-9) + (+23) =/= -2. How to calculate this most important value?
And screen2 - Skierniewice. +5/turn Constant building source. +14/turn General property sources. Last turn "City crime rate increase-decrease/turn" was +5/turn, and now i see -2/turn. No new buildings, no grow up, no crime units in city (i have a dog 1 field next to city). Anarchy have no effect, i made this screens after revoultuion, but there was same values before. What is going on?

btw. This is less important, but there is some formula how flammability works? (For example if flammability = x there is y% chances to burn random building). Can i lose wonders because of fammability?

The "per-turn" properties are relatively complex. Various things that affect the value, and its change each turn, are not shown.

First is enemy units such as a Rogue which will deposit crime into your city if present (you need either a canine unit or a similar crime unit of your own to see one, but you don't want to keep a rogue of your own nearby since they deposit crime wherever they are including your own territory). You can only tell if one is there by the increased crime.

Then there is the complex nature of this kind of property itself. There is a decay value that pushes them towards 0, and the farther from 0 they are the larger it is in absolute terms (it is a percentage of the current amount). It also diffuses, meaning some of it may be sent elsewhere. That elsewhere includes the plot the city is on, adjacent plots, possibly plots a bit farther away if there is a route, and other cities connected via trade routes. There are some other possible contributors to the value (positive or negative) such as locations that absorb properties from nearby locations, but I don't think any of them are actually in the game.

The trade route factor is rather variable from turn to turn since they can shift. Not only does your crime (and other things) diffuse out from your city to them, it gets crime from the connected cities too. If their crime is higher than yours it will tend to increase your crime. If their crime is less, it will be a reduction for you and an increase for them.

Also you should note that a few traits have extra crime if crime is above some level. The amount of extra per turn and the threshold level varies, but it is inevitably an ugly situation if you go over the threshold.

For crime the decay is 5%. Ignoring all other possible effects, each point of crime per turn will move the equilibrium point (the value at which it is unchanging until some other factor comes into play) up by 20 since 5% of 20 is 1 and therefore the decay per turn will equal the added amount per turn (give or take possible effects due to rounding). It will take several turns to get to the new equilibrium point, especially once you factor in diffusion.

Edit: OK, so the decay rate for crime is actually only 4%. Same general idea as above, but each point per turn gain or loss shifts the equilibrium point a bit more than I indicated. It's 5% diffusion for trade routes and plots, and 20% for the same plot to diffuse back to the city. Plots diffuse crime at a 4% rate to adjacent plots (as long as somebody owns them - it doesn't cross into unowned plots), and plots also have a 4% decay rate for crime.

Some of those things can't be happening in your screen shots because it is too early. For example, there are no trade routes so that can't be a factor. I expect decay and diffusion account for all of the difference shown.

Flammability is much less complex. It has no decay or diffusion, it is just the combined value of all the sources without any modification (hidden or otherwise). There are extra fire type events when the value is above several thresholds. As I recall, these extra events also generally get stronger as the required value increases. An event that requires 100 or more is worse than one that only requires 25 or more. The thresholds for the extra events are every 25 up to 150 (I think), after which there are no more (unless it has changed; this is how it was back in version 29, when I looked at it). As far as I know, there is currently no other effect from the flammability.

Edit: There is also a cumulative amount of flammability which is the sum of all sources, not just per city, for the player. You can see that in the text you get from hovering the pointer over your flag next to the mini-map. I have no idea if this is currently used for anything.

Top Bottom